Wyndham Hotels & Resorts

Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work for.Count On Me culture.
I went to work each day with that count on me culture mentality and had that feeling that customers both internally and externally could count on a memorable, positive experience.
Good people, lack of structure.
I like working security at the Ramada by Wyndham Southfield. The staff are all nice and friendly. The only thing negative about the company is the lack of communication between management and employees, and the unstructured way that situations are carried out.
Completely Unprofessional
I was hired here and for 3 weeks have had to chase them down for information only to now be ignored. I never received any schedules after being told they were in desperate need of a bartender for the restaurant and for banquets. This is definitely not how a company is run and most certainly not successfully. I am disgusted by this companies behavior.
Good people
I enjoyed working at the Wyndham was a fair pay for the work that I did as a pleasant atmosphere professionalism was exceptional I would definitely work there again in the future.
Overall not a bad place to work
This company has great advancement opportunities. The hotel I was working for sis not offer insurance benefits so this made it difficult to stay. The owner is not in the state and this could make things very difficult depending on the situation. The owner is a kind and easy peraon to work for and will do what she can to make any kind of education for optimal job performance within your reach. I enjoy the diversity this job offers and the employees are hard workers with great spirit. The pay is not the greatest but if you are looking for the hours and the work you will definately find it at Wyndham
Pros
Commute, great people to work with/for, advancement opportunities, educational opportunities, flexability
Cons
Not the greatest pay, no benefits
Enjoy working at Wyndham
I enjoy working at Wyndham because I have coworkers that are the best and great team players. The work hours are flexible and they really care about the work/life balance
Interesting environment
Pretty cool place to work opportunity to move to different locations around town and work if you’re a go getter that likes talking to people this job is for you
I liked working wit them cuz they was easy to work with them but they had no form of guidance of doing things of working together
Sometimes the job was easy and fun but u would have people that never pay attention to da manager for any complaints of how they worked but the boss always listen to da staff wen they lie about me cuz they set up a plan to see me leave and quit but it was exciting to work I learned to never quit and give it ur best no matter wat keep ur head up and keep working as u always have.
Management needs an overhaul
So far I've worked at 2 different Wyndham hotels. The mining exchange Wyndham Grand Hotel in Colorado Springs, Colorado and most recently the Wingate by Wyndham. There seems to be an issue with management they hire on. They seem to lack experience, and don't seem to care about their eemployees
Pros
Discounted food, free breakfast, great coworkers
Cons
Management is poor, lack of morale
good workplace
cowerkers are great, culture is nice.
I am part of IT, so its same as any other IT workplace. Always busy and working. Projects keep on coming and you can keep on learning new things.
Busy and lucrative workplace with great emloyees.
This is a great place to work. The environment changes daily with a wide range of guests to meet. The travel and cost is getting to be alitle to much for me.
Poor Leadership
The GM makes side deals with third party vendors for self interest. They don’t take care of their staff. Management needs an overall change and corporate is not more involved like they should be on the property.
Great Hotel
Great place to work with great benefits and advancement is absolutely available. It is sometimes difficult finding the right applicants for the housekeeping department
Standard
The job consists of creating group invoices based on the sales contract and ensuring money is collected based on a deposit schedule. Furthermore you will be responsible for keeping the wholesale accounts organized and current.
Work elsewhere
There is not much to say about this employer. I am a person that does not like to say negative things. I only Work here to get away from another job. Work here as a last resort.
Worst Management
Management would make excuses for others who would lie steal and disrespect not only other employees but also guests. There was racisism within the work place and could and was visible to the guests. Pay could have been better for your worth and the comparisons of the same job at other locations within the Corperation.
management has no consept of how a restaurant works.
the management changes policies and how to do jobs over the phone from his office. They hardly ever come into Café to see day to day activities, when they do it's for like 5 mins and then go back to their office and call supervisor to change procedures. Then the scheduling is horrible, one week we work four to five days then next week we work two or three, it's never consistent.
Overall a good company to work for.
Overall the company was good. They sent me on Taskforce 2 times to a Resort in Puerto Rico which was awesome. The Leadership did a good job and had to raise the pay due to a hotel opening down the street. They should have done that a while ago however.
Pros
1.00 lunches, good heathcare prices
Cons
Not a lot of movement in management.
Perverted team lead
My team lead whispered to me that he would like to grope my personal areas. When asked about the incident he denied everything but still continued to whisper profanities to me.
A place learn
Working in the hospitality industry gives you customer service experience you can take with you to whatever industry your ultimate career choice will end up being.
Great management/ Best teams co-workers
Best management, best team I have never had, regardless with very low pay. Just happy to go in to work just to see all of the staffs including management team. I don't know if it all Wyndham are the same. But Windham at Lake Buena Vista to me is the best.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wyndham Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.