Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts

Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts Employee Reviews

Rich in Culture and Hospitable
Shangri-la Hotels and Resort is a work exposure while working in a various of nationalities and world renowned. I enjoyed the team building activities with a great training program which can help a better environmental practices. Enhance my kitchen skills and more knowledge with regards of standard hygiene and safety training.
It is rich in culture, a friendly environment.

The management were actives and accommodating. Though the task was given was extremely stressful but it could help and gave me a challenged professionally, how to be flexible, dependable, self reliance and can managed your own as well.
Lesson for professional career
Shangri-La takes care of your career if your loyal to the company. Training's, Promotions & increments. 3 Years in Shangri-La will give a lifetime experience if you are leaving to other properties
Excellent experience
Being part of it was best years of my life. I learned a lot and met a lot of wonderful people. Its not easy but you learn to be the best at all times while maintaining good values
It was fun working there as there was lot of new things to learn
I belive it was great experience their was lot of new learning prctically learnt about diffrent culture of different nationalties there lots of other nationalties working as one family really enjoyed working there
Good company
Very good company , very good working environment , opportunity to work with different nationalities , good place to work , good place to learn , friendly environment
Success!
The most rewarding part of the job is going to bed feeling at peace, knowing that I delivered your best and that I made at least 1 person really happy.
Pros
Flexible working hours.
Cons
Localisation.
Wonderful work place
Great work - life balance. Oman is a promising beautiful land and working in Oman is always a blessing. Great journey with Barr Al Jissah...and still enjoying every step
An excellent place to work with & good compensation.
Challenging environment filled up with multi nationalities,driven by Core values & Guiding principles,excellent awarenes on food safety.
Huge property
Pros
All inclusion packages like;uniform, 3 time meal, accommodation, transformation & etc.
Cons
working under pressure, administrative work, staffing
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts?
I enjoined working with Shangri-La and proud to be part of Shangri-La Staff in my life time
EXCOM Management Team is respectable and I fell proud working with Shangri-La. There's a team work among staffs and we fell that we are real family no matter how challenges will be there. Strength in Policy & Process and Hotel Training. I get strong support and acknowledgement from my managers and treated with fair based on my performance as well as from my subordinates.
Pros
All 3 meals provided
Cons
Hotel Clinic is available at hotel and 24 Hrs Healthcare service
Good place to work and learn..management is very cooperative to the employees .
Good place to work and learn..management is very cooperative, staff are taken care, career growth, positive energy, needs to adopt new generation working style with effective work.
Pros
All meals and others benefits .
Cons
Long hours sometimes .
in accomdation,less kitchen equipment you need to wait to next.recreation not enough....
-work in shangri-la is ok,little bit busy,we are working in hospitality.
-i learned from there is to respect the culture of omani nationals,they good and most of them understand english also thats why a lot of omani works in hotels..

-management its good,some of them are locals they are approachable but sometimes late actions..

-hardest part in my job there is when i work in restaurant in pool is small they dont have enough chillers and spaces thats why if busy time is very difficult we need to call main kitchen to bring some mis en plus.

-most enjoyable part of my job is to engage to the guest.
productive and multi tasking work place
typical day at work - times goes so fast where you will be lost once you start opening your computer
what you learned - a lot actually -sometimes things that are beyond my job description

management - there are lots

workplace culture - working with diff nationalities; race; culture and belief is one big of an amazing opportunity

the hardest part of job - coming from your holiday... i guess

the most enjoyable part of the job - at the end of the day when you make people happy and when u accomplish most of your tasks
with cafeteria, billiard in accommodation and sports every off peak season etc
I am really enjoy working with my previous company, management and my colleagues as well. I learned so many things which i will never forget most especially in Shangri-la Hotel & Resort, because they gave me the opportunity to grow and to achieved some of my dreams, of course with the help also with my team and my Senior Manager because i have seen an excellent example of leadership with him. They have been preparing me for sometime for the day that i would move into a management role.

The hardest part of my job is dealing with the arrogant, rude and fussy guest which is normally happen in all hotel industry. And my enjoyable part of my job is to surpass the expectation of guests every time they dined with my restaurant
Pros
Housing allowance, Electric, Water etc.
Cons
Health Care, Insurance
Challenging and Busy Workplace
I currently working now as a Restaurant Receptionist (Hostess) in one the luxurious five star hotel and resort here in Muscat, Oman. I worked 7 days a week 2 days day off. I learned lot of things like working under pressured, accepting reservations from the guests, delighting the guest with extra mile. And most importantly meeting their satisfaction while they are still staying in the hotel. And giving respect to the arabic culture by learning and acceptance to their traditions and culture.
Pros
free staff meal
Cons
9 hours of duty
Good work and exposure
Currently I am working in Shangri-la group from last 5+ years and got lot of exposure but at this stage felt a shady future ahead with stagnent growth.
Pros
Free meals, Accomodation and annual leaves with air fare
Cons
Fade future growth
Team leader
Good place to work, nice management
600+ rooms, 3 hotels for different guests.

Nice presentable rooms and cafes

Good location and friendly staff. Enjoy working.....
Resort full of paradise experience; home away from home, lots of fun
Five star plus deluxe hotel. It is a holiday getaway destination with rock formation, overseeing the Arabian sea and a lasting memory. Worth visiting...
A multicultural environment with wonderful experience engaging with people from various countries in the world. Learning about their cultures.

Approachable and coaching management.

Hardest part of the job is the communication barrier, especially with nationalities that don't speak English. And the most enjoyable part is engaging, meeting and exceeding needs.
Pros
duty meals
Cons
9 hours
The working environment is great, as we composed of different Nationalities, learning and coping up with different cultures and traditions, building friendship amongst colleagues from different countries.
Regarding our assigned task, its productive and a way of learnings. As I am assigned from 5 sections in Finance Department, in different nature of works, working sufficiently and efficiently. The ability and capability to work under pressure and independently is my skills in being productive.
Satisfy
overall experience to work in Ritz Carlton was good. i got chance to learn and grow new treatments however i am looking for better opportunities for my career in future.
Fun but very hot
It was amazing to work for such an establish company.
The weather in Oman was very hot.

The company gave me lots of good value of knowledge.

My co-worker and me work hand in hand with a positive mind set
Pros
Food & beverage is provided
Cons
Un lugar diferente y con muchas cosas que aprender
Un dia normal de trabajo serian 12 horas de trabajo, assistiedo en el servicio de desayunos en la hora pico para un major fluids en el buffet, apartir del medio dia hacer las ordenes de vegetales para el dia siguiente y ayudar con el servicio del lunch, en la tarde espezar a preparar para el buffet de cenas
apredi muchos tipos de cocinas ya que es un ambiente multicultural

diferentes tipos de servicio a la carta y buffet

La direccion de la gerencia erea muy clara la satisfaccion del husped es lo primero

Trabajar en un abiente multicultural te alluda a crecer como persona

La parte mas dificil de trabajos seria motivar y ensenar a la jente local dodo que no tienen cultura de trabajo asi que es na labor diaria

Lo que mas me gusta de mi trabajo es que me permite atender a huspedes y me alluda a viajar
Pros
Boleto anual para mi y mi familia, covertura medica, accomodacion
Cons
No tenia covertura de escuela para mi familia
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3