Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

The job was great.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 6, 2019
Working at the Wyndham Hotel was a great place to work ok work, my coworkers was great to to work around and just by being in the kitchen always make me fill like I am at Home because Cooking is what I really love to do.
Fun place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 2, 2019
once we got new supervisors everything went bad from appreciation to not appreciating your employees to being professional to NOT PROFESSIONAL AT ALL!!
Stressful and lack of knowledge from anyone
Front office (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 25, 2019
Good luck getting support from coworkers since nobody knows anything. Always mentions cross training, but the people who should know, have no idea. Always blaming you for not knowing, when you should have been trained, but they cut training period due to "budgets".
Don't recommend
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 21, 2019
I've never been depressed coming to work until I started working here. Honestly, just run. There's nothing here but drama, bias and favoritism with a "don't get paid enough to deal with this" bow on top
Pros
Free lunch, meet new people, full-time
Cons
Drama, low pay, lack of management, lack of communication, favoritism, unfairness
ok work place
Admin Manager (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTJune 21, 2019
the company is just ok but the co workers are fun and you will learn a lot working at this company
good to get some work experience but the pay is not great
I wouldn’t go back
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 17, 2019
Very rude and annoying. Nothing is organized. Manager talks to you disrespectfully and cares nothing about compromising. Rude dispatcher and delivery of lien is always late
Great Experience!
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COJune 8, 2019
I have had a great experience with WHR. 5+ years have been great with lots of challenges and some great rewards. My only concern is their desire to follow than to lead at times. Instead of paying "competitively", pay generously and get the best talent.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Compensation lag for the area
Great company
Sr. Tax Analyst (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJune 6, 2019
Wonderful company great team spirit. Offers many opportunities for advancement and or training. Ability to travel amazing discounts. Free gym on site and nurse on site as well offering wellness programs to benefit all employees.
Pros
Free gym and health classes
Coll place to work
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 5, 2019
I enjoyed myself when I worked to Wyndham the work is not hard you can get burnt out really quick if you are no use to that king of work. Overall wyndham was a great place to work!
It’s a good company to work for.
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COJune 5, 2019
I Like Wyndham Companies But Some Motels Are Not Very Fair When It Comes To Hiring New Workers. The One I Work At Is Very Strict On Who They Hire For Housekeeping.
hard work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Kitty Hawk, NCJune 4, 2019
they expect to much out of one person for all that has to be done they do not help you and i will not ever recommend anyone to work for this company blah
cool , lay back place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMay 16, 2019
it was lay back smooth lovable place to work great people that would work wit you no-matter what you going threw hours was not that long but your learn to work with it
nice people, good culture
Senior Manager, Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMay 12, 2019
good onsite benefits (gym, cafe, starbucks, laundry, bank), there is room for career advancement, good culture, friendly people, hotel perks are not that great
Integridad y profecionalismo
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMay 4, 2019
They traing you to be a profesional lider. I'll give a 200 of 100.Very thankful.
Reservation Agent (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBApril 24, 2019
Management very courteous and helpful. If you need anything someone is always there to guide you in the right direction. Your always busy. Good people to work for.
Competitive
Concierge Marketing Agent (Former Employee) –  Kailua-Kona, HIApril 22, 2019
Wyndham was a new experience to a competitive market and level of customer relations. Enjoyable experience meeting new people on daily basis and helping them make the most of their vacation
Benefits
hotel
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 15, 2019
They are very similar to any other hotel - same experiences. They do require sales people to punch and work a minimum of 55 hours per week. Nice hotel.
Pros
Pay
Cons
healthcare
Always Change
Employee (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJApril 10, 2019
you will always face change and unstable environment
focus is on room growth but more customers are leaving than joining, its a constant internal struggle
The only good thing - Easy to Balance Life and Work
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALApril 9, 2019
This was a very draining job with very unprofessional management. Management was overbearing, they refused to pay me for overtime, they made me raise the rates for richer looking people and lower them for "poorer" people. I was told to lie about our rooms, rates, and overall facilities to get people to stay. Management made me do jobs that weren't required by me in my job description just because they didn't want to "waste money" on a maintenance man. When I told them I wasn't comfortable doing certain jobs (electrical work, climbing, and standing up to "unruly" guests, they threatened to fire me. I was told to call the cops only as a last resort because they didn't want their establishment to look bad. I was yelled at multiple times for contacting management about violent guests because it wasn't a serious issue. When I left this establishment, I needed to get work info for government assistance, they refused to sign any paperwork because they said "If they really needed anything from us, they would fax us something. Until then, don't contact us again." All of this to say, that this was the worst work management I've ever had to deal with.
Pros
Easy work, easy balance of life
Cons
Good until change of leadership
Conference Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Midland, MIApril 8, 2019
First team leader was a trusting let you go do things for yourself and be your friend as well as your leader type. but after he left and the second team leader took over, he kept people on a tight leash and micromanaged people on every step you take and criticized every move you made by yourself and management enabled it.