Wyndham Hotels & Resorts

Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work for.Count On Me culture.
I went to work each day with that count on me culture mentality and had that feeling that customers both internally and externally could count on a memorable, positive experience.
Not as expected
Was not at all what I expected! Your experience at Wyndham is heavily dependent on the department that you work in. Unfortunately, the area I worked in didn't adhere to Wyndham's core values. This is huge understatement!! The landscape at Wyndham has changed dramatically over the years its OUT with the OLD, IN with the NEW.
Good job
It’s a good job for anyone looking for quick money or first time job. I’m ready to do bigger things with my life. I will be graduating from school in the next couple years and I want to start getting experience elsewhere.
Very professional and accommodating for guests.
This job helped to gain a sense of professionalism as an agent and taught me new skills as a hotel operator. Although wages were lacking here it was a stable job for the most part.
If I could give Negative stars I would.
Working for this hotel can be your worst nightmare. Your job is not just your job you have to do other peoples job even if it’s not stated on YOUR job description. It goes from including housekeeping to some maintenance work to even doing the managers job because well management is basically never there. They are not even concerned about you as a person. Another thing is that they pay less than what you deserve.
Pros
Co-workers make it tolerable and some long term guests.
Cons
Absolutely everything else
Always smiling
Always good vibes. Positive feedback, help you achieve. Just have to work hard to get a tour for timeshare. Managers always answer questions to improve yourself.
Management always takes to heart its employees and strives to develop employees to reach their full potentials. There is always the support you need as an individual to grow
Productive Fun Workplace with amazing people
typical day at work
what I learned

management

workplace culture

the hardest part of the job

the most enjoyable part of the job

Im only typing random words at this point because im being forced to do this
N/a
It was a nice hotel and great staff just the management group that took over really didn't invest enough in the property to take the property to another level.
Still stuck on doing things "La Quinta Way" - doesn't matter that "Wyndham Way" is who signs the paycheck
Front desk manager while having years of experience in industry, had challenges of keeping calm when "things" happen, Would give verbal beat downs to employees and guests out in the open, constant "don't let that happen again" yet was NOT example to follow. conveniently, regardless of which shift I worked, "This" task was always my responsibility, trainee's continuously trained by same 2 managers, set up for failure, not disciplined, "call if need anything" is a joke, either don't answer phone, don't call back or give zero assistance. Overbooked - too bad, figure it out, no one is going to help you. Constantly cannot get correct passdown from previous shift, too busy on their phones (entire shift I'm told) and have cars at front entry, running, and as you walk in the door, they are already clocked out and pass you in the foyer. 100 % pet friendly is wonderful, until you have guests that are highly allergic to pet dander, etc and there isn't a single room that is designated "no pet" to accomodate them. Lots of stress and headache (and butt chewing) from guests that could have been so easily avoided. Shift schedule changes to meet convenience, without asking, and fill in shifts without notifying you so now, your NO CALL NO SHOW. When submit PROOF - General Manager replies "I have confidence you were scheduled". General Manager - gone more than present, "Operations Manager" (Created title) runs the place and isn't skilled to do so, Housekeeping & Laundry is amazing & puts up with so much more than necessary (Hello, hire more people) Utility person never exists and duties - more...
I learn that , that job was very Unprofessional
I rather work where everyone work as a crew , they Don’t work as a crew it’s favoritism , treat people differently, they only trained me 2 days when it was suppose to be 5 ms.yumeka is very Unprofessional & not a good manager to the crew .
Bad and good
The bad is finding the HORRIBLE THINGS IN THE ROOMS ! But the good TOPS IT ALL ! The guests are just wonderful smiling faces. I love making our rooms look GREAT for them when they arrive.
Mediocre
we always run out of things and people keep quitting so guests services aren’t good. lowest pay and benefits of the major companies. Management is lost. Good employees to work with and some cool parties
Hi
The hotel over work to death u got old people working over there if u are young they will over work you don’t trust those people they are bunch liars don’t work there
Low pay
Low chance of advancement, low raises, especially considering minimum wage increases have not included comparable raises to skilled workers. Basically, I'm losing pay yearly as everything goes up but I'm not seeing dollar annual raises like entry level workers.
Costumer service
Front desk agent are the 1st defense to the hotel while maintaining guest happiness. Chatting it up with all guest while maintaining work flow. Organization and cleanliness
Hello
The job is very good people that come
To the the hotel is nice we get paid good the hours after good long as I work around people that have good energy then am good
Na
Growing organization with operations globally. Both Franchised and Management business models. Mid Scale hotel footprint. Primarily franchised company.
It’s alright, not the best.
It’s an okay place, needs a lot of work, and everything in the building needs to be redone, it needs a makeover. New everything honestly. And the employees need a raise lol
Somewhat good
It was a ok job I didn't like though I made one mistake they let me go. People were rude and obnoxious. I did a lot of cleaning dishes a lot of scrubbing the tubs
Amazing Leader
Loved the time I spent with this company. They say you never leave a company you leave your leader however that is not the case. I had an amazing leader!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wyndham Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.