Wyndham Hotels & Resorts

Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

management has no consept of how a restaurant works.
Host/server/Room service (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CADecember 12, 2019
the management changes policies and how to do jobs over the phone from his office. They hardly ever come into Café to see day to day activities, when they do it's for like 5 mins and then go back to their office and call supervisor to change procedures. Then the scheduling is horrible, one week we work four to five days then next week we work two or three, it's never consistent.
Overall a good company to work for.
Assistant Guest Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 11, 2019
Overall the company was good. They sent me on Taskforce 2 times to a Resort in Puerto Rico which was awesome. The Leadership did a good job and had to raise the pay due to a hotel opening down the street. They should have done that a while ago however.
Pros
1.00 lunches, good heathcare prices
Cons
Not a lot of movement in management.
Perverted team lead
Operational support Desk (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBDecember 6, 2019
My team lead whispered to me that he would like to grope my personal areas. When asked about the incident he denied everything but still continued to whisper profanities to me.
Great management/ Best teams co-workers
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLDecember 2, 2019
Best management, best team I have never had, regardless with very low pay. Just happy to go in to work just to see all of the staffs including management team. I don't know if it all Wyndham are the same. But Windham at Lake Buena Vista to me is the best.
If you like being talked and treated like a child.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 2, 2019
Don't expect any help from any manager if it doesn't reflect highly on them. No one has any idea on how to truly or effectively run this resort. GM doesn't care about anyone but him self. Directors can and only follow never lead. That's sad
Relaxing work place
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Río Grande, PRNovember 29, 2019
This is the best customer service job you can have. There is all types of areas where you can expand and further your career within the tourist industry.
Great place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLNovember 26, 2019
Everybody was always so nice, but the managers were very cliquey and showed favoritism to some employees. A lot of times I would have to do the jobs of others that were too lazy to perform as expected.
Excellent culture and work life.
Payroll Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJNovember 25, 2019
I recommend working here. Everyone is treated respectfully and there is a lot of work to be done. There are many perks and festivities here. The work is straightforward.
Fair
Breakfast Attendant (Former Employee) –  Page, AZNovember 21, 2019
It’s a very much demanding job to keep up the demands of hundreds of hungry tourists who load up for the long day ahead. Some of the challenges usually come out of nowhere and sometimes push you to a hard drive. A job like this is no trouble and fun sometimes, but what made it lacking was the management. They very clearly show a bias against local workers and often favor the foreign works who cancan work with no real
Unless you have no other options
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Columbia-East Jessup, MDNovember 18, 2019
Honestly just find another place to work the guest make it more horrid then anything, not only are the guest dreadful your coworkers may not even show up so best of luck
pre-opening
Hotel General Manager (Former Employee) –  Kuala LumpurNovember 18, 2019
pre-opening of 257 keys, rebrand property from hostel to hotel, HQ was very helpful to assist for pre-opening, lots of challenges but managed to open under difficult anvironment
Fast paced, great culture
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJNovember 17, 2019
Great franchising company.
Good life work balance
Caring leaders
Strategic work
Enjoy colleagues
Beautiful campus
Learned a lot about hospitality and travel
Not a place to build a career on.
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARNovember 15, 2019
The Wyndham Hotel & Resort in North Little Rock AR. Very much so needs to screen there Managers and their employees. Drugs & Background checks. They need to be more aware of the people they hire.
Not a good place
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN westNovember 11, 2019
Female GM is impossible to work w if you want a life. Not very open- minded at all. You as the front desk gets all the grief regarding the status/upkeep of the hotel that is out of your control. They allow lead staff at front desk to be on parole and keep mess going! K.R.
I would not recommend anyone to work here.
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 8, 2019
Management and employees are overworked and underpaid. The hotel General Manager is a very arrogant, rude and cold hearted man who does not value his staff. There is so much black mold in the building that guests and staff have become ill. Some have even been hospitalized.
Not that hard
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  West York, PANovember 7, 2019
I miss working there but I had so personal issues so I had to leave. It’s a good place to work and you can have great co works.they treat you like family.
Great work environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZNovember 5, 2019
Great place to work and the manager was very flexible with hours. While working there my girlfriend was pregnant and he would let me clock in early so that i can clock out early on days I needed to be home with her.
Good people. Fast paced. Constantly moving goalposts.
Technology Systems (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJNovember 2, 2019
Very friendly place to work (hospitality). Workload is heavy. Work-life balance is weighted more toward work with many 50+ hour weeks. Compensation is mid-range. Non-IT teams see more advancement than IT.
Great Career starter.
ROOM ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Beaver Creek, CONovember 2, 2019
Working at wyndham thought me a lot about professionalism, how to treat customers and being responsible. I would suggest studying about the company before working it.
Horrible management owner is heartless
Night Auditor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Middletown, RIOctober 27, 2019
Worst hotel employees to ever work with Newport Wyndham is a very disorganized hotel no respect for guests only worry that they have is making money off good people looking for a comfortable place to lay there head