Here to help
Coronavirus update

Wood Management reviews

Oman25 reviews
Good work place culture and good place to learn from with so much axes to different project scopes
Team work was great with

Management was poor not looking after the employee
Good Management but staff may be difficult to manage in some situation.. supportive staff in the field is very enthusiastic. Good atmosphere for work field.
All Staff were an effective communicator with excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills. The atmosphere is challenging and enthusiastic.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
of enriching experience in QA/QC and Project Management of Oil & Gas, Power & mining.An effective communicator with excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
• Experienced in managing cross functional activities encompassing quality of the parts, Processes & bought-out items and proficiency in coordinating with the vendor, enhancing their process Operations, thereby achieving the required Quality level of QMS.

• Significant experience in end-to-end deliverables of the project campaign, analysis of Client requirements, risk identification, workforce management and effective utilization of teams.Experienced in handling procurement stage to finalization and execution of the orders.

• Conversant with International codes and standards related to inspection & review.Deft at handling the preparation of Quality documentation, Test-packs and As-built documentation & day to day site QA/QC activities.
Pros
Overtime, Get together parties
Cons
I am responsible for A to Z of Procurement and contract job .
Sending RFQ, receiving vendor offer for technical evaluation ,preparing Bid evaluation ,placing of order ,expediting for documents submission and approval. Arranging for inspection of material and delivery of equipment and vendor 's payments.

I learned SAP system and now I am expert in working with SAP.

I learned alot about technical equipment and the correct procedure of work in an international engineering company.

I have to prepare Weekly reports for management and i have to participate in Management meeting regarding material status for my projects.

I am responsible for one of the most important and critical projects of company.I have to do procurement and contract job for around 100 engineering equipments also I am responsible for placement of order for more than 3000 small items such as piping instrumentaion and electrical items. and managing all this job as per project time schedule is the hardest part of our job.

Learing new things .working in an international company with different culture is the most enoyable part of my job.
1. Good support from management.
2. Very good working atmosphere.

3. Enjoyed a lot in work in heavy lifting department.

4. Good team spirit.

5. Very supportive co-workers.
inspections, cordinations, reviews, mea typical day at work
learned the experience

management is very poor
your co-workers are well experienced
the hardest part of the job is to handle ccc management

the most enjoyable part of the job is to handle the work load indepenedantly
Pros
lunch, car, phone internet
Cons
full time enjoying the wrk atmosphere
I have been working in this company for almost two years now. Wood Group brought ties with Consolidated Contractors Company and formed Joint venture. This joint venture won the 7 + 3 years extendable Engineering, Maintenance and Construction contract of PDO south Oman Oil and Gas fields.
Wood Group -CCC has provided a good learning platform for me to gain experience in brown filed jobs. Since most of the PDO facilities were installed back in 80s or 90s the toughest and the enjoyable thing for me is to brain storm and come out with a strategy for doing the upgrade of the station with old system with avoiding Unnecessary shut downs.

Working environment is also good with multi nationals working and communicating well with each other.

The management is currently facing difficult circumstances to cover up the losses and to do so they are implementing some strict rules all over company
Pros
Company Provided Accommodation for bachelors with Mess, Laundry and pick and drop fcacility
Cons
long meetings,lot of reviews,learned various project stages,co-workers are good,
Pros
near by home
Cons
management concerns
Every work day we learn something new, dealling with other people and contact them by a good communication skills help you to understand others what they need, and let you give the full energy and support to push / follow up with any co-workers to get our aim.
so the way we communicate lead you to be involve in the job cycle and to learn may things which let you gain experience to improve your way of troubble shooting same cases.

When you are able to success through these situatsions that means you know good how to manage yourself, there is many methods, procdures,and specifications help you to be skilled and qualified to manage others and to have a full knowledge about management faces.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Productive day that involves schedule review in preparadness for meeting with client. Over time learned how to coordinate supervisors and discipline engineers to get result from them. Managing of top management by making available correct and accurate status update.
Pros
lunches look free
Cons
everyday meeting with client