Tata Communications

Tata Communications Employee Reviews in Herndon, VA

Herndon, VA8 reviews
Professionally greet guests and customers. Maintained a clean and organized front desk and reception area. Maintained visitor registration records. Provided guest and employee badging. Answered main phone line and directed calls to the appropriate recipient. Sort & distributed mail to accounts payable for processing. Used excel to create and maintain spreadsheets for tracking of all bank deposits. Ship, receive and distribute the mail and packages for the office daily bases. Scheduling meeting room or events. Ordered catering and setup/cleanup. Maintained, cleaned, stocked, and ordered supplies for the kitchen and the office. Correspond with building management as needed to report and schedule facility maintenance. Assist in charitable donations request and planning. Maintain copiers/printers’ ink and paper supply as needed.
All those jerks you went to high school with? They work at Tata's Herndon office now. No training, no processes, no leadership, but lots of bullying and backstabbing. If you take a job here, the best day you'll ever have at this office is when you quit and finally say "ta-ta" to Tata.
Pros
Free booze at corporate events.
Cons
Drink up. You'll need it.
Very large company with large issues for US delivery. Can be very daunting supporting global initiatives. Processes need improvement. Most employees are good to work with.
Benefits were good. Flexible hours, worked remotely. Company overall did a lot of good charity work in India. Restructuring was a constant. Upper management questionable.
Awful Place - Do Not Work Here; Management is awful. The place is full of Indians from India. Some people have no mgmt skills. The company has brought in a CRO from CenturyLink which is a failed company too and Tata is going downhill.
• Escalation Point of Contact for Customers & Account Teams
• Provide Monthly Operations Service Review

• Provide Hands on Training to Assigned Customers, such as: General Motors & Uber

• Facilitate Weekly meetings with Assigned Customers to ensure process and procedures are maintained throughout the life of each customer’s contract

• My main GOAL is to build the perfect partnership with each of my customers, I have to deliver each time I am engaged by a customer. Once, this happens I have gained the customers TRUST, they now have that single point of contact no matter the situation. I feel I have a special talent because of my own life experiences, and my willingness to do whatever it takes to provide Exceptional Customer Service.
Pros
Great People to work with in my Organization
Cons
No cons
My day begins when I walk through the door. Check email, fill kitchen items: coffee, tea, water, snacks, etc. Distributing mail to appropriate employees, Processing expence reports. Assisting my manager in her daily duties.
A meshing - and clashing - of cultures. This company wants to expand out of India but wants to continue acting like an Intra-India firm. International customers are educating the company about what it means to meet global customer expectations.
Pros
great people
Cons
backwards management systems
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Tata Communications?