Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

A Tropical Relaxed & Fun environment
Recreational Pool and Food Attendant (Former Employee) –  Río Grande Municipio, PRFebruary 25, 2018
The role related to guest services in the hotel industry. As a recreational attendants the responsibilities were to assist guests in the recreations areas of hotel. Pool, beach, sports facilities as well important outdoor events. Maintenance of these areas are also the responsibility of a recreational representative. The culture of the role was always fun and enjoyable climate permanently on display.
Pros
guest interactions
Cons
breaks
I was not happy
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAFebruary 21, 2018
Our checks was short and the manger was very rude. I would not recommend anybody to work there. There service is very poorly no good customer service. The hours where good and the pay most of the time.
Pros
nothing
productive
Houseman/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Newport Harbor, RIFebruary 2, 2018
I was a housemen working for long wharf in cleaning and maintaining the hotel at its best. Making customers as much comfortable as they can possibly get.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
laid back
Laundry Attendant (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJanuary 14, 2018
typical day at work would be to come in and cant clock in... have to get manager to clock you in.... easy work laundry and houseman... breakfast on some days
Pros
free smoke break
Cons
payment/ hours
gained lots of knowledge and became very organized
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 12, 2017
great atmosphere enjoyed going to work. Learned to cleaned meet new people different cultures. Had breakfast and lunch for us. Gave us the tools needed and trained us very well.
Pros
meet people, morning shifts, well groomed people
Cons
Guests can be really nasty sometimes
My review
Waterpark Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 30, 2017
My typical day at work is helping my manager with opening up the park and daily operating procedures. I've learned a lot about saving a persons life with the skills they taught us. I learned CPR, rescue breathing, AED trained, and first aid. The management at my work place are excellent leaders and helped me a lot to be the best supervisor I can be. The hardest part about my job is not getting enough hours lately. I'm looking for a franchise that could offer me more hours and a faster paced environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with happy customers and their kids.
Pros
free passes
Cons
short breaks
I worke the 11 to 7 overnight shift so I was alone in the laundry room every night
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 9, 2017
It was very quit & peaceful because I worked alone but I like being around people working with people but the job itself was ok just folding laundry all night
I love it
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 1, 2017
I go in, wash dishes and chay to my friendly co-workers. I have learned how to was dishes. I like the manager. It's a very nice culture. The hardest part is standing up. I love washing dishes.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
I don't know
micro management that led to bankruptsy
Corporate Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MASeptember 26, 2017
lived on property
constantly on call 4 consecutive months
micro managing Director of Sales
loud, shouting manager
stressful
lunch provided at nominal fee
Pros
lunch provided at nominal fee
Cons
few breaks
excellent place to work, but poor food and beverage management
Kitchen Supervisor/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 13, 2017
liked working here but management was poor. an old hotel that needs a lot of work. good kitchen equipment. average co-workers that doesn't mind lending a helping hand
Pros
free lunch, opportunities in other departments throughout the hotel
Cons
not much help, no breaks
Busy, productive, fun environment
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CASeptember 12, 2017
Working at the wyndham it was fun and also stressful. However, having a manager that always wants to motivate and push their employees to be excellent in customer service
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Holidays off/paid had to be drawn out of a hat
Quick-paced, friendly environment
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLAugust 24, 2017
Everyone is very friendly.
Serious emphasis on time.
Very picky on how things should be done and how they should look when you leave.
The shift is in the middle of the day making it slightly difficult to arrange a second job.
Pros
Work by yourself
Cons
Middle of the day
Independent and Productive workplace
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILAugust 22, 2017
I was able to grow independently with this company. Having to handle serious situations alone strengthened my skills to handle anything in the workplace. I was able to grow within the company and enjoyed the time and people I worked with.
Good hours
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 16, 2017
The work environment is defiantly a learn hands on and as you go they was only four days of training and it wasn't on the system at all.
The work conditions were not so great no AC in the whole hotel for almost two years and so many flies !!!!
Pros
Good hours
Cons
the pay for the work you do, managment, work enviroment
a Great place to work
Catering sales & Conference Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 14, 2017
If your Skilled individual you are valued and paid accordingly. I loved my time with this company. Unfortunately career advancement opportunities is why I left.
Pros
Value
Cons
Career advancement
great palce
Chef Pantry cook (Former Employee) –  Weston, FL 33326July 6, 2017
awesome place to work I enjoy using my skills as a prep cook doing fruit and salad presenations the chef was a awesome person he would always be supportive.
Can get slow.
FRONT DESK MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 29, 2017
Hotel jobs can be boring at times. After check ins it is common to work most of your shift with little to nothing to do and no management around when customers are demanding to speak with one. So you must be able to deal with stressful situations calmly.
Continued learning opportunities
SALES CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 21, 2017
productive and fun place to work. Management supportive. Continued learning opportunities. Family supportive organization. Good benefit program. Recommend .
Wyndham hotel and resorts
Acting General Manager (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ONJune 2, 2017
My daily functions, were to oversee the entire hotel, to make sure that it meet with the brand standards of Wyndham. To ensure that each and every guest walked in to our hotel with a smile and walked out with a smile and a look of satisfaction.

To review trip advisor and answer any questions or concerns the guest may have had, and to come to some solution to any problem that may have occurred during their stay.

To maintain a staff of 20+ people, work with budget, daily and monthly reports, work with excel, manage profit and lost, hire and firing off staff members, to secure a happy and safe environment for my staff and my guest.
Pros
got to work with an amazing staff, extremely talented General Manager who trained me to be the best i could be, to get to meet all kinds of people from all over the world
great place to work
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Río Grande, PRMay 31, 2017
good place to grow , work great location a lots of good thing to do for our guess, and good experience of costumer service and concierge service with around the resort
Pros
pro employee