Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews for Front Desk Agent

The only good thing - Easy to Balance Life and Work
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALApril 9, 2019
This was a very draining job with very unprofessional management. Management was overbearing, they refused to pay me for overtime, they made me raise the rates for richer looking people and lower them for "poorer" people. I was told to lie about our rooms, rates, and overall facilities to get people to stay. Management made me do jobs that weren't required by me in my job description just because they didn't want to "waste money" on a maintenance man. When I told them I wasn't comfortable doing certain jobs (electrical work, climbing, and standing up to "unruly" guests, they threatened to fire me. I was told to call the cops only as a last resort because they didn't want their establishment to look bad. I was yelled at multiple times for contacting management about violent guests because it wasn't a serious issue. When I left this establishment, I needed to get work info for government assistance, they refused to sign any paperwork because they said "If they really needed anything from us, they would fax us something. Until then, don't contact us again." All of this to say, that this was the worst work management I've ever had to deal with.
Pros
Easy work, easy balance of life
Aweful
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 4, 2018
Was poorly run. Incompetent people. Favoritism was shown. Customer service to guests was non-existent. Management was ungrateful. People were set up when management made mistakes.
Pros
Co-workers
Busy, productive, fun environment
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CASeptember 12, 2017
Working at the wyndham it was fun and also stressful. However, having a manager that always wants to motivate and push their employees to be excellent in customer service
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Holidays off/paid had to be drawn out of a hat