Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews for General Manager

I enjoyed my Career
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Grayson, KYDecember 12, 2018
I enjoyed working for Wyndham very much I have no problems complaints or concerns to report about this company. You ask for a review that's fine but to force so many words??
a typical day at work
General Manager, Wyndham Garden Paramaribo (Current Employee) –  Paramaribo, SurinameJuly 18, 2018
Walking through the lobby door as daylight emerges, I heads directly toward the front desk to check-in with the manager and clerks. Greetings are exchanged and then any issues from the previous night are addressed.

While most of the guests are still up in their rooms, I uses the quiet time to walk through the lobby and also the breakfast area and make sure it is ready when guests come down and are ready to start their day. The GM may tidy up a bit, straightening magazines and making sure the current day’s newspaper is available. I will make sure the lights are all turned on and the TVs are tuned to the right channels.

All of the time, while I walking around the lobby and other public areas of the hotel, I am interacting with employees and guests. Communication is a big part of the job and a friendly smile and some encouraging words puts everyone in a positive mood.

Early morning is also the time for meetings. The hotel GM tries to make time to attend meetings with the HOD’s. All of this usually gets done before 10:00 am, but that does not mean that the GM can slack-off the rest of the day.

The rest of the day is filled with responding to voice mail messages, reading and writing emails, masking phone calls, reviewing documents and checking key statistics, revenue management and hotel performance data.

After finding some time to grab lunch, I may do another tour of the property. I try to find time to check a few rooms for cleanliness, talk with staff members, and when the evening comes, I have an engaging conversation with hotel’s guest for a couple of hours.
Wyndham hotel and resorts
Acting General Manager (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ONJune 2, 2017
My daily functions, were to oversee the entire hotel, to make sure that it meet with the brand standards of Wyndham. To ensure that each and every guest walked in to our hotel with a smile and walked out with a smile and a look of satisfaction.

To review trip advisor and answer any questions or concerns the guest may have had, and to come to some solution to any problem that may have occurred during their stay.

To maintain a staff of 20+ people, work with budget, daily and monthly reports, work with excel, manage profit and lost, hire and firing off staff members, to secure a happy and safe environment for my staff and my guest.
Pros
got to work with an amazing staff, extremely talented General Manager who trained me to be the best i could be, to get to meet all kinds of people from all over the world