Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts Employee Reviews

Good company
Aviation representative (Current Employee) –  MuscatSeptember 21, 2019
Very good company , very good working environment , opportunity to work with different nationalities , good place to work , good place to learn , friendly environment
Success!
Colleague Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  MuscatJuly 14, 2019
The most rewarding part of the job is going to bed feeling at peace, knowing that I delivered your best and that I made at least 1 person really happy.
Pros
Flexible working hours.
Cons
Localisation.
Wonderful work place
Assistant Director - F & B (Current Employee) –  MuscatMay 8, 2019
Great work - life balance. Oman is a promising beautiful land and working in Oman is always a blessing. Great journey with Barr Al Jissah...and still enjoying every step
An excellent place to work with & good compensation.
Service Outlet Manager- Circles Pool bar (Former Employee) –  MuscatNovember 13, 2018
Challenging environment filled up with multi nationalities,driven by Core values & Guiding principles,excellent awarenes on food safety.
Huge property
Pros
All inclusion packages like;uniform, 3 time meal, accommodation, transformation & etc.
Cons
working under pressure, administrative work, staffing
I enjoined working with Shangri-La and proud to be part of Shangri-La Staff in my life time
HR Manager - Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Muscat, OmanOctober 15, 2018
EXCOM Management Team is respectable and I fell proud working with Shangri-La. There's a team work among staffs and we fell that we are real family no matter how challenges will be there. Strength in Policy & Process and Hotel Training. I get strong support and acknowledgement from my managers and treated with fair based on my performance as well as from my subordinates.
Pros
All 3 meals provided
Cons
Hotel Clinic is available at hotel and 24 Hrs Healthcare service
Good place to work and learn..management is very cooperative to the employees .
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  MuscatApril 4, 2018
Good place to work and learn..management is very cooperative, staff are taken care, career growth, positive energy, needs to adopt new generation working style with effective work.
Pros
All meals and others benefits .
Cons
Long hours sometimes .
in accomdation,less kitchen equipment you need to wait to next.recreation not enough....
Chef de Partie (Former Employee) –  MuscatDecember 4, 2017
-work in shangri-la is ok,little bit busy,we are working in hospitality.
-i learned from there is to respect the culture of omani nationals,they good and most of them understand english also thats why a lot of omani works in hotels..
-management its good,some of them are locals they are approachable but sometimes late actions..
-hardest part in my job there is when i work in restaurant in pool is small they dont have enough chillers and spaces thats why if busy time is very difficult we need to call main kitchen to bring some mis en plus.
-most enjoyable part of my job is to engage to the guest.
productive and multi tasking work place
Executive Chef Secretary (Current Employee) –  Muscat, Sultanate of OmanAugust 21, 2017
typical day at work - times goes so fast where you will be lost once you start opening your computer
what you learned - a lot actually -sometimes things that are beyond my job description
management - there are lots
workplace culture - working with diff nationalities; race; culture and belief is one big of an amazing opportunity
the hardest part of job - coming from your holiday... i guess
the most enjoyable part of the job - at the end of the day when you make people happy and when u accomplish most of your tasks
with cafeteria, billiard in accommodation and sports every off peak season etc
Asst. Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Muscat Sultanate of OmanJuly 18, 2017
I am really enjoy working with my previous company, management and my colleagues as well. I learned so many things which i will never forget most especially in Shangri-la Hotel & Resort, because they gave me the opportunity to grow and to achieved some of my dreams, of course with the help also with my team and my Senior Manager because i have seen an excellent example of leadership with him. They have been preparing me for sometime for the day that i would move into a management role.

The hardest part of my job is dealing with the arrogant, rude and fussy guest which is normally happen in all hotel industry. And my enjoyable part of my job is to surpass the expectation of guests every time they dined with my restaurant
Pros
Housing allowance, Electric, Water etc.
Cons
Health Care, Insurance
Challenging and Busy Workplace
hostess and waitress (Current Employee) –  Muscat, OmanJune 12, 2017
I currently working now as a Restaurant Receptionist (Hostess) in one the luxurious five star hotel and resort here in Muscat, Oman. I worked 7 days a week 2 days day off. I learned lot of things like working under pressured, accepting reservations from the guests, delighting the guest with extra mile. And most importantly meeting their satisfaction while they are still staying in the hotel. And giving respect to the arabic culture by learning and acceptance to their traditions and culture.
