Wyndham Hotels & Resorts

Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work for.Count On Me culture.
I went to work each day with that count on me culture mentality and had that feeling that customers both internally and externally could count on a memorable, positive experience.
If you like being talked and treated like a child.
Don't expect any help from any manager if it doesn't reflect highly on them. No one has any idea on how to truly or effectively run this resort. GM doesn't care about anyone but him self. Directors can and only follow never lead. That's sad
Relaxing work place
This is the best customer service job you can have. There is all types of areas where you can expand and further your career within the tourist industry.
Great place
Everybody was always so nice, but the managers were very cliquey and showed favoritism to some employees. A lot of times I would have to do the jobs of others that were too lazy to perform as expected.
Excellent culture and work life.
I recommend working here. Everyone is treated respectfully and there is a lot of work to be done. There are many perks and festivities here. The work is straightforward.
Fair
It’s a very much demanding job to keep up the demands of hundreds of hungry tourists who load up for the long day ahead. Some of the challenges usually come out of nowhere and sometimes push you to a hard drive. A job like this is no trouble and fun sometimes, but what made it lacking was the management. They very clearly show a bias against local workers and often favor the foreign works who cancan work with no real
Unless you have no other options
Honestly just find another place to work the guest make it more horrid then anything, not only are the guest dreadful your coworkers may not even show up so best of luck
pre-opening
pre-opening of 257 keys, rebrand property from hostel to hotel, HQ was very helpful to assist for pre-opening, lots of challenges but managed to open under difficult anvironment
Fast paced, great culture
Great franchising company.
Good life work balance

Caring leaders

Strategic work

Enjoy colleagues

Beautiful campus

Learned a lot about hospitality and travel
Not a place to build a career on.
The Wyndham Hotel & Resort in North Little Rock AR. Very much so needs to screen there Managers and their employees. Drugs & Background checks. They need to be more aware of the people they hire.
Not a good place
Female GM is impossible to work w if you want a life. Not very open- minded at all. You as the front desk gets all the grief regarding the status/upkeep of the hotel that is out of your control. They allow lead staff at front desk to be on parole and keep mess going! K.R.
I would not recommend anyone to work here.
Management and employees are overworked and underpaid. The hotel General Manager is a very arrogant, rude and cold hearted man who does not value his staff. There is so much black mold in the building that guests and staff have become ill. Some have even been hospitalized.
Not that hard
I miss working there but I had so personal issues so I had to leave. It’s a good place to work and you can have great co works.they treat you like family.
Great work environment
Great place to work and the manager was very flexible with hours. While working there my girlfriend was pregnant and he would let me clock in early so that i can clock out early on days I needed to be home with her.
Good people. Fast paced. Constantly moving goalposts.
Very friendly place to work (hospitality). Workload is heavy. Work-life balance is weighted more toward work with many 50+ hour weeks. Compensation is mid-range. Non-IT teams see more advancement than IT.
Great Career starter.
Working at wyndham thought me a lot about professionalism, how to treat customers and being responsible. I would suggest studying about the company before working it.
Horrible management owner is heartless
Worst hotel employees to ever work with Newport Wyndham is a very disorganized hotel no respect for guests only worry that they have is making money off good people looking for a comfortable place to lay there head
Can be great if money isn't a concern
The work is easy to learn and do, but the pay is low. Chances are you're going to be understaffed and have to pick up shifts, and good luck calling in if you're sick.
Pros
Fun environment, meet lots of new people
Cons
Low pay, stressful
Great Place to work not much opportunity to move up
Enjoyed my time at the company and there are a lot of great people working for the company.

Tough place to move up unfortunately with a lot of movement.
Not the best place to work. Very unorganized, no team work. Management seems to be against and not
We use to be Sheraton. They lost their flag and became Wyndham. The rooms feel cold, the pool is always almost down, breakfast isn’t breakfast, housekeepers don’t clean right.
See below
Most unorganized Hotel property I have ever been involved with.
30 years experience in F&B Industry and by far the worst experience of my career. I have worked for 5 Star properties all my life. The turnover rate for this property is atrocious for executive positions as well as line positions at this property. I would not recommend this work environment for ANYONE.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wyndham Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.