Residence Inn by Marriott

Residence Inn by Marriott Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,638 reviews

New Management under Highgate

There is no accountability as people can do w.e they want without fear of repercussions. Management since the Highgate takeover has seem really disconnected.Property is small but experiences issues as if it’s a resort due to people neglecting their job duties

Pros

Close to home….

Cons

Bad management, no accountability, low pay, sub par benefits

Underpaid and Overworked

I’m sure it can vary by location, but my hotel has poor ownership and management that sets you up to fail. Overworked and underpaid for the multiple jobs you’re supposed to perform. Front desk? You are also housekeeping, security and bartender - all by yourself.

Never a dull moment

I left the hotel about five years ago but my time there was unforgettable. As the title says, there was never a dull moment. You are always learning something!

Good job, good people, average pay

I loved working at the Residence Inn in Braintree MA. The manager of the hotel was very kind and would treat employees very fairly regardless of the status of their position. Everyone in management was really kind and friendly and would love to have conversations about anything. Coworkers were easy to get along with and were hard working, always willing to help out however was needed. The job was hard work, especially when there were a lot of check outs on one day. 30 Minute lunch and two 15 minute breaks were provided, and were somewhat flexible on when they could be taken.

Meeting different from all over the world.

Too many steps for the Market. Guest, need to be more nicer. Stop being so rude. And bring your own shampoo and conditioner. That's weird to me.Managers are nice. Housekeeping staff is the best. Overall is feels like a family environment.

Cons

Pay is to low.

Stress

This job is not fair the manager plays favoritism as the supervisor couple associates ask for weekends of supervisor doesn’t approve but a couple people from her country plus easy job, Supervisor and manager expect you finish your job even if you not taking full lunch.

Very happy working at Residence Inn

Very happy working at Residence Inn. The training was excellent. Everyone works as a team and the management is professional and caring. Great place to work.

Lack of care about staff

Very difficult to reach anyone about any sort of benefits, lack of acknowledgement, selfish management, lack of opportunity for growth although courses you have to do talk about growth and newsletters sent out glorify promoting internally, if you arent favored it wont happen, high turnover rate. An educated person can't succeed here.

I didn’t like working there

The work is manageable. Just need to work on management and messy situation like a high school. Some people got their car broken in to. It’s not the worst place to work at, but I’ll never return.

review summary of a day an duties at Residence Inn!

a true family work environment!management doors are always open!It takes a team to accomplish daily duties and we are a team!The best part of the job is when guest appreciate the clean and fresh room that they are staying in!There is no downside working at Residence Inn.Everyday is a learning day!

Treated well and decent pay

Front desk has its challenges but that it any costumer service job. just come in do good work don't talk bad about people and things will go well for you here. starting pay is not bad for a hotel and if you stay and do good work the raises you get can be really good. after being there for about a year and a few months they just randomly gave every one who had been there be a while a good raise.

Pros

do not have to clock out for lunch so I get paid to eat. Flexible hours. Paid time off!

Cons

You have to stand a lot and that can get tiring, you can sit a little here and there, but you do need to be at the front.

Very tiring

I worked as an overnight auditor so i was tired most nights then you have to make breakfast because there was no kitchen staff but nonetheless the management was great they dont drug test and they give u a looot of hours just dont tell them you are fully available because they will work you to death

Management is supportive

Aside from the position of GM the front desk staff if very supportive of employees in the workplace environment and do their best to develop a strong culture.

No training, no communication, no management, no promised bonuses, no sign on bonus. Understaffed and unpaid.

This company promises to give their employees what they need to succeed and then Denys them breaks, training, overtime, bonuses. In my time there 3 managers and 2 employees quit. Instead of being a the receptionist I was also maintenance, kitchen and lobby cleaner, janitor, and housekeeping. With absolutely no appreciation which is something they say they commit to. They don’t. They only commit to what’s right for corporate which is keeping a skeleton staff.

Pros

Getting to know the residents whom I grew relationships with.

Cons

No breaks, No matching 401k, Their stock is doing poorly, No sign on bonus, Staff is resentful and uninviting, Communication is no existent, An extreme amount of favoritism from nepotism.

Lots of work, not enough people. Excellent managers

Lots of work, not enough people to do the work. Excellent managers. Tips okay, if the guests leave one... Coworkers like to laugh. Some guests leave food. Willing to give you time off when needed.

Pros

Respectful managers. Good employees. Repetitive drudgery gives you time to think.

Cons

Don't know about upward mobility. Cheap tippers, if they tip at all.

Cool atmosphere, friendly staff and a very good food,

Overall I am satisfied with the environment and the housekeeping manager and general manager are very friendly and appreciative of your work. And very good free food😁

Pros

Friendly environment and good food.

Cons

Little less houseman as per work.

Untrustworthy, dishonest management

VP of Operations for this franchise is completely dishonest, management will run you in circles making promises they do not intend to keep. Sad because the general work culture is awesome and the clientele is usually great. If you're a college student this is a good place for you to work for a year or 2 but nothing more. Don't expect them to take care of you.

Pros

Fun atmosphere

Cons

Dishonest upper management

Not inclusive

The managers all now each other from high school or are family making it very hard to feel accepted in the work place and they were always talking bad about the other staff

Pros

Cons

Minimum pay

They eliminated my position with no notice.

Disappointed. Management just care about themselves. Laid off then they eliminated my position and labeled it termination. Now banded at all Marriott

Musty hotel with very bad management

Bad Management, they don’t care about covid & dont clean properlySchedule is changed daily without noticeGM is a very rude and unprofessional person

Pros

Marriott discount

Cons

You barely get a break, bad management, dirty hotel

Great Management

I enjoyed working here. Management really cares about you. They do what they can to make you feel comfortable and included. Wish they had better benefits.

Pros

Fellow Employees

Cons

Benefits Lacking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Residence Inn by Marriott. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits
  • Residence Inn by Marriott
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?