Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Director of Food and Beverage (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 19, 2015
Great place to work. Good benefits, and tremendous room for growth. From a management perspective, I would probably increase the level of resources available for all departments on the sitewide portal
Friendly and fun place to work with amazing benefits.
RESERVATIONS OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDNovember 13, 2015
Wyndham is a great place to work. They offer exceptional benefits package. The people are awesome to work with. Everyday you walk in you see people smiling. Management is very understanding and easy to talk to. If you do the job as you were trained you will succeed.
Pros
Discounted hotel rooms, amazing benefits, local discounts, wonderful opportunities to succeed in the company
Productive and fun working environment.
Complex Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 30, 2015
Hospitality, fun and a board range of expertise among the management team. The associates are loyal and long term employees.
Pros
Free Parking and Dry Cleaning
Cons
Redmodel and restructure.
Great Company
Field Marketing (Current Employee) –  Destin, FloridaJune 28, 2015
Multiple job locations so it doesn't get old. Learn to deal with every kind of person. The co-workers are great, fun and friendly! It is hard getting turned down often, but very rewarding when you do it correctly.
Pros
Money
Cons
Work Holidays and Weekends
Hard work, but easy
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VaOctober 21, 2014
Housekeeping is similar from hotel to hotel. I like interacting with guests and being told thank you. Even though it doesn't happen often, I like being told that in doing a good job.
Pros
Working alone
Cons
No Benefits. Back Breaking work.
Great group of people to work with. Helped me get to where I am today.
Food & Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  241 36th St. Manhattan NYOctober 18, 2014
First Hotel job. Thought me everything I know today. Great enviornment and awesome staff.
Pros
Great People to work with
Cons
Off seasons
Great Company, Great job.
International Travel Agent & Corporate Travel (Former Employee) –  Corporate Centre, BundallAugust 15, 2014
Being a Travel Agent in a call centre environment is challenging, so it's not for everyone. Being constantly pressured to answer phone calls when you're trying to finalise long and complicated itineraries means that you spend a lot of time before and after work just keeping up. That said - in today's environment and in a job where you earn a commission bonus, having plenty of opportunity to make money is still a plus.

Management were great - they did understand the pressure we were under, and did what they could to assist when required. Co-workers were excellent, and the general feel amongst the team and the other teams in the same office were good.

Being in a corporate head office is still better than being in a face to face retail store setting, and if I were to return to the city I'd rather work for them than anyone else. Be prepared to work hard to reach your targets,but you'll enjoy the job.
Pros
Great team, friendly environment, comfortable work area, no shortage of clients
Cons
Worked a lot of extra time to keep up with workload.
ok place to work.
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach FL 33441July 23, 2014
Typical day is busy. detail cleaning was what i learned to do. Great management at times. Fun coworkers. Not being hot was the hardest part of the job cause it was always busy. Smiling was the best part of my job.
Good
Front Desk Supervisor - Hospitality (Former Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJApril 4, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
Growth
Cons
No lunch
micro managed, terrible work-life balance
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 2, 2014
micro managed, terrible work-life balance, bad management
Fun and Exciting Corportation
PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  Princeville, HIDecember 26, 2013
Answer incoming calls and direct them to the correct location within the property.
Page hotel guest, within the building as needed.
Arrange and performs wake up calls personally and any special services as requested by the guest.
Performs any other related duties as assigned.
Fun workplace however not enough employees.
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJMay 7, 2013
There are not really any typical days in the hospitality industry, each day is different, I enjoy dealing with guest and employees alike. The most difficult part of my job is lack of employees, the most enjoyable is to work with co-workers hand and hand.
Pros
People and owners
Cons
Benefits and advancement
great people to work with, fast past work
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 21, 2013
fast past serving in banquet halls. always had to dress nice and be respectful
Pros
hotel discounts and good pay
Cons
fast past
Good co-workers, fun job.
Overnight Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJMarch 24, 2013
Job, not a career of choice. Not a great paying industry, but good place to meet a lot of different people.
fun place to work/like bining a draver
Van Driver/Doorman/Valet Parking (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 28, 2013
i was a van driver also valet got to meet great people /great managers
Pros
free lunch our dinner
Team-Oriented Workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 8, 2012
I enjoyed working at the restaurant in the Wyndham very much. It was very team-oriented and we all got along well. I met many new people staying as guests in the hotel and got to learn a bit more about other cultures. The only downside to this job was that while I enjoyed the work well enough, it was very simple and offered no challenge.
Lively and fun place to work.
Night Auditor/Manager/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 30, 2012
Typical day at work: Greeted and checked guest in and out of the hotel, answered phones and transferred incoming and room to room calls, managed hotel and night staff, audited transactions for the day, balanced credit cards and reset system for the next day made sure all accounts were paid and settled for events and upcoming events. That is were I learned excellent customer service. Management there was very good always helpful making sure I had everything I needed to move up there as I did. My co-workers as a line employee and a manager were great we always had a lot of fun. The hardest part of my job there was having to deal with the customers when we didn’t have a room for them, they were pretty angry to say the least, but I managed to always work it out. The most enjoyable part of my job there was again the customers; it was a corporate hotel so we become very familiar with our customers.
Pros
i was able to meet people from all walks of life.
Cons
not having rooms for people
Beach fun & work.
Pool Attendant (Former Employee) –  Rio Grande, PRApril 23, 2012
Mostly sunny, a lot of guest wanting hotel directions and fun conversations with us (employees) about fun in Puerto Rico.
Pros
good lunch
Cons
short breaks