Unilever Employee Reviews for Merchandiser

Found 73 reviews matching the search See all 6,143 reviews
Excelente ambiente laboral con amplia consideración por la vida personal
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Florida, Departamento de FloridaAugust 6, 2019
Una empresa ideal para trabajar y crecer tanto en lo humano como en lo profesional. Altamente recomendable.
Good company
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Brackenfell, Western CapeJuly 29, 2019
It was good experience to work with uniliver company I enjoyed working with them.i gained lot of experience in retail.and learn how to have good communication with management.
Fun workplace
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, GautengJune 22, 2019
It was fun working there especially the 1st month since well I was a releifer for those who were going to their leave,was traveling from town to town meeting new people
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Productive fun sometimes at the workplace
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GautengJune 19, 2019
Its a normal 8 hour day job there was so much to learn from knowing the stock to building the point of sales the management was excellent towards the promotion of their junior staff workplace culture its also fantastic sometimes it can be cruel the hardest part of the job is knocking off late and working where its far from where you live and the most enjoyable part of the job was you get exposed to a lot of people you also share your knowledge with them
Pros
free t-shirts lotions
Cons
location
Exciting moments
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western CapeMay 2, 2019
Its nice to work at Unilever but the thing is, how long are you going to be a merchandiser and pack shelves everyday? It takes a lot of time to get to management. I mean you can do your drivers license and finish it while you are still a merchandiser and no one will notice you. I am still a merchandiser but am tired of packing shelves now. I am currently busy with my drivers license. Then I will go.
Pros
Free lunches
Fast Pace environment
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-NatalMarch 5, 2019
Unilever Channel management it a retail department, we were working under various retail stoers like pnp, checkers, spar etc. Unilever was a good company indeed we were studying a lot about retail itself.
Estabilidad
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Montevideo, Departamento de MontevideoJanuary 5, 2019
Una de las empresas más exigentes dentro del rubro del merchandising, con una gran portafolio de productos, la presión por alcanzar objetivos era grande.

Lo positivo: si se presta atención, la interacción con los distintos departamentos de la empresa te permite aprender mucho conceptos y su aplicación, por lo que resulta una buena escuela.

Lo negativo: el puesto es tercerizado por lo que no había posibilidades de ascenso, por lo que siempre se desempeña en el mismo puesto, a pesar de los esfuerzos de la empresa, esta no logra crear un sentimiento de pertenencia hacia la misma entre el grupo de merchandisers.

Neutro: la remuneración esta por encima de la media, pero por debajo de aquellas empresas a las que se considera mejores en el rubro
Always busy but benefits & incentive given
MERCHANDISER/ SENIOR MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  ILOILO CITY, PHILIPPINESDecember 8, 2018
Is a busy company with good heart to his people. Benefits is given properly and incentive is given correctly. Staff are happy to work and enjoy everyday.
Pros
1 hour break every 8 hours and there is vacation leave every year.
Cons
Medical Benefits also free
Productive workplace
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  San Jose del MonteOctober 15, 2018
A typical work, kung saan papasok ka para may sahud ka every cut off. not that challenging kase walang quota.

The workplace is not that good, since it was an airconditioned area.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, GautengSeptember 3, 2018
It's fun and and I have gained a lot of experience and get to know how to work with different people from different background and able to work well with a term and by myself.
Good management
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Tanza, CaviteSeptember 1, 2018
The management is terrific. Very considerate and will really give you the opportunities to grow as an employee. I would recommend this to my friends and family.
Fun and quiet work environment
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  ManilaAugust 29, 2018
It is really important to know your item's expiration date to prevent some problem. And it is really easy to work with people having the same culture.
working together as team and good communication
Merchandising (Current Employee) –  south africaAugust 14, 2018
i have learned that when u work with people you should have a good communication skill and be a good listener... i also have learned to deal with different kinds of people... in retail u meet new people every single day.

The management was great i also have learned a lot from their side and it taught me to be tough.

The hardest part of the job is the pressure its disappointing when u dont do well in business, e.g when our competitors are decreasing their prices its became a challenge to us cause customer want to go to whats lesser since the tax has increased.

The most enjoyable about the job is that i get to meet new people everyday, i learn new things everyday on the business side... and now i understand who packs the food we buy in-stores and their responsibilities... most thing i enjoy is that i get to see the sales or promotions first before the customers...
Pros
free tea
Cons
short breaks
Productive & Fun Workplace
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Wellington, Western CapeApril 19, 2018
a typical day at work in any shop could change in seconds. from dealing with a difficult customer or a difficult manager. Work Smart not Hard. their wage is under the belt I think and some managers doesn't care about you.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
loads of work - minimum wage
Productive and interactive work place.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  GautengMarch 17, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with different people from different parts of the city, getting their broader perspective on how they view products we offer.
From the pricing all the way to the packaging and also the effectiveness of the product that they are purchasing or interested in.
Pros
Being awarded for doing a good job
Cons
No cons
it fun to be part of the unilever family
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  GautengMarch 3, 2018
I have been working at this company for more than 6 years and I am proudly to say the benefits and the team work is so overwellmingI love the long hours.
Pros
Cons
when needed
low salary lack of man power
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  MakatiJanuary 20, 2018
a llow rating company so many work low salary no overtime pay its hard to contact the superiors when you need to communicate them if the work is done that they tell they dont know you when its done
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
long hours no over time
Great flexible job with the benefit of selecting own working hours.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Sunshine Coast QLDDecember 18, 2017
A great job which gives you the flexibility to complete the work on your own roster. I have learnt lots about merchandising and planograms within stores such as Woolworths and Coles.
Hard work place but can teach you the basics of being a merchandiser
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesDecember 14, 2017
Day-to-day bundling of item promotions, receiving of deliveries and buffering to the selling area. I learned the basics of merchandising the hard way. The management is not that good but covered with benefis. Workplace is good couse its in Pure Gold Price Club and i enjoyed being there. Hardest part is they force you to do the weekly report for the present week and 2 weeks advance. The most enyable part is when i'm in my designated store.
Pros
with 13th month pay
Cons
Very very long hour of OT
A big company and with high expectations. Yet workers struggling to buy the product they work with
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-NatalOctober 30, 2017
Enjoyable environment
To be always calm and collected as some customers are rude
Very bias
Customer always right and showing smile
Shouting
Gratitude
Pros
Incentives

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unilever. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2