Pros
free staff meal
Cons
9 hours of duty
Good work and exposure
Chief Accountant (Current Employee) –  MuscatJune 3, 2017
Currently I am working in Shangri-la group from last 5+ years and got lot of exposure but at this stage felt a shady future ahead with stagnent growth.
Pros
Free meals, Accomodation and annual leaves with air fare
Cons
Fade future growth
Team leader
Service Leader (Former Employee) –  Muscat, OMMay 26, 2017
Good place to work, nice management
600+ rooms, 3 hotels for different guests.
Nice presentable rooms and cafes
Good location and friendly staff. Enjoy working.....
Resort full of paradise experience; home away from home, lots of fun
Service/Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Muscat OmanFebruary 12, 2017
Five star plus deluxe hotel. It is a holiday getaway destination with rock formation, overseeing the Arabian sea and a lasting memory. Worth visiting...
A multicultural environment with wonderful experience engaging with people from various countries in the world. Learning about their cultures.
Approachable and coaching management.
Hardest part of the job is the communication barrier, especially with nationalities that don't speak English. And the most enjoyable part is engaging, meeting and exceeding needs.
Pros
duty meals
Cons
9 hours
Supervisor- General Cashier (Former Employee) –  Muscat, Sultanate of OmanJanuary 13, 2017
The working environment is great, as we composed of different Nationalities, learning and coping up with different cultures and traditions, building friendship amongst colleagues from different countries.
Regarding our assigned task, its productive and a way of learnings. As I am assigned from 5 sections in Finance Department, in different nature of works, working sufficiently and efficiently. The ability and capability to work under pressure and independently is my skills in being productive.
Satisfy
Receptionist / Therapist (Former Employee) –  MuscatOctober 4, 2016
overall experience to work in Ritz Carlton was good. i got chance to learn and grow new treatments however i am looking for better opportunities for my career in future.
Fun but very hot
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  OmanAugust 12, 2015
It was amazing to work for such an establish company.
The weather in Oman was very hot.
The company gave me lots of good value of knowledge.
My co-worker and me work hand in hand with a positive mind set
Pros
Food & beverage is provided
Cons
Un lugar diferente y con muchas cosas que aprender
Executive Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Muscat, MANovember 7, 2014
Un dia normal de trabajo serian 12 horas de trabajo, assistiedo en el servicio de desayunos en la hora pico para un major fluids en el buffet, apartir del medio dia hacer las ordenes de vegetales para el dia siguiente y ayudar con el servicio del lunch, en la tarde espezar a preparar para el buffet de cenas
apredi muchos tipos de cocinas ya que es un ambiente multicultural
diferentes tipos de servicio a la carta y buffet
La direccion de la gerencia erea muy clara la satisfaccion del husped es lo primero
Trabajar en un abiente multicultural te alluda a crecer como persona
La parte mas dificil de trabajos seria motivar y ensenar a la jente local dodo que no tienen cultura de trabajo asi que es na labor diaria
Lo que mas me gusta de mi trabajo es que me permite atender a huspedes y me alluda a viajar
Pros
Boleto anual para mi y mi familia, covertura medica, accomodacion
Cons
No tenia covertura de escuela para mi familia
hotels
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Muscat, MAAugust 4, 2014
in a typical day we work only 9h not a hard work
i learned how to take responsibility
and about the managment it s good
and i don't think we have a hardest part of the jop
the mooyable part of the jop whene i feel the guest happy
Pros
Eating and housing at the expense of the company
Cons
salary not good
...............
chef de partie (Current Employee) –  Muscat, MAJuly 1, 2014
i lika to work with shangri -la hotel mangment is vary good my co workers nica and enjyable i learned the how is manag oll thig to do .
Pros
.............
Cons
......................
Muscat,Oman
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Muscat,OmanFebruary 19, 2014
Training all the staff
Acting assistant manager
All the operation update to housekeeping manager