Staybridge Suites

Staybridge Suites Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,204 reviews

Good place to start for the beginning

Overall, it has been good place to begin to find your place. Because of schedule you can't have enough personal life and pay has never been raised even if you have improved much more than others and showed enough abilities to be promoted.

Pros

Free meal

Cons

No promotion, raise, no benefits

Poor management

What is the best part of working at the company?It was no best. It was the worst. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Not being able to do your job. It was very hostel.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?It was bad. And stressful. I will not recommend no one to work at this hotel.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Me picking up picking up lien without no help

Not a fair place to work

This hotel is nice Hotel off grid right off highway, the staff seem very rude and lack hospitality skills, especially in the breakfast department. The management is unprofessional, especially housekeeping department. They seem to hire within family mostly, so getting a job and keeping it is very rare. They try to push out good workers for friends and family. The front desk morning staff is very rude to employees, lacks people skills. I wouldn’t recommend working here!

Pros

Discounted room

Cons

Family within the staff

It was the best experience first 4 years and then turned into a draining job

What is the best part of working at the company?The hotel was amazingly kept and ran until 2018 I believe that is when it was bought out and ran by a mgmt company Western States. It has been horribly ran by multiple GM’s, horrible housekeeping staff who steals from guests and the sales team didn’t care about our long term valued guests (companies) who were long time clients but once it was bought out they changed everything and ran it to the ground. The upkeep was horribly kept up. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?They never had your back or was understanding What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Very hostile and toxic. The staff was always put against one another

Fun place to work, close knit crew.

Worked here for 10 years. While it has all the pitfalls of the hospitality industry, great management makes up for it. With many long term employees, it was a close team from Front Desk to Housekeeping, Maintenance and F&B.

Housekeeping (cleaning rooms )

It was okay while it last Not willing to raise pay Always out of supplies to work for housekeepers Poor management!Only want people They just want the staff to do their job no matter how many hours they work, especially on weekends, and when you reach 40 hours they try to give you fewer hours of work.

Decent

Decent pay and good hours flexible to fit your day to day, IE. Work mornings only, but poor management and organisation. Good workplace culture amongst colleagues.

My mindset was greatness. I spoke what my day would be like.

What is the best part of working at the company?Experience sometimes can be a great teacher. And not all places are the same..What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Getting the help you need at times.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?No response at this time. You can work with anyone What is a typical day like for you at the company?I was the head cook. I would be there at 4 or 4:30am everything is cooked fresh coffee and pastry and extras is done.

Not the best place to work at unless your satisfied with not receiving a raise for 2-3 years regardless of your work.

What is the best part of working at the company?Coworkers are nice to work with. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Trying to fix something that requires having to wait until corporate gives an okWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?It depends on how many in-house guest we have.

Fun at first felt appreciate at first until

Everything is fine at first but they had there favorites and the favorites got to do what ever they pleased but I wished that they put more effort into acknowledging the breakfast area the fact I did not get a correct uniform the whole time I was there

Fun laid back and get to meet new people everyday.

What is the best part of working at the company?The guest and my co-workers make it a great working environment. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The pay is only twice a month.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Very laid back and chill I love my job, but it is like any other job you deal with in Customer service it has its up's and downs.What is a typical day like for you at the company?It's different everyday but the same if that makes any sense? it's always the same as far as checking guest in and making sure we have all their request handled and their rooms set up to fit their needs.

Not a good one, I experienced some racist incidents against me.

What is the best part of working at the company?The guest politeness. Very nice guest.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?I felt uncomfortable due to being the only difference race and everyone their was family and they were clique up to help only each other.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?It was ok, not hard at all. Open to different cultures. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Clock in get clipboard , get my cart and clean each room listed.

Fun and warm

Very good interview. Other staff very good and friendly. Good payment for work. Management are very friendly and helpful lots of new things to learn and understand as new team member

Evey hotel offers the exact same thing customers are buying your customer service

What is the best part of working at the company?Me, because I raised occ and customer service scores within a month What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Not having a floater shift like 12noon 8pm on busy weekendsWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?There is no room for growth in housekeeping to front desk a 9 times out of 10 the GM or DOS are hired outside of the hotel with no idea with the Austin/Round Rock market is likeWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Working with the young staff and show them how to move up in the industry

Well managed hotel, mostly

This is the best managed hotel in Auburn in most categories. Overbookings are prevented by diligent attention from all employees, Housekeeping is wonderful, and the staff are all competent or, in most cases, more than competent at their jobs. If you're willing to commit to learning, they will teach you. Strong preference for promoting from within. The work life balance is excellent. Management really steps up to help out when life events happen.

Learn to speak Spanish it will help you there

What is the best part of working at the company?Working with the customer the staff has issues 😞What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The staff in house keeping very bad English What is the work environment and culture like at the company?I don't speak Spanish it was very hard What is a typical day like for you at the company?I don't know do speak Spanish

Not a very productive place to work

I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone ever again. They don't appreciate there employees like they say they do. Don't follow through with honoring there programs they offer there employees.

Pros

Don't appriciate there employees very much

Cons

Feed there employees

Decent Company

I enjoyed my first months helping bring up a brand new hotel from almost ground level to the point of Grand Opening. They had just started installing the doors and pool upon putting the hotel's first team together. I was prepared and ready to help the team in every facet from front desk, laundry/housekeeping, and food/beverage/breakfast attendant.This was my very first time working hospitality at a brand new hotel and I talked with others about the differences in how it was run in comparison with what others have experienced in other hotels.But to be honest, it was quite a lot of work, and part of it felt un-compensated, large tips were often taken from employees, and boundaries weren't always entirely respected.We worked as optimistically as we could as a team per management request, however, it only made work only so-so in work/life balance area.At most I give IHG hotels a 3.9 star rating for worker satisfaction. The brand, the company, should have more regard for workers, but I understand it was sometimes difficult to comply to COVID-19 regulations; still - with such a highly rated company, I expected more, and was sad at the end.

Pros

Free Food/other incentives

Cons

Short breaks/3 star work-life balance

Productive Easy Going Fun Workplace

Staybridge was great. Very professional staff and great benefits. The only thing I had an issue with was the scheduling as it wasn't flexible, but they would try to work with you as best as possible.

Buen trabajo

Solo es mucha presión y en ocasiones horas extras. Tienes que tener un alto sentido de atención al cliente, la paga podría ser un poco mejor. Se respeta tu hora de comida y hay prestaciones mayores a las de ley

Best compNy I ever work

Everything here is nice from management to co workers no stress coz everyone here is friendly the work is easy although I cook for 200 plus guest you still don’t feel crazy coz Even guest are nice there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Staybridge Suites. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits
  • Staybridge Suites
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?