Unilever Employee Reviews for Merchandiser

Found 68 reviews matching the search See all 5,960 reviews
Exciting moments
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western CapeMay 2, 2019
Its nice to work at Unilever but the thing is, how long are you going to be a merchandiser and pack shelves everyday? It takes a lot of time to get to management. I mean you can do your drivers license and finish it while you are still a merchandiser and no one will notice you. I am still a merchandiser but am tired of packing shelves now. I am currently busy with my drivers license. Then I will go.
Pros
Free lunches
Estabilidad
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Montevideo, Departamento de MontevideoJanuary 5, 2019
Una de las empresas más exigentes dentro del rubro del merchandising, con una gran portafolio de productos, la presión por alcanzar objetivos era grande.

Lo positivo: si se presta atención, la interacción con los distintos departamentos de la empresa te permite aprender mucho conceptos y su aplicación, por lo que resulta una buena escuela.

Lo negativo: el puesto es tercerizado por lo que no había posibilidades de ascenso, por lo que siempre se desempeña en el mismo puesto, a pesar de los esfuerzos de la empresa, esta no logra crear un sentimiento de pertenencia hacia la misma entre el grupo de merchandisers.

Neutro: la remuneración esta por encima de la media, pero por debajo de aquellas empresas a las que se considera mejores en el rubro
Always busy but benefits & incentive given
MERCHANDISER/ SENIOR MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  ILOILO CITY, PHILIPPINESDecember 8, 2018
Is a busy company with good heart to his people. Benefits is given properly and incentive is given correctly. Staff are happy to work and enjoy everyday.
Pros
1 hour break every 8 hours and there is vacation leave every year.
Cons
Medical Benefits also free
Productive workplace
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  San Jose del MonteOctober 15, 2018
A typical work, kung saan papasok ka para may sahud ka every cut off. not that challenging kase walang quota.

The workplace is not that good, since it was an airconditioned area.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, GautengSeptember 3, 2018
It's fun and and I have gained a lot of experience and get to know how to work with different people from different background and able to work well with a term and by myself.
Good management
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Tanza, CaviteSeptember 1, 2018
The management is terrific. Very considerate and will really give you the opportunities to grow as an employee. I would recommend this to my friends and family.
Fun and quiet work environment
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  ManilaAugust 29, 2018
It is really important to know your item's expiration date to prevent some problem. And it is really easy to work with people having the same culture.
working together as team and good communication
Merchandising (Current Employee) –  south africaAugust 14, 2018
i have learned that when u work with people you should have a good communication skill and be a good listener... i also have learned to deal with different kinds of people... in retail u meet new people every single day.

The management was great i also have learned a lot from their side and it taught me to be tough.

The hardest part of the job is the pressure its disappointing when u dont do well in business, e.g when our competitors are decreasing their prices its became a challenge to us cause customer want to go to whats lesser since the tax has increased.

The most enjoyable about the job is that i get to meet new people everyday, i learn new things everyday on the business side... and now i understand who packs the food we buy in-stores and their responsibilities... most thing i enjoy is that i get to see the sales or promotions first before the customers...
Pros
free tea
Cons
short breaks
Productive & Fun Workplace
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Wellington, Western CapeApril 19, 2018
a typical day at work in any shop could change in seconds. from dealing with a difficult customer or a difficult manager. Work Smart not Hard. their wage is under the belt I think and some managers doesn't care about you.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
loads of work - minimum wage
Productive and interactive work place.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  GautengMarch 17, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with different people from different parts of the city, getting their broader perspective on how they view products we offer.
From the pricing all the way to the packaging and also the effectiveness of the product that they are purchasing or interested in.
Pros
Being awarded for doing a good job
Cons
No cons
it fun to be part of the unilever family
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  GautengMarch 3, 2018
I have been working at this company for more than 6 years and I am proudly to say the benefits and the team work is so overwellmingI love the long hours.
Pros
Cons
when needed
low salary lack of man power
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  MakatiJanuary 20, 2018
a llow rating company so many work low salary no overtime pay its hard to contact the superiors when you need to communicate them if the work is done that they tell they dont know you when its done
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
long hours no over time
Great flexible job with the benefit of selecting own working hours.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Sunshine Coast QLDDecember 18, 2017
A great job which gives you the flexibility to complete the work on your own roster. I have learnt lots about merchandising and planograms within stores such as Woolworths and Coles.
Hard work place but can teach you the basics of being a merchandiser
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesDecember 14, 2017
Day-to-day bundling of item promotions, receiving of deliveries and buffering to the selling area. I learned the basics of merchandising the hard way. The management is not that good but covered with benefis. Workplace is good couse its in Pure Gold Price Club and i enjoyed being there. Hardest part is they force you to do the weekly report for the present week and 2 weeks advance. The most enyable part is when i'm in my designated store.
Pros
with 13th month pay
Cons
Very very long hour of OT
A big company and with high expectations. Yet workers struggling to buy the product they work with
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-NatalOctober 30, 2017
Enjoyable environment
To be always calm and collected as some customers are rude
Very bias
Customer always right and showing smile
Shouting
Gratitude
Pros
Incentives
Everyday work environment
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GautengOctober 27, 2017
You results are determined by the amount of work you put in, especially at retail trade level. Our purpose as merchandisers is to drive sales and gain market share at retail trade level. A typical day at work will include merchandising Unilever products on shelf and any other additional adhoc spaces you receive at trade level. This in turns increases the chances of gaining market share against competitors.
Lots of Opportuniy for growth
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Krugersdorp, GautengSeptember 13, 2017
Unilever has a lot of stock, which means a lot of work. Its good because you get to be busy you don't even notice that time is flying.
I learned quite a lot actually, e.g I always thought merchandising and shelve pack are the same thing. History of the company etc.
The hardest part was when my line manger changes my off day in that morning of my off day, or call me during the night to tell me I'm no longer going to that store but I'll be going on another!
My job becomes easier when I know what is excepted of me.
i enjoyed working as a team
merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg South, GautengAugust 3, 2017
at work places i like to face new challenges because it brings new skills in me and also help me to develop strength,i don't think there is a work that i can not do because I'm willing to learn since learning is never enough so to me every opportunity that i get i promise to do all my best,since one finger can not catch rice i also feel impowed when I'm working with others.
Pros
if people have performed very well thanking them by free lunch is vital
Cons
if the duty of the day is not finished over time is part of the day until jpb is done
Our aim as a Merchandiser is to achieve sales of the Product for Unilever
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-NatalJuly 12, 2017
I enjoy working at Unilever , I have learnt a lot in this company such as working as a team , team building, the culture at Unilever , rainbow nation, working as a family together, I like it.
Productive and highly recommended company.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesJune 19, 2017
In almost 6 years of experience in unilever, I am thankful that not just job they gave to me. They gave to me also a lot of experience and knowledges. Also they allow me express different of skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unilever. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2