Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Diverse work environment with great management
Lobby Attendant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 19, 2017
A great place to work where you learn a lot of skills especially people handling skills, easygoing and experienced managers, a very diverse environment with employees from all walks of life.
Pros
Employee discount on meals, hotel rooms and a great new years party for employees every year
fun and great experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  ManilaJanuary 13, 2017
*high volume of calls.
*I've learnt different sales techniques to close the sales.
*management were professional and did not tolerate nonsense.
*Co-workers were fun to be with, very skillful and always showed willingness to help.
*the most challenging part was reaching the monthly target, but it's not possible.
*the best part of the job was, for every job well done is never left unnoticed and we were always rewarded for it.
Pros
bonuses and you will learn a lot
Cons
high volume of calls and difficult customers
Fun work place
Cook (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 11, 2017
I dont mind doing anything im asked just treat me wit respect and give me the opportunity to grow in pay wage and within the company and show me the respect that im working for the company
Pros
Free lunch pto hours
Cons
No set days and work hours
It's a job
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 10, 2017
Kitchen lacks leadership from those in charge
no sense of team
very segmented groups
favoritism
minimal regard for employees
high turnover rate
roaches/flys/very unsanitary at times
Pros
at the oceanfront, you can eat good
Cons
everything else
Not a good place to work.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 31, 2016
The hours are not flexible and the job is not fun. Management only cares for themselves and not their workers. The co-workers are great and fun to be around.
Coffee Barista (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 18, 2016
Great experience. The culture they have is awesome. The people there are great. The turnover rate is awful but that only in certain departments.......
Unprofessional Not Organized
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 14, 2016
Everyday Working At The Wyndham Downtown Cleveland Was Aggravating There Was Never Linen Ready For The Housekeepers, It Was Barely Soap And Tissue To Put In The Rooms Then Instead Of It Being Divided Everything Would Be Gone, It Was Alot Of Favoritism Going On It Was Just A Hot Mess And I Dont Recommend Anyone Work There Until They Get It Together.
Cons
Unorganized, Very Unprofessional
Always helpful and kind
Runner (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAOctober 30, 2016
I enjoyed my job and working with others . i learned to always greet guests and have a positive attitude towards everyone no matter of situation . learned to always maintain my job clean and organized . also learned to never give up stay focused and be happy
busy place to work in a fast past
Room attendant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 23, 2016
A typical day at work for me is very simple, I come to work on time, I punch the clock and begin my daily routine. I learned that you come to work to do a job nothing more nothing less. Management was fine she stated what she expected and and its up to you as a person to listen. I'm not at work to make friends but to be a team player and work together to get the job done. The hardest part of my job is when we were short of staff. The most enjoyable part f my job is that all co-workers had no problem working together.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no benenfits
Great company back in the day
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 19, 2016
I worked for this company for over 10 years, transferring from Philadelphia PA to Bellingham, WA to Cleveland OH and lastly to Atlanta GA. They were my introduction to the industry and trained me to be the superb sales professional that I am today. The company was unable to maintain their market share and the brand took a nose dive in the late 90's.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Company lost momentum
made me ready for the GM
Executive Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Dubai, DUNovember 27, 2015
Professional work place with a limited senior management team. All departments report to me which is what makes the job so enjoyable, the responsibility brings joy to my job,
Good place to work room for Advantment
Glenview, Bellman/Driver (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILNovember 25, 2015
I enjoyed working with management, employees and Guests. The most enjoyable part was the Guests everyone was happy to stay with us. WE made all the Guests that stayed with us feel at home.
Best company to work at, room for growth and employee perks.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 23, 2015
Work load very manageable, room for growth, friendly atmosphere.
Good training and support by managers.
Close to home and nice building that the corporate office was located. Clean., large work areas.
Pros
Employee comp nights at hotels and resorts, discounts for family and friends.
Cons
No cons
Director of Food and Beverage (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 19, 2015
Great place to work. Good benefits, and tremendous room for growth. From a management perspective, I would probably increase the level of resources available for all departments on the sitewide portal
Friendly and fun place to work with amazing benefits.
RESERVATIONS OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDNovember 13, 2015
Wyndham is a great place to work. They offer exceptional benefits package. The people are awesome to work with. Everyday you walk in you see people smiling. Management is very understanding and easy to talk to. If you do the job as you were trained you will succeed.
Pros
Discounted hotel rooms, amazing benefits, local discounts, wonderful opportunities to succeed in the company
Productive and fun working environment.
Complex Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 30, 2015
Hospitality, fun and a board range of expertise among the management team. The associates are loyal and long term employees.
Pros
Free Parking and Dry Cleaning
Cons
Redmodel and restructure.
Great Company
Field Marketing (Current Employee) –  Destin, FloridaJune 28, 2015
Multiple job locations so it doesn't get old. Learn to deal with every kind of person. The co-workers are great, fun and friendly! It is hard getting turned down often, but very rewarding when you do it correctly.
Pros
Money
Cons
Work Holidays and Weekends
Hard work, but easy
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VaOctober 21, 2014
Housekeeping is similar from hotel to hotel. I like interacting with guests and being told thank you. Even though it doesn't happen often, I like being told that in doing a good job.
Pros
Working alone
Cons
No Benefits. Back Breaking work.
Great group of people to work with. Helped me get to where I am today.
Food & Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  241 36th St. Manhattan NYOctober 18, 2014
First Hotel job. Thought me everything I know today. Great enviornment and awesome staff.
Pros
Great People to work with
Cons
Off seasons
Great Company, Great job.
International Travel Agent & Corporate Travel (Former Employee) –  Corporate Centre, BundallAugust 15, 2014
Being a Travel Agent in a call centre environment is challenging, so it's not for everyone. Being constantly pressured to answer phone calls when you're trying to finalise long and complicated itineraries means that you spend a lot of time before and after work just keeping up. That said - in today's environment and in a job where you earn a commission bonus, having plenty of opportunity to make money is still a plus.

Management were great - they did understand the pressure we were under, and did what they could to assist when required. Co-workers were excellent, and the general feel amongst the team and the other teams in the same office were good.

Being in a corporate head office is still better than being in a face to face retail store setting, and if I were to return to the city I'd rather work for them than anyone else. Be prepared to work hard to reach your targets,but you'll enjoy the job.
Pros
Great team, friendly environment, comfortable work area, no shortage of clients
Cons
Worked a lot of extra time to keep up with workload.