Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Great company
Sr. Tax Analyst (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJune 6, 2019
Wonderful company great team spirit. Offers many opportunities for advancement and or training. Ability to travel amazing discounts. Free gym on site and nurse on site as well offering wellness programs to benefit all employees.
Pros
Free gym and health classes
Coll place to work
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 5, 2019
I enjoyed myself when I worked to Wyndham the work is not hard you can get burnt out really quick if you are no use to that king of work. Overall wyndham was a great place to work!
It’s a good company to work for.
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COJune 5, 2019
I Like Wyndham Companies But Some Motels Are Not Very Fair When It Comes To Hiring New Workers. The One I Work At Is Very Strict On Who They Hire For Housekeeping.
hard work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Kitty Hawk, NCJune 4, 2019
they expect to much out of one person for all that has to be done they do not help you and i will not ever recommend anyone to work for this company blah
cool , lay back place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMay 16, 2019
it was lay back smooth lovable place to work great people that would work wit you no-matter what you going threw hours was not that long but your learn to work with it
nice people, good culture
Senior Manager, Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMay 12, 2019
good onsite benefits (gym, cafe, starbucks, laundry, bank), there is room for career advancement, good culture, friendly people, hotel perks are not that great
Integridad y profecionalismo
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMay 4, 2019
They traing you to be a profesional lider. I'll give a 200 of 100.Very thankful.
Reservation Agent (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBApril 24, 2019
Management very courteous and helpful. If you need anything someone is always there to guide you in the right direction. Your always busy. Good people to work for.
Competitive
Concierge Marketing Agent (Former Employee) –  Kailua-Kona, HIApril 22, 2019
Wyndham was a new experience to a competitive market and level of customer relations. Enjoyable experience meeting new people on daily basis and helping them make the most of their vacation
Benefits
hotel
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 15, 2019
They are very similar to any other hotel - same experiences. They do require sales people to punch and work a minimum of 55 hours per week. Nice hotel.
Pros
Pay
Cons
healthcare
Always Change
Employee (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJApril 10, 2019
you will always face change and unstable environment
focus is on room growth but more customers are leaving than joining, its a constant internal struggle
The only good thing - Easy to Balance Life and Work
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALApril 9, 2019
This was a very draining job with very unprofessional management. Management was overbearing, they refused to pay me for overtime, they made me raise the rates for richer looking people and lower them for "poorer" people. I was told to lie about our rooms, rates, and overall facilities to get people to stay. Management made me do jobs that weren't required by me in my job description just because they didn't want to "waste money" on a maintenance man. When I told them I wasn't comfortable doing certain jobs (electrical work, climbing, and standing up to "unruly" guests, they threatened to fire me. I was told to call the cops only as a last resort because they didn't want their establishment to look bad. I was yelled at multiple times for contacting management about violent guests because it wasn't a serious issue. When I left this establishment, I needed to get work info for government assistance, they refused to sign any paperwork because they said "If they really needed anything from us, they would fax us something. Until then, don't contact us again." All of this to say, that this was the worst work management I've ever had to deal with.
Pros
Easy work, easy balance of life
Cons
Good until change of leadership
Conference Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Midland, MIApril 8, 2019
First team leader was a trusting let you go do things for yourself and be your friend as well as your leader type. but after he left and the second team leader took over, he kept people on a tight leash and micromanaged people on every step you take and criticized every move you made by yourself and management enabled it.
overall fun environment while still being professional
Dishwasher/Bar-back/Banquet Set-Up (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAMarch 28, 2019
clear piles of dirty dishes til all are gone usually takes about 1 hour then clean dish machine thoroughly for smooth sailing for rest of the day unless there is big banquet parties which differentiate from about 50-1000 not including customers at bar and restaurant
Great place, awesome people
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 25, 2019
I learned a lot of new things, advanced in a lot of new skills, helped me become a better multitasker, dealt a lot with customer service and tending to clients needs and I met various people. It was overall a pleasant experience
Excellent work place
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMarch 25, 2019
Happy people who enjoy the work great place to work staff was very good to work with managers were helpful and very interested in your well being guests are always happy to see you and will remember you from year to year good time s
Pros
Easy going people who enjoy each other's company
Cons
Good company, but limited advancement opportunities
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMarch 20, 2019
Good company and culture that provides opportunities for training, but limited opportunities for advancement and management doesn't recognize achievements.
The worst management Ive ever seen
Guest Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 10, 2019
The HR department are supposed to be for the employees, however they were more so for management. They hardly ever hired internally, rather hire someone who is not qualified from outside. Management were a bunch of drunks who drank for happy hour and came back to work. HR didn't know how to handle conflict properly. Also there's NO training and opportunities for career growth and advancement.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
You have to pay $44 per month for parking, the food sucks
Nice place to be with
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  House keepingFebruary 19, 2019
Work as team to achieve organizational goal, knowing that is not only about us but our guest, putting smiles on there faces an making then feel at home when ever they are with us.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Strandard hotel position with caring staff, management
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Durango, COFebruary 3, 2019
Typical hotel duties with minimum stress (apart from accommodating tour buses in the summer). When I was there, had the pleasure of working with friendly, caring staff members.
Pros
Standard front-desk work
Cons
Low pay, late shifts