Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent

flexible schedule
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 15, 2019
La Quinta works with your schedule if you're going to school part-time or have children. The difficulty comes with dealing with customers who are rude or ignorant. The saying "the customer is always right" is not correct. Customers treat front desk disrespectful and the management does not support the front desk agents.
A lesson learned
Guest Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 26, 2019
Wyndham Hotel in Irvine was a confusing and dysfunctional place to work. I did not enjoy any aspect of this work environment over all. Please choose wisely when discerning to work here.
The worst management Ive ever seen
Guest Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 10, 2019
The HR department are supposed to be for the employees, however they were more so for management. They hardly ever hired internally, rather hire someone who is not qualified from outside. Management were a bunch of drunks who drank for happy hour and came back to work. HR didn't know how to handle conflict properly. Also there's NO training and opportunities for career growth and advancement.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
You have to pay $44 per month for parking, the food sucks
What a great place to work!
Guest Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Valley Forge, PAAugust 4, 2018
I loved working at Wyndham, it was the best working experience I have ever had. Wyndham always would take time to train and make sure every department had a cohesive team. Advancement was not hard if you are a hard worker. They would make sure training and safety was first.
daily
Guest Service Supervisor/On Site Trainer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 21, 2018
Days were always different. Answering phone calls, checking in guest, and checking out. never had a set schedule or a set team. always different for each day.
Independent and Productive workplace
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILAugust 22, 2017
I was able to grow independently with this company. Having to handle serious situations alone strengthened my skills to handle anything in the workplace. I was able to grow within the company and enjoyed the time and people I worked with.
micro managed, terrible work-life balance
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 2, 2014
micro managed, terrible work-life balance, bad management