The Ritz-Carlton

The Ritz-Carlton Employee Reviews

Oman12 reviews
Actually I was happy when I’ve worked in Al Bustan Palace. They have different ways to develop the employees which I find it fascinating. If I have another chance to go their I will go.
Excellent place to learn & grow. Best working environment. Everyone treated equally and respectfully no matter which country you belongs to, no matter your religion, no matter how you look. we all are equal and respect each other.
Handling all guest laundry including VIP guest as per standards of RITZ CARLTON. The day starts giving the uniform of staff in respective manner . Completing the task of housekeeping linen within time period of day.
Pros
breakfast lunch
Cons
9 hours
Great enviroment to work staff benifits given quality of life enhance recognition and promotion well trained ladies and gentlemen and service oriented
Work environment is really good and its fun to work with people from different nationalities. The team is good and they follow company's culture fully.
Pros
Free fooding and lodging.
Cons
Uncertain working hours and a sloppy management.
I already work before there at Al Bustan Palace.
I know the way how to do my job at room attendent.

I would love to do my job with my passion.

keep the maintain of the hotel is our work.
This internship helped me get knowledge on how the industry works in the real world and what exactly the employee do,face and how they interact with the guests. it helped me become more confident and make my own decision.
Pros
good staff, work environment is excellent
Cons
low salary
It is tradition to offer coffee when a guest enters an Oman home. So it is at Al Bustan Palace, one of the most elegant resorts in Muscat, Oman, where the act of welcome and friendship is performed by the “coffee man,” the cultural host of our Oman beach resort. His craft spans spice stalls and centuries to immerse guests in new experiences and the local way of life.

It is a story that unfolds throughout every guest’s stay, the blending of the old and the new, the local and the worldly, the opportunity to engage in a new experience, or simply give in to complete relaxation. Arab and art deco influences infuse the luxury Oman resort with an elegant ambiance, most notably in its majestic 38-metre-high domed atrium lobby. A sandy, white beach keeps guests busy with a wealth of waterfront activities, or content to do nothing at all. Dining options include both regional and international flavours, making each guest’s journey as much about the experience as it is about the destination.

In addition to the breathtaking views of well-manicured gardens, the Sea of Oman and the Al Hajar Mountains, our Muscat resort
Cons
I learn a lot from this company they are giving proper trainings and good accommodation for the staff to enjoy the quality of life.... good management that balancing the things equally for the staff.
Pros
free food
Cons
There was no typical day at work since the property was usually very busy and we had a multitude of last second dignitary arrivals and functions.
Learned to coordinate and work with the majority of employees that were long service holdovers from the previous management company. Successfully trained them to work and adapt the new Ritz-Carlton culture.

Worked very closely with the management and developed close working and personal relationships with them. Helped developed my replacement to take over as the Director of Loss Prevention. Trained and developed a Security Supervisor which led to his recognition as the GCC Security Supervisor of the Year for 2014.

Hardest part of the job was the last second planning for high dignitary visits and function for which we received very little advance information.

Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing my team grow and achieve high job satisfaction.
Pros
Accommodations, travel, meals, learning from new cultures
Cons
Long hours, lack of staffing, budgetary issues
In high season time, during breakfast operation i have delivered the best quality service.
daily 9 hrs work + 1 hrs break. i learn how to engage with guest. management and co-workers are very friendly.