Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Night Auditor at a Super 8
Front Desk Agent/Night Audit (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 30, 2018
As a first job at a young age, this isn't a bad role, but it's not sustainable after a while, especially if you're working 3pm-11pm twice a week and then 11pm-7am two other nights a week. The schedule is too inconsistent to have a work-life balance.
Pros
good tips, good management, nice people
Cons
inconsistent hours
fun workplace
Hostess/Server nicolinos restauraunt (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 9, 2018
the bosses were pretty respectful and nice, the other employees were pretty helpful and good as a team, the hardest part about this job? the weekends were very fast paced/busy. And i'd have to say , the most enjoyable part about this job was the team and bosses i got to work with. i learned how to be a server/waitress, i learned commutation skills with customers, and phone appointment experience/Receptionist, I learned how to work as a team. this job is where i got most of my experience, out of all the other jobs I've had, this has been by far the best one, best trainers/bosses. i highly recommend employment here.
Pros
free lunches and paid breaks
provide customer service
Hotel Clerk (Former Employee) –  santo domingoAugust 7, 2018
my characteristics relations with this work were wonderful come to know person wonderful personal totlmente well trained, and the acquired experience which never to forget
Pros
just 1
Cons
around 2
What a great place to work!
Guest Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Valley Forge, PAAugust 4, 2018
I loved working at Wyndham, it was the best working experience I have ever had. Wyndham always would take time to train and make sure every department had a cohesive team. Advancement was not hard if you are a hard worker. They would make sure training and safety was first.
Working at Wyndam Hotel & Resort
Front Desk Clerk & Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 27, 2018
Wyndam Hotel and Resort was an awesome place to work. Employees worked together and helped one another. Manager always on site for irritated customers or problems with people. However when place was not busy we had to sit in dinning room which I thought was unprofessional. We should of been able to sit in the back and work on items that needed to be done instead of sitting where we could be seen by guest and all people.
Pros
Manager on duty at all times.
Cons
No breaks, no lunch break, no way to leave the hotel if you wanted to.
Family oriented environment
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 27, 2018
This is a wonderful company to work for, it is always welcoming and very engaging with its employees and the community. Wyndham is fun and engaging company where you get to learn and grow, every day is a new day with different challenges and new faces.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Needs to value its employees
a typical day at work
General Manager, Wyndham Garden Paramaribo (Current Employee) –  Paramaribo, SurinameJuly 18, 2018
Walking through the lobby door as daylight emerges, I heads directly toward the front desk to check-in with the manager and clerks. Greetings are exchanged and then any issues from the previous night are addressed.

While most of the guests are still up in their rooms, I uses the quiet time to walk through the lobby and also the breakfast area and make sure it is ready when guests come down and are ready to start their day. The GM may tidy up a bit, straightening magazines and making sure the current day’s newspaper is available. I will make sure the lights are all turned on and the TVs are tuned to the right channels.

All of the time, while I walking around the lobby and other public areas of the hotel, I am interacting with employees and guests. Communication is a big part of the job and a friendly smile and some encouraging words puts everyone in a positive mood.

Early morning is also the time for meetings. The hotel GM tries to make time to attend meetings with the HOD’s. All of this usually gets done before 10:00 am, but that does not mean that the GM can slack-off the rest of the day.

The rest of the day is filled with responding to voice mail messages, reading and writing emails, masking phone calls, reviewing documents and checking key statistics, revenue management and hotel performance data.

After finding some time to grab lunch, I may do another tour of the property. I try to find time to check a few rooms for cleanliness, talk with staff members, and when the evening comes, I have an engaging conversation with hotel’s guest for a couple of hours.
Best Co-workers & much potenial to be reached
Front Desk Supervisor-Engineer(MaintenanceTech.) (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAJuly 5, 2018
My time at Wyndham has definitely been a ride. I walked on seeing & realizing the potential the hotel had right away. Being told that transferring departments and/or working in multiple departments was frowned upon did not stop my desire to grow & learn. Having said that I can proudly say I have 7 job titles under my belt. Due to crowded management & lack of evolving, I knew my time would come to an end. As an individual who is forever striving to improve myself, I am now confident & sure that my skillset that I have attained during my tenure at Wyndham can help me conquer any challenge that awaits me.
Pros
co-workers. Food. discounts
Cons
Lack of vision. Behind the times
fun place good work life balance
GDPR Solution Architect (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJune 28, 2018
good learning experience, great people, fun place and good work life balance.

