UNICEF Employee Reviews

office
Office Associate (Former Employee) –  IraqDecember 10, 2019
dealing with customers
learn how to speak a language
fast-paced environment
Good co-workers
great place to work at
very nice employers
early shifts
Environnement de travail stressant
Administrateur chargé de l'Administration (Current Employee) –  AbidjanDecember 10, 2019
Un lieu d'apprentissage continue et de devellopement de capacité.
Avec beaucoup de sollicitation, pour repondre au different besoin du personnel. Prise en charge immediate des besoins des femmes et des enfants. Rencontre de plusieur culture et de different style de management.
Work with a purpose
Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Copenhagen DenmarkDecember 6, 2019
This company gives opportunity to work for a good cause! The workload is high and challenging, but it is rewarding to know it brings benefit to the others.
Great Country Office with helpful staff
I was hired for a short term project, but was still greatly supported by the team in Kigali who were there to help me adjust to the city/country and get what I needed in the field to create the best final advocacy product.
Fun place
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSWNovember 29, 2019
The work itself is not the most "exciting" but meeting new people and fundraisers is the biggest perk. Otherwise, the fundraising task itself is not the easiest job.
High sense of dedication to improve education at the basic level
Education Consultant (Former Employee) –  AbujaNovember 28, 2019
Total commitment to improving the lot of the less privileged in the society through dedication, commitment and a very high sense of responsibility. Security is seen as top priority.
Incredible colleagues who work together to help children.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sofia, BGNovember 19, 2019
As an office assistant, part but not all of my duties were to liaise with external suppliers; look after the office -supplies, and equipment, act as first point of contact for external visitors, monitor the office
email inbox.
As an assistant in the fundraising department, I was part of the stewarding program, which involves
talking to donors over the phone regarding our latest projects.
Incredible colleagues who work together to help children.
Ambiente Laboral
Intern (Former Employee) –  Panamá, Provincia de PanamáNovember 17, 2019
El ambiente laboral es extremadamente bueno y a pesar de la demanda hay mucho cuidado con la salud mental
Fun Workplace
IT Officer (Former Employee) –  Jbeil \ KeswranNovember 15, 2019
Work with the MoPH and the UNICEF was fun and stressful at the same time. The hardest part was to upgrade the network system with a very very small budget. It was challenging and amazing.
Location free working environment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 13, 2019
I volunteered to participate in a project called Draw to Congress where I was able to participate as a student of School of Visual Arts.
Unicef nominate students from each school as a volunteer to increase the amount of help they could provide globally.
Really productive, valuable with clear vision and goals
Monitoring and Evaluation Consultant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  GHNovember 12, 2019
UNICEF, as part of United Nations, has a clear vision. I has accomplished very interesting issues. I always keep a closer watch this organization's surprisingly great performance so far registered. The steps this organization has moved towards securing, providing fair and equitable services to all children,regardless who they are, is by all standards highly commendable.And I confidently expect more to be done.
Gut
Promoter (Former Employee) –  DeutschlandNovember 7, 2019
Ist stressig gewesen aber am Ende war es doch eine gute Erfahrung
Worked with youth federation for world peace and implement unicef nutrition in emergency program at southern Borno
Nutrition supervisor YFWP Partnering with Unicef (Former Employee) –  Southern BornoNovember 7, 2019
We worked with UNICEF as a implementing partner nutrition in emergency program at 7 LGAs of southern Borneo. I started working as a nutrition supervisor monitoring house to house screening, organized mother to support group, infant and young child feeding program, food demonstration activities, hygiene promotion and lots more on nutrition.
It's good job ,I'm happy for myself.
Block mobilization coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bareilly, Uttar PradeshNovember 6, 2019
Its very good workplace and I m very thankful that's gives me an apportunity for part of this. I learned many things with this job and I want again part of it.
Ausbeute
Dialogerin (Former Employee) –  LeipzigNovember 6, 2019
Absolut nicht empfehlenswert, täglich war man mehr als 10 std unterwegs und hat 8 std letztendliche bezahlt bekommen mit einem lohn der nicht höher als 6 euro war.
Ziel war es nicht die Menschen zu was guten zu überzeugen sondern die menschen so manipulieren um das meiste geld aus der tasche zu ziehen.
UNVERSCHÄMTHEIT
...
Pros
Nix
Cons
Viel Zeit aufwand, wenig Geld, viele verrückte leute um dich auch junkys usw
The Truth of Unicef Fundraising
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater ManchesterNovember 2, 2019
There are two key considerations you have to think about when working as a fundraiser for Unicef

1) Life and work balance- Very little free time especially if it takes you over half an hour to get to work. The shift might be 10-6 and though this includes travelling back from work it doesn't consider travelling to work and then to the location of work.

For example: When you turn up to the work location meetup point for me was Manchester Piccadilly at that point you're not paid, you're paid when you get on site. This means if the train to Liverpool takes an hour you're not paid for time in which you travel, yet that is free time taken out of your day on top of any time taken to travel to Piccadilly.

This means workdays are long! By the time I got home, I only had about 2-3 hours of free time after work (And I was very tired at this point) it takes a lot of commitment!

2) Job security- You ever hit your targets of signing up 2 people per day 1 over 30 gifts aided and 1 under 30 or you will be fired before long and though this might sound like an easy task at times it wasn't and I was very committed! At times you can feel on edge as to whether you'll be kept on or fired.
Environnement très agréable
jeune ambassadrice (Former Employee) –  Paris (75)October 28, 2019
Ambiance paisible et collaborative, beaucoup de projets interressants
Productive work environment
Manager MIS (Former Employee) –  KarachiOctober 24, 2019
challenging and productive work environment
There is career development and opportunities
diversity of environment is an other plus point unicef has, where you learn from people you meet
unicef saha çalışanı olmak
saha çalışanı (Former Employee) –  İstanbulOctober 24, 2019
insanlar ile iletişim kurup onlardan kredi kartı istiyorsunuz ve tablet üzerinden çekim yapıyorsunuz hepsi bu. ancak destekçi alamazsanız işi bırakıp paşa paşa evinize dönüyorsunuz. ayrıca maaş 66,5 denildi. sözleşmede bile 65 yazıyordu, verdikleri 64,5 neyse hakkım helal olsun.
Pros
ticket
Cons
destekçi yapamayana yallah, uzak yerlere gidiyor olmak
Resource mobilization
Representative (Former Employee) –  Kuala LumpurOctober 22, 2019
To deliver on its development and humanitarian commitments
for children and women, including the Core Commitments for Children in Emergencies, UNICEF will need to diversify and expand its funding sources,its relationships with existing partners such as governments and National Committees - with their more than five million donors and supporters, and seeking new ways of working with the private sector and internationally-oriented private philanthropists.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UNICEF. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3