Here to help
Coronavirus update

Wood Employee Reviews

Oman25 reviews
Good work place culture and good place to learn from with so much axes to different project scopes
Team work was great with

Management was poor not looking after the employee
high technical competency of Engineers , different ethnic &culture .
perfect in cost control and timely claims .perfect in budget phasing and claiming .
Pros
Refreshment s, extra work allowances etc
Cons
unexpected notice period
Good place to work , as was my first job always will remember the things I learnt here . The owner was the one I reported directly. Very good company in terms of work
Good Management but staff may be difficult to manage in some situation.. supportive staff in the field is very enthusiastic. Good atmosphere for work field.
Good accommodation ,good gifts ,good medical free.free transportation,free fecilities more than bec,5month leave rotation.goo communication from staffs all good work finish terminated
Pros
free food
good
This was my last role in Oman before leaving and having worked for WGCCC as a subcontractor I had a good knowledge of the outfit before joining them. Multi disciplined and multi cultural work forces are always a challenge to deal with but the company made itr fairly straight forwards to handle.
great experience, met a lot of great helpful people who taught me a lot also. there was plenty of work and it was an overall great place to work at. had plenty of fun also.
All Staff were an effective communicator with excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills. The atmosphere is challenging and enthusiastic.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
of enriching experience in QA/QC and Project Management of Oil & Gas, Power & mining.An effective communicator with excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
• Experienced in managing cross functional activities encompassing quality of the parts, Processes & bought-out items and proficiency in coordinating with the vendor, enhancing their process Operations, thereby achieving the required Quality level of QMS.

• Significant experience in end-to-end deliverables of the project campaign, analysis of Client requirements, risk identification, workforce management and effective utilization of teams.Experienced in handling procurement stage to finalization and execution of the orders.

• Conversant with International codes and standards related to inspection & review.Deft at handling the preparation of Quality documentation, Test-packs and As-built documentation & day to day site QA/QC activities.
Pros
Overtime, Get together parties
Cons
Nice to work with Wood Group CCC ltd. It is a very nice company. We have learned so many thing from this company. i thank ful to this company for giving me opportunities work with this company.
Pros
best
Cons
9 hours
I am responsible for A to Z of Procurement and contract job .
Sending RFQ, receiving vendor offer for technical evaluation ,preparing Bid evaluation ,placing of order ,expediting for documents submission and approval. Arranging for inspection of material and delivery of equipment and vendor 's payments.

I learned SAP system and now I am expert in working with SAP.

I learned alot about technical equipment and the correct procedure of work in an international engineering company.

I have to prepare Weekly reports for management and i have to participate in Management meeting regarding material status for my projects.

I am responsible for one of the most important and critical projects of company.I have to do procurement and contract job for around 100 engineering equipments also I am responsible for placement of order for more than 3000 small items such as piping instrumentaion and electrical items. and managing all this job as per project time schedule is the hardest part of our job.

Learing new things .working in an international company with different culture is the most enoyable part of my job.
1. Good support from management.
2. Very good working atmosphere.

3. Enjoyed a lot in work in heavy lifting department.

4. Good team spirit.

5. Very supportive co-workers.
Visit the PDO site area (Wellheads, Booster station & Substations).
Collect the inputs for UPS up gradation like UPS size, Feeder details, Cable Details, Identify

New routes for cable Routing, Existing Battery Size & Battery room expansion. Lighting details.

Arrange space for new equipment in S/S area as per the inputs.

Prepare the SLD’s & Layouts.
Pros
Accomodation
Cons
45Hrs/week
Day work as per schedule and Plan
Proper Planning

Co-Workers are friendly

Load of the day's work

Exposure to various international standards
Pros
Free Food, Family Status, Medical & Transport
inspections, cordinations, reviews, mea typical day at work
learned the experience

management is very poor

your co-workers are well experienced

the hardest part of the job is to handle ccc management

the most enjoyable part of the job is to handle the work load indepenedantly
Pros
lunch, car, phone internet
Cons
full time enjoying the wrk atmosphere
I have been working in this company for almost two years now. Wood Group brought ties with Consolidated Contractors Company and formed Joint venture. This joint venture won the 7 + 3 years extendable Engineering, Maintenance and Construction contract of PDO south Oman Oil and Gas fields.
Wood Group -CCC has provided a good learning platform for me to gain experience in brown filed jobs. Since most of the PDO facilities were installed back in 80s or 90s the toughest and the enjoyable thing for me is to brain storm and come out with a strategy for doing the upgrade of the station with old system with avoiding Unnecessary shut downs.

Working environment is also good with multi nationals working and communicating well with each other.

The management is currently facing difficult circumstances to cover up the losses and to do so they are implementing some strict rules all over company
Pros
Company Provided Accommodation for bachelors with Mess, Laundry and pick and drop fcacility
Cons
long meetings,lot of reviews,learned various project stages,co-workers are good,
Pros
near by home
Cons
management concerns
Its new Experience working here since last 2 years. Working as a Piping Engineer.
good
Cons
cood
well established EPC company.
gained experience in Engg , Procurment , Construction
Pros
good working environment
Cons
no medical insurance
Nice working with in the team, All co-workers are co-operative.
Cordination with project/procurement/QA/QC/HSE/Logistics in order to run the project smoothly and achieved the project target.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wood. Our community is ready to answer.
Wood Reviews by Location