The Cheesecake Factory

The Cheesecake Factory Employee Reviews

Showing all 5,859 reviews

Hard to move up levels, as a kitchen manager the hours are long but the staff make it very rewarding. There is a lot of appreciation for the staff and they are celebrated for the work they do

Fine

The cheesecake factory is a fine place to work at. depending on your location, the tips are pretty good. The training period is a bit long which is a pain but other than that its fine

Fun work environment

If you enjoy customer service this is a good start. You get to learn a lot about customer service and can move up if you work hard enough. The downside is working weekends.

Good crew, terrible management

Overall, the crew there is amazing. They become a second family; however, management there is abysmal. They're never there when needed and micro manage constantly. They change the procedure of things weekly and they will punish you with poor shifts if your availability isn't to their liking. They also will give you a "breaker" shift if you're a server which is basically covering multiple sections a night while the servers go on break. During this you don't make any tips and you're there during the busiest hours. getting all the aggravation of being a server but with no tips. They also have fellow servers make the schedules so if you're not friends with them or if you don't kiss up to them, you will not have good shifts. Overall, I would not suggest working here.

Pros

Free bread and good tips

Cons

Incompetent management and unfair scheduling

Manageable

Will re work there , loved management very understanding hood scheduling. I had a lot going on in my life soon as I got the job my brother had past away and I was trying to balance work and home life they worked very well with me during my transition. If I ever go back into the cooking field which I am really thinking about if I can actually make a career out of it I will return to cheesecake seeking management

Pros

Eat free no break stress you need a break take a break

Cons

High intense kitchens very tight under staffed

Inconsistent

The restaurant really seemed to get worse with time. I worked there for a while and it just seemed the value of the workers no longer existed. I did not feel supported by management. It just seems that all they worry about is making the guest happy even when the guest ought to be kicked out and banned from the restaurant. I quit out of complete frustration, and it's really unfortunate because I liked the people and the money

Can be a fun place to work at

Had fun, but the cooks didn’t get paid enough for the amount of work that was done. Can move up in the company if you put in your time and work hard and show you care.

Pros

Free food, great co workers

Cons

Bad pay, not everyone got breaks

great work place

everyone is friendly, but working there does tend to get busy, especially on Fridays and weekends, the great thing about cheesecake is that if you're struggling on keeping up there's always someone there to help you out, whether is your co-worker, management, or server, busser. awesome place to work at :)

Management is decent, coworkers become your family

the way the company trains is awful. for bakers you get 5 days (shifts) before you are completely on your own on daily shifts and expected to know everything by then. coworkers are amazing and helpful and management is generally good, just depends on your location.

What is the best part of working at the company? Getting my shift over with and going homeWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company? Working with people who dontcwanna be team playerWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company? It stressful it has it ups buts mostly downsWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Every body is moidy on a saturday because of the manager

Caring workplace with lots of room to grow

This company likes to promote within whenever possible. They want to see you succeed and give you the tools you need. Lots of perks, you just need to ask. Pay could better though.

Pros

Discounts, flexible schedule, insurance benefits, free tuition

Cons

Pay could be better

Mucho trabajo y la paga es poca

Mi experiencia como busser n9 es muy buena en cheesecake, contratan muchos busser y al final se gana muy poco .Si trabajas un Domingo de 9:30am a 4:30 pm no te dan chance ni 10 minutos para comer .

Extremely busy

Was fun in the beginning but all in all, if money is your main motive then it’s the place for you but be prepared to give up all weekends/ holidays and must love all day shifts.

Pros

Money

Cons

Toxic environment

What is the best part of working at the company?My schedule until new management arrivedWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Dealing with bad managementWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Like home comfortableWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Always busy

Understaffed, underpaid

It’s high paced and a good paying job if pulling a decent amount of hours but management can be weird and the place never keeps staff. What could seem like a regular workload is doubled when there’s no coworkers or only a lazy few when helps needed.

It was ok

It was ok it couldve been better but hey what more do you expect from a food establishment. They staff are cool and the cooking is high speed. If i ever needed to go back i would.

Pros

Free meal everyday you work, beautiful ladies, nice pay

Cons

Faster paced, a little different

Good Job if you work hard/ethically, Supportive Management

If you work hard, commit to your team, and play by the rules you will make decent money and be treated fairly by the managers. Worked at 2 locations, both experiences were consistent. If you put in the work you will have ups and downs occasionally, but mostly ups... and mostly positive experiences.

Pros

Great teammates, managers, and busy

Cons

Wish they would add auto Gratuity for big parties

Great environment

Fun place to work at the timeLearned a lot about foodEnhanced my cooking skills having to learn food on a very huge menuStress at this job builds character

not sure what to say about this job overall

The work environment was really fun and most of the staff made you feel at home, but the management was terrible and our service was honestly bad as well. the restaurant was ran terribly and we were always understaffed, there is a reason they will hire you immediately with no previous experience. people quit very often as well.

What is the best part of working at the company?You make cash in hand, that's it What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The management is trash, and it's a true buddy systemWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Co workers are always great, the managers are trashWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Always busy, very fast paced, alot of shouting in the kitchen.

Buen restaurante

Es un buen restaurante recomendado para el público

Pros

Seguro medico privado

Cons

No hay descanso para tomar un café

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cheesecake Factory. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits