Here’s how the job details align with your job preferences.Manage job preferences anytime in your profile.
Full job description
Role Summary: Responsible for the overall operations of the Restaurant (Front and Back of the House) in addition to maintaining the restaurant’s revenue, profitability and quality goals. Restaurant Manager ensures efficient restaurant operation, as well as maintaining high productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
Minimum years of experience: 5 years of experience as a Restaurant Manager
· Thorough knowledge of Food & Beverage outlet operations including foods, beverages, supervisory aspects, service techniques and guest interaction.
· Ability to walk, stand, and/or bend continuously to perform essential job functions.
· Excellent English communication skills (oral & written) with guests and employees.
· Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during peak season.
· Ability to accomplish necessary tasks on a computer.
· Coordinates with Front of the House and Back of the House daily restaurant operation.
· Promotes superior customer service by example, monitor service delivery and correct deficiencies.
· Handles customer complaints with a sense of urgency and good judgment.
· Manages and maintains proper atmosphere (lights, music, and air temperature).
· Maintains cleanliness in area of guest contact (bar, dining room, host area, and exterior).
· Oversees food preparation, ensuring compliance with health, safety, food handling, and hygiene standards.
· Oversees dining area to ensure that all services and standards are met through guests’ interactions.
· Ensures that checklists, requisitions and proper opening and closing functions are being completed each shift.
· Communicates effectively (oral & written) to provide clear direction to the staff.
· Observes employee’s performance and encourages improvement, as necessary.
· Organizes and conducts pre-shift and departmental meetings to discuss concerns and updates with staff members including menu changes.
· Communicates with guests and employees using a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, responds with appropriate actions and provides accurate information.
· Remains calm and alert, especially during emergency situation and/or busy period, serving as a role model for the staff.
· Ensures that all protocol and restaurant procedures are being followed on a daily basis.
· Evaluates staff performance and provide feedback to improve productivity.
· Ensures food quality and proper quantities during line checks. Correct deficiencies.
· Ensures restaurant’s cleanliness.
· Ensures all foods are served according to recipe with the right temperature.
· Monitors and manages customer orders
· Ensures and demonstrates proper food handling and sanitation standards.
· Delivers effective training at the beginning of each shift.
· Manages maintaining FOH/BOH, and assists when needed.
· Directs staff and hold staff accountable for results during the shift.
· Ensures proper dress code standards.
Cash Handling, Safety, and Administration
· Performs all opening/closing responsibilities accurately and timely.