People are very helpful and approachable.
Poor
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 11, 2018
Started out at 11.50 was promised 13.00 after 90 days after my 90 days I asked and my hours were cut. I asked again a month later abd was fired for no reason.
Pros
Made good friends
Cons
No member of managemnet was on the same page. Poor training.
Bosses
Banquet Captain/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 24, 2018
had great boss who taught me how to properly do job and invested time to show me what I needed to advance, was mentoring me until his departure. the executive chef I worked under was a great teacher as well. worked in kitchen first 9mos and then was divided in hours between kitchen and banquets until I was hired as banquet captain
Pros
department director and managers
Cons
pay/employee turn over
Guiar mucho campo asustada pero al final llegaba feliz a mi destino
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 22, 2018
Primer trabajo oficial Q tuve en los EE UU llevando con orgullo mi uniforme primer trabajo que me dan la experiencia de trabajar sin saber hablar ingles trate de hacer el mejor trabajo que pude siendo muda Le agradesco haver tenido una experiencia de trabajo sin saber hablar ingles y deje el trabajo por padeser persecucion
Cons
baños con escritos intimidantes paredes sucias
daily
Guest Service Supervisor/On Site Trainer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 21, 2018
Days were always different. Answering phone calls, checking in guest, and checking out. never had a set schedule or a set team. always different for each day.
Big hotel
Front Desk Associate and Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 21, 2018
Management could be replaced and hotel could be updated. But overall the pay and benefits are great and the work schedules aren't that bad. Great way to move up in the hospitality business
Great place to work for someone who is not me
Staff (Current Employee) –  Destin, FLMay 7, 2018
One of the managers was a real pain, but other than that management is excellent and I always felt like they had my comfort in mind. I worked in several different positions most weeks, which was good for getting a lot of experience, but for me personally it was sort of stressful and exhausting, particularly as I was required to spend more and more time in the restaurant as it got busier. And the difference between the off season and the on season is BIG. I didn't really care for getting my schedule late friday night every week, but that's a minor inconvenience. Really, besides that one manager, all my complaints about working here are purely personal priorities.
Pros
(mostly) great management, wonderful coworkers, overall good experience
Cons
Off season is completely dead while the on season is busy to the point of being stressful
Fun work place
Housekeeping/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMarch 19, 2018
very great company to work for. I enjoyed it.
Quick paced , keep you on your toes environment. Loved helping People and seeing a smile on their face everyday
A Tropical Relaxed & Fun environment
Recreational Pool and Food Attendant (Former Employee) –  Río Grande Municipio, PRFebruary 25, 2018
The role related to guest services in the hotel industry. As a recreational attendants the responsibilities were to assist guests in the recreations areas of hotel. Pool, beach, sports facilities as well important outdoor events. Maintenance of these areas are also the responsibility of a recreational representative. The culture of the role was always fun and enjoyable climate permanently on display.
Pros
guest interactions
Cons
breaks
I was not happy
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAFebruary 21, 2018
Our checks was short and the manger was very rude. I would not recommend anybody to work there. There service is very poorly no good customer service. The hours where good and the pay most of the time.
Pros
nothing
productive
Houseman/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Newport Harbor, RIFebruary 2, 2018
I was a housemen working for long wharf in cleaning and maintaining the hotel at its best. Making customers as much comfortable as they can possibly get.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
laid back
Laundry Attendant (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJanuary 14, 2018
typical day at work would be to come in and cant clock in... have to get manager to clock you in.... easy work laundry and houseman... breakfast on some days
Pros
free smoke break
Cons
payment/ hours