Wyndham Hotels & Resorts

Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Worked for LaQuinta who was then taken over by Wyndham. Promise of the same culture and Sales Team. But in the end as always jobs were eliminated everywhere and culture was not the same.
Pros
Work From Home
Cons
Job Security
I personally have had a great experience being a houseman at Wyndham. The work of course had some difficulty but was easy nonetheless. I can do the heavy lifting for the job and actually enjoyed the work.
Pros
Finish your work on your time
Cons
Overnight long hours, waiting for linen.
I worked at an independently owned property that was part of Wyndham. The owners were insane and racist. They pay the lowest of any job I’ve ever had.
Pros
Easy job, great guests
Cons
Low pay, no chance for promotion, crazy owners, dirty facility
Discrimination on all accords. No advancement for people of color. You will bullied into your schedule and the moment you disagree or have a personal while being a person of color, YOU WILL BE TERMINATED
Pros
Paycheck helps cover some monthly bills
Cons
Racist, Unprofessional, Poor pay, No personal time
Management SUCKS! The wages barely pay the bills and if the hotel season is at its height be prepared to work until 6:30pm with little to NO breaks. If you have a problem with a coworker or more likely a manager basically keep it to yourself because HR won’t do anything thing about it. Straight up they have a whole BINDER of complaints for the Housekeeping department and nothing changes .
Pros
Cool people mostly
Cons
Managers suck and HR doesn’t care
Wyndham is a good job but not a career. If you do really well at your job management will not promote you. I have university degrees and applied for management multiple times but was declined because they said they have no one to replace me and that they need someone reliable in this position.
Pros
Good people, amazing community
Cons
Mediocre class management, chance for advancement is Slim
Always learning, am always given the right tools to succeed. The only issue is that i do need to work at night quite a lot during the week. Some weekends i do get emails/phone calls that I must respond to.
Everything needs work and attention
I use to enjoy working at this hotel but it’s been so hard and difficult dealing with some of the faculty and co workers

They were dirty, the rooms were filled with bed bugs and the ones who worked the laundry had to strip the beds for then and then start the laundry when finished stripping
Management has no money for a raise and always saying that they are in a hole. They are all lying to the employees and GM gets a higher bonus every year.
Pros
low pay
Cons
low pay
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Wyndham Hotels & Resorts?
Company has potential to be GREAT, but lacks in some areas. Wyndham has a great employee appreciation culture, and tons of community outreach programs - which makes you happy to go to work. Their corporate offices/amenities are pretty cool. Count on Me program provides spot award/recognition for going above & beyond. The compensation is ok. Although the “Corporate Culture” is very inclusive, that doesn’t trickle down to all departments. The motto I’ve repeatedly around the office was “Fake it til you make it!” and it seems to work because there are plenty of people in management roles that are grossly under qualified and as a result, they micromanage their employees. No stability/job security as they are constantly reorganizing/restructuring.
Pros
Corp Office facilities, Count on Me, Perks Program, Employee Appreciation functions
Cons
Under Qualified Managers, Favoritism
Very keen about their employees at Wyndham Hotels and Resorts , fast growing company in all segments at Gulf Region. Professional and Supportive GSO Team !
Working in Hospitality requires you to be flexible. Great people to work with. Family oriented staff. Management is very approachable and knowledgeable about the property as a whole.
More physically challenging than mentally, but dealing with people at events we setup was sometimes difficult/annoying, hours can be long but good people were there to help me get into things.
You have to work very hard to please the manager of you are
Lots of training and development to improve employee career, work life balance benefits provided. Management is very organize and innovative. A very good environment to work.
Pros
Great perks
Cons
Longer days during month end closing
My job is ending June 1 I hope to be called back in the future. I imagined I would retire at a Wyndham. I enjoy the interaction with hotels, staff and my team mates.
This is the best job I've ever had. I love working for the Wyndham Hotel. I have learned and grown so much here. I look forward to learning and achieving more
I enjoyed my time there. Upward mobility seemed to be challenge without a clear trajectory on how to move forward. Also, job security seemed to be a bit lacking.
You could depend on our team to be at work on time, checking guests in and out, accomadating tdd hief needs, the love and friendliness was just overwhelming. The opportunities for move up are always available. The management team, owners, and staff went above and beyond the job d ed description no matter what
I enjoyed working with Wyndham
Great opportunity for growth

I strongly recommend this company especially if you’re looking for a company you can grow with
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wyndham Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.