Wood Employee Reviews

Found 23 reviews matching the search See all 1,343 reviews
Good work place
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  OmanJune 1, 2019
Good place to work , as was my first job always will remember the things I learnt here . The owner was the one I reported directly. Very good company in terms of work
good
civil foreman (Former Employee) –  bahja omanOctober 2, 2017
Good accommodation ,good gifts ,good medical free.free transportation,free fecilities more than bec,5month leave rotation.goo communication from staffs all good work finish terminated
Pros
free food
Maintenance Supervisor
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  MuscatSeptember 3, 2017
This was my last role in Oman before leaving and having worked for WGCCC as a subcontractor I had a good knowledge of the outfit before joining them. Multi disciplined and multi cultural work forces are always a challenge to deal with but the company made itr fairly straight forwards to handle.
good experience
Graduate Electrical Engineer (Internship) (Former Employee) –  MuscatJune 30, 2017
great experience, met a lot of great helpful people who taught me a lot also. there was plenty of work and it was an overall great place to work at. had plenty of fun also.
Productive and challenging atmosphere
QA/QC ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Muscat, MAOctober 9, 2015
All Staff were an effective communicator with excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills. The atmosphere is challenging and enthusiastic.
Pros
Free Lunch
Skills practiced
QA/QC ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Muscat, MASeptember 19, 2015
of enriching experience in QA/QC and Project Management of Oil & Gas, Power & mining.An effective communicator with excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
• Experienced in managing cross functional activities encompassing quality of the parts, Processes & bought-out items and proficiency in coordinating with the vendor, enhancing their process Operations, thereby achieving the required Quality level of QMS.
• Significant experience in end-to-end deliverables of the project campaign, analysis of Client requirements, risk identification, workforce management and effective utilization of teams.Experienced in handling procurement stage to finalization and execution of the orders.
• Conversant with International codes and standards related to inspection & review.Deft at handling the preparation of Quality documentation, Test-packs and As-built documentation & day to day site QA/QC activities.
Pros
Overtime, Get together parties
Cons
Good
Piping Engineer (Current Employee) –  Muscat, OmanMarch 4, 2015
Nice to work with Wood Group CCC ltd. It is a very nice company. We have learned so many thing from this company. i thank ful to this company for giving me opportunities work with this company.
Pros
best
Cons
9 hours
Review Summary for Wood group
Procurement & Contract Engineer (Current Employee) –  OmanOctober 27, 2014
I am responsible for A to Z of Procurement and contract job .
Sending RFQ, receiving vendor offer for technical evaluation ,preparing Bid evaluation ,placing of order ,expediting for documents submission and approval. Arranging for inspection of material and delivery of equipment and vendor 's payments.

I learned SAP system and now I am expert in working with SAP.
I learned alot about technical equipment and the correct procedure of work in an international engineering company.

I have to prepare Weekly reports for management and i have to participate in Management meeting regarding material status for my projects.

I am responsible for one of the most important and critical projects of company.I have to do procurement and contract job for around 100 engineering equipments also I am responsible for placement of order for more than 3000 small items such as piping instrumentaion and electrical items. and managing all this job as per project time schedule is the hardest part of our job.

Learing new things .working in an international company with different culture is the most enoyable part of my job.
Secretary / Clerk (Current Employee) –  OmanJune 11, 2014
1. Good support from management.
2. Very good working atmosphere.
3. Enjoyed a lot in work in heavy lifting department.
4. Good team spirit.
5. Very supportive co-workers.
Field study and work responsiblity.
Senior Electrical Designer (Current Employee) –  muscatFebruary 22, 2014
Visit the PDO site area (Wellheads, Booster station & Substations).
Collect the inputs for UPS up gradation like UPS size, Feeder details, Cable Details, Identify
New routes for cable Routing, Existing Battery Size & Battery room expansion. Lighting details.
Arrange space for new equipment in S/S area as per the inputs.
Prepare the SLD’s & Layouts.
Pros
Accomodation
Cons
45Hrs/week
Fun to work in this Organization
QA/QC Engineer (Current Employee) –  Al Khuwair - MuscatJanuary 27, 2014
Day work as per schedule and Plan
Proper Planning
Co-Workers are friendly
Load of the day's work
Exposure to various international standards
Pros
Free Food, Family Status, Medical & Transport
effective and team work
Sr. QC Inspector/Inspection Coordinator (Current Employee) –  MuscatJanuary 26, 2014
inspections, cordinations, reviews, mea typical day at work
learned the experience
management is very poor
your co-workers are well experienced
the hardest part of the job is to handle ccc management
the most enjoyable part of the job is to handle the work load indepenedantly
Pros
lunch, car, phone internet
Cons
full time enjoying the wrk atmosphere
Good place to start Career in EMC jobs
Instrument Engineer (Current Employee) –  MuscatDecember 24, 2013
I have been working in this company for almost two years now. Wood Group brought ties with Consolidated Contractors Company and formed Joint venture. This joint venture won the 7 + 3 years extendable Engineering, Maintenance and Construction contract of PDO south Oman Oil and Gas fields.
Wood Group -CCC has provided a good learning platform for me to gain experience in brown filed jobs. Since most of the PDO facilities were installed back in 80s or 90s the toughest and the enjoyable thing for me is to brain storm and come out with a strategy for doing the upgrade of the station with old system with avoiding Unnecessary shut downs.
Working environment is also good with multi nationals working and communicating well with each other.
The management is currently facing difficult circumstances to cover up the losses and to do so they are implementing some strict rules all over company
Pros
Company Provided Accommodation for bachelors with Mess, Laundry and pick and drop fcacility
productive
Project control Engineer (Current Employee) –  omanNovember 18, 2013
long meetings,lot of reviews,learned various project stages,co-workers are good,
Pros
near by home
Cons
management concerns
good
Piping Engineer (Current Employee) –  MuscatSeptember 17, 2013
Its new Experience working here since last 2 years. Working as a Piping Engineer.
good
Cons
cood
EPC Company
Sr PROJECT ENGINEER- (Current Employee) –  muscatAugust 31, 2013
well established EPC company.
gained experience in Engg , Procurment , Construction
Pros
good working environment
Cons
no medical insurance
Quantity Surveyor (Former Employee) –  MuscatAugust 26, 2013
Nice working with in the team, All co-workers are co-operative.
EMC project for PDO
Main Contractor (Current Employee) –  OmanAugust 10, 2013
Cordination with project/procurement/QA/QC/HSE/Logistics in order to run the project smoothly and achieved the project target.
Excellent environment
Logistics coordinator (Current Employee) –  OmanJanuary 18, 2013
PDO EMC
EXIM, Coordinations with supply chain activities
Supportive
good team players
shut down activities and coordination
transportation and coordination
Pros
lunch and snacks
Cons
nothing
Communicate
SR.Document Controller (Current Employee) –  Oman , MuscatOctober 24, 2012
Every work day we learn something new, dealling with other people and contact them by a good communication skills help you to understand others what they need, and let you give the full energy and support to push / follow up with any co-workers to get our aim.
so the way we communicate lead you to be involve in the job cycle and to learn may things which let you gain experience to improve your way of troubble shooting same cases.
When you are able to success through these situatsions that means you know good how to manage yourself, there is many methods, procdures,and specifications help you to be skilled and qualified to manage others and to have a full knowledge about management faces.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wood. Our community is ready to answer.

Wood Reviews by Location