Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Strandard hotel position with caring staff, management
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Durango, COFebruary 3, 2019
Typical hotel duties with minimum stress (apart from accommodating tour buses in the summer). When I was there, had the pleasure of working with friendly, caring staff members.
Pros
Standard front-desk work
Cons
Low pay, late shifts
no comment
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 30, 2019
it was okay. the work environment isn't all that great. the overall experience wasn't that great either. I wouldn't recommend anybody working there....
Productive and safe working place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 28, 2019
I would like to start off by saying Wyndham Hotel and Resorts is the best I have ever experienced.it's always clean and organized the Staffing are very professional and genuine to their customers.
Pros
Free Lunch for employees
Cons
Short Breaks
Professional
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJanuary 23, 2019
Mission oriented good management consistently helped train and coach employees. Good energy and vibes. Made many friends there as they did a good of hiring right.
Pros
Good spiffs
Cons
Worked weekends
Cut-throat
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 19, 2019
To many friends working with and for friends.The most enjoyable part of my job was the co-wokers. They showed up everyday willing and ready to work regardless of the unfair treatment and unfair wages
Pros
Co-worker became like family
Cons
Poor management
Great company great benefits great ppl
Line Cook/Prep Cook/banquet cook (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 5, 2019
We r union, we get a guaranteed raise every year ,with no cap!!! we get a weeks paid vacation every 4 weeks .we eat for free we get no less then 8 hrs a day. we get a pension..with great insurance for only $80 a month and we make more then double minimum wage just to start ..we have a locker room with showers and clean uniforms ready when we get to work
and we get paid every week and anything over 8 hrs a day is over time BEST job ever !!!!...gonna retire from the Wyndham Grand ...if u we're smart u would join me .
Pros
They take care of you
Cons
Work schedule changes week to week
Great Hotel
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 26, 2018
I really loved working at this hotel. Management changed and the work culture was not the same. Previous management was very focused on the success of the hotel, managers and staff in every department. He was focused on the success of everyone who worked with him, and the success of the hotel.
Pros
convenient location
Cons
poor management
Productive and fun working place with good colleagues
Room Attendant/Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  DohaDecember 25, 2018
Recruiting the enough staff as per the work in demand is compulsory because other staff should not get burden on them. It even spoils the mood of person and he will not be able to give good service to the guests. It is one of the major cons to the business of the hotel
Pros
Good colleague, place to work
Cons
Long hours, less staff
Productive workplace
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Newport, RIDecember 19, 2018
I loved working at wyndham and i looked forward to going to work everyday. I was excited about the job. I resigned from my position because I was unhappy with my supervisor and his lack of care in handling matters and how he took everything so personal.
Extremely poor management
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXDecember 15, 2018
The management here is the worst I've ever seen. The rooftop supervisor shows blatant favoritism and flirts with/harasses every female employee that works there... unacceptable. Management blames the crew for their mistakes, steals from cash tips, is consistently late to work, lacks basic problem resolving skills, and are in general highly unprofessional. Deplorable work environment.
Enjoyed working for and with the guests
Building Engineer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MODecember 12, 2018
Helping and serving the guests was rewarding. Setting a very high standard for excellence in quality of room condition ,common areas, grounds and pool .
Pros
Working with and around people
Cons
Pay, benifits
I enjoyed my Career
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Grayson, KYDecember 12, 2018
I enjoyed working for Wyndham very much I have no problems complaints or concerns to report about this company. You ask for a review that's fine but to force so many words??
Not Impressed
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 8, 2018
Always understaffed. Poor communication between departments. The hotel has a long way to go. Great supervisors; managers- not so much. There are some great people working there to make it more enjoyable, but it can be extremely stressful when managers are less than helpful, not on time, or just impossible to communicate with.
Pros
Benefits, Great People, Free meals
Cons
Poor Management, Lack of communication, Stressful
Highly knowledgeable staff and great company to work with .
Operations Analyst Consultant (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJNovember 29, 2018
Great place to work. Had a wonderful experience working . Gained very good knowledge about the work. The staff was extremely helpful and cooperative. Got a very good exposure of the cooperate life
Fun place
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 28, 2018
Hospitality is ALWAYS a great industry to meet people from all over the world. This company is a great example of that. Being that it’s new my locale is “finding its feet” managerial which leaves at time substantial “holes” in staff development.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
No development or opportunity for growth
Work conditions
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  West Liberty, KYNovember 28, 2018
No protocols or procedures followed ! What is good for some ...not for all ! I would like for someone from corporate to contact me ! Hostile work environment !ASAP
Fun working environment
Houseman/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Southbury, CTNovember 28, 2018
Nice place to work, great place to meet new people and pick up new job skills. Hard to move up and management wasn’t great, but I would definitely recommend this work place.
Good people on staff but high level managers not great
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jupiter FloridaNovember 9, 2018
The Wyndham hires great staff but their executive council is condescending and unorganized. They don’t trust the people they have hired to do their jobs well and are constantly working to train new people due to turnover. They don’t promote managers from within which makes employees angry and makes them leave. They don’t pay great and they are stingy on raises and will call you in later for your shift if you’re about to get overtime so that the top managers can get a bonus for not giving out overtime.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Disorganized management, do not promote from within
Hotel Technology Client Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBNovember 6, 2018
Friendly atmosphere, great people to work for and great benefits. Working on the tech support end of things was enjoyable. Fun events are planned almost every month.
Aweful
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 4, 2018
Was poorly run. Incompetent people. Favoritism was shown. Customer service to guests was non-existent. Management was ungrateful. People were set up when management made mistakes.
Pros
Co-workers