Spring Hill Suites

Spring Hill Suites Employee Reviews

Good company to work for

This company is a good company to work for in the hospitality industry. It's less busy than major Marriott hotels so its great for people looking to gain hospitality experience.

Pros

decent pay, flexible schedules

Cons

customers

Productive work place

Love working their .A great place to work. They care about their employees. And yes I would work their again. Joy was a sweet sale person .and Aria was also cool always help use out when we were short hand on employees.

It's a great place to gane experience.

*Most have a strong mindset to work.*Management are very flexible.*Most have respect for your coworkers. *Most know to deal with difficult guest.

Pros

Management are very flexible and us the employees we look out for each other, we respect each other.

Cons

None. They will work with you if you need flexibility.

Poor pay

The pay is VERY poor for all the work they require. wouldn’t recommend. they always want you to work someone else shift never get a raise either. working here is like working for free.

Cons

Nice place for a first job

Its a good place to go, if youre wanting experience in the field. Pay could always be better, but it can get you by (somewhat) the management is friendly and very helpful

Not appreciated

They praise others for their work before they notice yours and that you're putting forth a lot of effort working 2 positions on top of being a single parent and part time student. Employee of the month is a joke because no matter how hard you work it's never good enough.

Nice workplace but staff is lacking.

It’s a nice area to work and the jobs aren’t too hard but it feels like everyone is out to get each other. No one is happy and somehow that always gets turned into your problem one way or another. Just stay in your own lane and try to avoid the drama as much as possible

Easy job but bad management

No proper training, under hours, don’t really feel like a family. I don’t feel comfortable working there but the pay is not so bad. A lot of red flags though.

Fast paced environment

Accommodations were made for me so that I could keep my job. Work has no room for friends. You can not be sensitive at work because the general manager does not care if your feelings are hurt in correcting wrong actions. The general manager has room for improvement on her communication skills. The hotel employees speak their mind in the office, so do not be sensitive about personal culture. The hardest part of the job is keeping on a brave face when work actions are being corrected. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting tips from guests.

pretty good job

This job was pretty standard. It pays nine dollars an hour wage, which was not enough pay to satisfy my bills. There isn't really any promotions but there is job security. The managers were super nice and cared.

Pros

good management, same schedule weekly

Cons

pay, no promotions

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Spring Hill Suites?

Amazing owners and management

This organization is amazing from the owners to the team. It's a small nit family. The great side they take care of their employees and appreciate them. Most of the staff have 5 years with the organization(hotel is only 5 years old so if that doesn't speak volumes). The ONLY down side at this point is no one is leaving so there is not room for advancement into management. (They do have plans for future expansion though). That is the ONLY DRAWBACK. Worth Hotels is a great place to work!!

Good company to work for

I liked working there good people great management every one was on hands with every one I really liked it there great place to work .every one was very nice

This job was a wash.

I worked as a laundry attendant at the hotel for almost 2 years. There was never enough staff so most of the time I was left to do the laundry all by myself. This made it almost impossible to ever get anything done, and it took a toll on my body. I was exhausted and in pain every single day. I would get berated by the housekeepers for not having laundry done, but one person can only do so much. Many of my laundry co-workers were lazy so I was doing the job of multiple people alone.The management didn't seem to care at all. I would voice my complaints about my co-workers going on multiple, long smoke breaks and about them just not working period, and they didn't do anything about it. Management could usually be found hanging out in the office eating and hanging out while everyone else was working hard. During the slow season, I loved the job. It was laid back and super easy to do alone. But during the rest of the year...

Pros

Job itself is easy, laid back, not micromanaged, low guest interaction

Cons

VERY physically exhausting, poor management

The favoritism of employees,Relatives being hired and lots of confusions.

My experience was unlike any other while being employe,I enjoyed my job and was always happy when I came to work but people who I worked with were not as secure as I was and it brought on animosity,gossip and a ill feeling while on shift,I ended my employment because the tension between one another was too much.

No support from management or coworkers

Very toxic work environment very toxic managers no support no supplies no cook they expect you to run the bar / run the kitchen with no pay not worth working there

Great Starter Job

This job is good for someone fresh out of High School or someone in College. The hours are low as well as the pay. There is no room for growth unless you have a degree. Protocol during covid was nonexistent and management did not enforce the mask-wearing. Was called a "sheep": for wearing a mask.

Horrible owners

Owners rather cut where they can. Owners are cheap and doesn’t believe it work ethic. Stay away from this property at Oakland airport. Owners prefer to pay someone cheaper for work that’s comparable to places that pays triple digits.

Pros

Cons

Everything about this property

Laid back place to work.

Great team to work with. They have made me feel welcomed .they are gay friendly. They pay more then most other hotels. Staff is friendly. If one speaks both English and Spanish that is very helpful.

Unprofessional. Always drama. Management plays favorites

No room to grow. No paid time off no paid holidays off, I’ve been there over a year and a half and haven't received any paid time off days built up. Benefits are horrible (another coworker told me about them. I do not get them) raises are impossible to come by. Management plays favorites and if you’re not one of the favorites life is miserable. They’ll just take days away from you they won’t tell you why. Other employees won’t recognize our head housekeeper and do as they please and our GM allows it. We’ve had our first meeting just the other day the one before it was over a year ago.

Uncaring and unsupportive

They don't care about you as an individual. Everything is guided and directed by the bottom line and making a dollar. There is no livable wage that is paid. They definitely try and get the employee to accept the lowest a possible. There is no consideration for quality of life or employee outside of the workplace.

Productive,fast paced at times,and fun at times.

Working at Springhill Suites can be challenging at times. It is a diverse staff and it gets hard to communicate with them. The management gives off a carefree attitude when there are complaints,and make the day a lil stressful. Overall the job is a piece of cake for me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spring Hill Suites. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits
  • Spring Hill Suites
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?