Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

flexible schedule
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 15, 2019
La Quinta works with your schedule if you're going to school part-time or have children. The difficulty comes with dealing with customers who are rude or ignorant. The saying "the customer is always right" is not correct. Customers treat front desk disrespectful and the management does not support the front desk agents.
Best work experience
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAAugust 15, 2019
Working with Wyndham really helped me get the fast pace down. Showing me how to talk to guests and be presentable while also being fast paced. The hours were good, work was slightly difficult at first. But the fellow workers helped.
Pros
Hours
Cons
The pay for the work
they had a fast-paced and great environment
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLJuly 31, 2019
I loved working at Wyndham, its a good place to get a job and be right at home. The only thing i hated was being around people that talk about you a lot, and didn't tell you what you were doing wrong.
Great Place to Intern!
Tax Return Intern (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJuly 30, 2019
Wyndham was an amazing outlet to have and allowed me to feel confident in my future. Working for Wyndham gave me the opportunity me to see and complete work that a tax worker would do daily and showed me what a corporate day was like. No other place would have trusted me enough to complete work a regular tax worker would have completed, and the mantra of "hands on experience" is strongly followed here. Definitely recommend to anyone with an Accounting or Finance Major.
It’s work
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAJuly 29, 2019
No place for advancement the hours suck u cnt get ahead with the management in place there the hours really suck not enough staff can’t get over time no raises no bonus
opotunidades de crecer, alimentacion
Supervisor de housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Phoenix ArizonaJuly 28, 2019
una empresa abierta a cualquier nacionalidad, te proporciona herramientas para crecer,
A lesson learned
Guest Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 26, 2019
Wyndham Hotel in Irvine was a confusing and dysfunctional place to work. I did not enjoy any aspect of this work environment over all. Please choose wisely when discerning to work here.
Good people
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 21, 2019
I met with a lot of goal oriented. They could use a little more help in management and with communication. The workplace is small but private. Can work in peace but they need to update their computer software and internet system.
Productive and very fun fast paced on weekends
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJuly 21, 2019
It was wonderful working there very stressed though. I liked the training and hours also like the staff and pay rate. The raises were very good and welcoming.
Pros
Pay Rate
Cons
One break
The job was great.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 6, 2019
Working at the Wyndham Hotel was a great place to work ok work, my coworkers was great to to work around and just by being in the kitchen always make me fill like I am at Home because Cooking is what I really love to do.
Fun place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 2, 2019
once we got new supervisors everything went bad from appreciation to not appreciating your employees to being professional to NOT PROFESSIONAL AT ALL!!
Stressful and lack of knowledge from anyone
Front office (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 25, 2019
Good luck getting support from coworkers since nobody knows anything. Always mentions cross training, but the people who should know, have no idea. Always blaming you for not knowing, when you should have been trained, but they cut training period due to "budgets".
Poor Managment
Inspector/supervisor (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJune 23, 2019
Worked in the housekeeping dept. All housekeepers including the supervisor lie about thier finish time, they take property left behind by guest and stand around to gossip and be on their phones. When they are told to get back to work or told to clock out instead of hiding in rooms they turn to Bertha the supervisor who lies for them. Managementwas told about this many times but they dont care due to the fact they are there for the money Only.
Don't recommend
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 21, 2019
I've never been depressed coming to work until I started working here. Honestly, just run. There's nothing here but drama, bias and favoritism with a "don't get paid enough to deal with this" bow on top
Pros
Free lunch, meet new people, full-time
Cons
Drama, low pay, lack of management, lack of communication, favoritism, unfairness
ok work place
Admin Manager (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTJune 21, 2019
the company is just ok but the co workers are fun and you will learn a lot working at this company
good to get some work experience but the pay is not great
I wouldn’t go back
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 17, 2019
Very rude and annoying. Nothing is organized. Manager talks to you disrespectfully and cares nothing about compromising. Rude dispatcher and delivery of lien is always late
Great Experience!
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COJune 8, 2019
I have had a great experience with WHR. 5+ years have been great with lots of challenges and some great rewards. My only concern is their desire to follow than to lead at times. Instead of paying "competitively", pay generously and get the best talent.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Compensation lag for the area
Great company
Sr. Tax Analyst (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJune 6, 2019
Wonderful company great team spirit. Offers many opportunities for advancement and or training. Ability to travel amazing discounts. Free gym on site and nurse on site as well offering wellness programs to benefit all employees.
Pros
Free gym and health classes
Coll place to work
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 5, 2019
I enjoyed myself when I worked to Wyndham the work is not hard you can get burnt out really quick if you are no use to that king of work. Overall wyndham was a great place to work!
It’s a good company to work for.
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COJune 5, 2019
I Like Wyndham Companies But Some Motels Are Not Very Fair When It Comes To Hiring New Workers. The One I Work At Is Very Strict On Who They Hire For Housekeeping.