Wyndham Hotels & Resorts

Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Good company , still maturing in terms of tech capabilities though. Hit pretty hard by pandemic akin to the rest of the industry. Hard to retain talent , though constant churn assures this isn't an issue
You are expected to do far more than they are willing to pay you for..you have to keep up with your time or your check will be short .all the locks on entrance and exit doors are broken, witch is very unsafe for 3 rd shift night auditor and guests there are no camera so u can see who is going and coming
Pros
Free water to drink
Cons
No one comes to work on time
I enjoyed the guests . The management was not supportive . Management expected a lot done but not enough staff but would not hire .They don’t have any health benefits.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
No time off
The management team and coworkers are very supportive of staff. The culture is drama free everyone gets a long. The hardest part is challenging guests if they have a bad day can take it out on you.
Pros
employee appreciation, Pto
Cons
Pay could be higher, more raises
Was horrible in general reservations and it got worse as more . I got sick and now they will not help me. I tried to get help from them but they just drag their feet. Even the other employees of like 20 years are terrified to say anything.
Pros
Talking to idiots on the phone.
Cons
Talking to idiots sitting next to me and then trying to tell me they aren't.
Great company to learn about the world of franchising and hotels. Certainly not an easy job but it was a great opportunity to see America and learn about the hotel industry, the good, bad, and ugly. Hours could be very demanding, with frequent days that didn't end until 8 PM-9 PM at night. Lots of interaction with senior leaders during group meetings.
Pros
Company car, company cell phone
Cons
Lots of driving, long hours, often changing priorities
I've been working at wyndham Garden for almost 5years and I had nothing but good people I enjoyed working with. I take allot of good effort in my work ethic.
It’ was a focused job and they would work with me about transportation and also they gave overtime with me being the top dishwasher we’re I was and I also was sercuity
Pros
Yes there were free lunching in the kitchen
Cons
30 minute breaks
The Hotel industry is fun to work in. Wyndham was just that. It was easy to work when working as a team. Having guest come back to stay in the property gave you a sense that you were doing your job right.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Wyndham Hotels & Resorts?
Very Bad Management skills Performed. Staffs are treated Very Badly &without respect by The HR manager & HOD of the Department are as followed. Always Look at Own Benefits & Always Torcher the Junior Level.
It’s a good place to work.. management it’s awesome love them... I work for commons areas an I interact with guest all day an I love it . People are friendly work place it’s awesome view is beautiful..
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
2 15 minute breaks an 30 minute lunch
● Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is terrible for management.● Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Wyndham Hotels & Resorts are decent● Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, I think the company chose to open more hotels and lay-off thousands of employees. So not much security there.● ManagementIn general, managers at Wyndham Hotels & Resorts overworked. Some good some aren’t the best. Directors are never there and conniving● OverallMy experience working at Wyndham Hotels & Resorts a lot of short cuts that the better hotel companies wouldn’t do. But they still charge the same rates.
Grew my career, learned a lot. Had some good managers and some bad. Not a lot of structure, so always on our own. Learned everything through trial and error.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
No structure
Fun and enjoyable workplace with many friendly coworkers, located in a busy area so there was always business, time never went by slowly and the manager was very capable.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaj
Having employees working multiple positions without proper training or better pay. Horrible schedulers and managers without a clue, lack of communication on the floor, exploiting employees with multiple job positions at the same time without compensation. Favoritism towards certain employees. Unfair to a lot of color employees. Liars. Changing schedules after sending them out without consultation. Supervisors are leeches and managers are rude. Horrible management and HR lying to your face not communicating.
Pros
Free nasty lunches that would send you home with stomach pain.
Cons
No break on high season. Obligatory breaks on low season.
To be honest, it’s best place to work and belt a carrier, my superior always encourage me to learn to make a new idea which can make bater to secede, than you Wyndham grand Manama.
My time at Wyndham was very enjoyable and I enjoyed gaining many different work experience that all deal with hospitality. I also gained experience in working in a very social environment.
Management in this company only care about there own bonuses and work conditions. My immediate manager is a horrible person who shows no care about his subordinates. The GENERAL MANAGER is rude, uncaring, selfish and is the core reason this hotel has declined since Wyndham took over. When you take your complaints to Corporate HR, you are promised action that never arrives!!!! Find employment elsewhere!!!!!!!
Pros
Cons
Low pay, management that has favorites, only shows appreciation to favored employees, ignore UNION rules pertaining to the job, poor working conditions.
Great work life balance. Fun workplace with great perks. CEO seems to really care for a positive work culture. Lost my job due to Covid but otherwise great workplace.
I personally have had a great experience being a houseman at Wyndham. The work of course had some difficulty but was easy nonetheless. I can do the heavy lifting for the job and actually enjoyed the work.
Pros
Finish your work on your time
Cons
Overnight long hours, waiting for linen.
I worked at an independently owned property that was part of Wyndham. The owners were insane and racist. They pay the lowest of any job I’ve ever had.
Pros
Easy job, great guests
Cons
Low pay, no chance for promotion, crazy owners, dirty facility