Radisson Hotel Group Employee Reviews

Staff are amazing
Food & Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  BrunelMay 14, 2019
Food and Beverage Manage I am responsible for all F&B and day-to-day operations within budgeted guidelines and to the highest standards
Preserve excellent levels of internal and external customer service
Design exceptional menus, purchase goods and continuously make necessary improvements
Identify customers needs and respond proactively to all of their concerns
Lead F&B team by attracting, recruiting, training and appraising talented personnel
Establish targets, KPI’s, schedules, policies and procedures
Provide a two way communication and nurture an ownership environment with emphasis in motivation and teamwork
Pros
free meals on duty
Cons
Ok Hours
Radisson blu collection old town Edinburgh
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh,May 6, 2019
I worked as housekeeping.The third day when i started I cant find my things to work with So the housekeeping supervisor she isn t professional.We worked for a few hours
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Without equipment housekeeping.
Friendly and cooperative environment
Kitchen Porter (Current Employee) –  KitchenMay 2, 2019
Working in the Radisson Blu Hotel kitchen is a pleasure . Nice people with some skills. the kitchen is clean and organised. The Head Chef is a professional and skilled person. Nice atmosphere.
Pros
Free lunches
Learning experience
Manager Pre-Opening Operations (Current Employee) –  IndiaApril 2, 2019
My experience was being a F&B Operations expert and I joined the group to enhance my knowledge in other areas of a new opening/conversion property.
I can confidently handle a new project's opening with the experience I have gained from the organization.
Wack
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Bristol, BristolMarch 15, 2019
Dont apply for the job unless you wish to get mugged off, staff are great but management is poor, dipped salary, last changes, lack of communication and generally poor service when it comes to treating employees fairly.
Pros
Free lunches
Great Staff, Bad Management
F&D Assistant (Current Employee) –  BristolMarch 1, 2019
Staff are great and have made some good friends, management however is shocking - Very poorly run, no wonder they are reporting losses. You also have to fight for your pay, common practice for staff to be underpaid here. My advice would be to avoid them.
Pros
Free lunch (if youre given enough time to eat it)
Cons
Minimum wage, Poor Management
New management are absolutely awful
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  London, Greater LondonFebruary 26, 2019
I worked for this hotel group for 2 years. The original management were fantastic, one of the best mentors I’ve ever had but he left and the new management that came in crushed the team hired by the original management simply because they disliked or should I say were simply jealous of the previous management and their impressive achievements and vision. It takes a poor manager with blinkered vision to destruct and implode a working structure simply because they want to make their mark and because they disliked the previous management. They replaced it with a “if your face fits” culture and would witch hunt you out of the business if they simply didn’t like you especially if you were connected to the old management structure. I suffered from depression working for them. One of the worst companies ive ever had the misfortune to work for with a narsasitic bully heading it up. The way they treated some of my colleagues and myself was nothing short of pure wickedness
Pros
I left
work with fun
Executive (Former Employee) –  IndiaJanuary 29, 2019
The most enjoyable part was to interact with people .
Everyday you have something new to learn.
Everyday i enjoy my work with my colleagues .
They are providing staff discounts to all employees and they have friendly work culture
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short break
Very poor place to work
Maintenance supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bristol, BristolJanuary 4, 2019
I used to work in Radisson Blue in Bristol as a Maintenance Supervisor and I realised that this hotel is most racist managers in whole Bristol, there is so many managers there and no one is doing nothing, the6just makes the place worse, there is only Spanish and romanian managers and obviously they treat Romanian and Spanish people, don't go there, it's a waste of time!
Diverse and Busy work Environment
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHNovember 28, 2018
Excellent communication with management and staff
Great incentive programs and benefits
Room to grow
Work perks such as free tickets to concerts
Fun environment
Warning plzz don't join Radisson blu resort Fujairah
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Radisson blu resort FujairahNovember 27, 2018
Warning plzz don't destroy your career over here.i was a Rezidorian before for 5 years in dubai but this was my biggest nightmare to join Radisson blu resort Fujairah. Employees don't work there only trainees and casuals. I left within 1 month of joining and paid them. It's in a remote area where where normal life don't exist please avoid this place. People don't respect each other I saw staff leaving within a day dats why they have open day at nassima coz there is no transportation no public bus nothing taxi fare is more than 270 aed from dubai.i already left this place my life is back.
Pros
Cons
Accommodation is d worst no restaurant nothing
Wow
Head of Talent Acquisition and Management (Current Employee) –  Bengaluru, KarnatakaNovember 9, 2018
It is very nice to work in this organisation and it is challenging but fun to work with organisation. You get a proper work life balance. The most happening place in the outer ring road.
Don't work here
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West MidlandsOctober 16, 2018
I wasn't there long it was good to start then they started to take the mick and it's zero hour contract and wasn't told this when I signed up never got a uniform
Pros
Free meals while on duty
Cons
Half an hour break head housekeepers rude didnt listen i struggled so i asked for help they refused
Overall positive
Cluster Revenue Manager (Current Employee) –  Frankfurt am MainOctober 1, 2018
I like to work for Radisson Hotel Group. There are still so many possibilities to grow with the company and achieve targets together and be part of it. The team is very young and supportive.
Pros
Free parking
Depressing, stifled,
Demi Chef de Partie (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West YorkshireSeptember 20, 2018
On the surface Radisson Blu appears to be a smoothly running, luxury hotel this is not the case. Staff training is minimal, FOH are an ever changing cast month to month and staff retention is poor at best. My biggest gripe however is that promotions are not handled internally by the Head Chef, after asking to be considered for a promotion I was told this would be ok. Two months down the line nothing has come of this so after pressing further I was told the position didn't exist due to budget constraints but when it did I was welcome to apply for it. This to me was just presenting false opportunities in an attempt to placate myself which is ultimately why I left
Pros
Paid overtime
Cons
Disorganised top to bottom, lots of corners cut in the kitchen
Company in ownership Transition for 2nd time in 2 years
HR/Communications (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 11, 2018
Company is in a full culture reboot due to changing ownership. Working to create a flex-work environment that will be positive. There has been a full turnover of employees which is a positive move as company needs a new identification. Growth (on boarding hotels) has been flat but growth plan is aggressive and if successful can create a fantastic organization that will provide individual career growth.
Pros
Work-Life balance - flex schedule
Cons
Uncertainty of future due to constant ownership change
Staff are amazing but awful management.
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater ManchesterAugust 25, 2018
All the managers are horrible, they talk to you like trash, rush you when you’re doing your best and understaffed, pay is awful. They expect you to drop everything if they need you to work. I was told I shouldn’t make plans after work in case they need me to stay on (I was babysitting for my brother, hardly a plan). They don’t go by the rota, they call it a “guideline” and take the mick and ask you to stay extra time at the end of your shift, no notice.
Overall: awful place to work, no matter how much you need a job, don’t bother.
Pros
Free lunch, discount in hotels
Cons
Management, breaks, rota problems, basic respect
Some ghood people to work with
Pantry Chef (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 17, 2018
I love my job at the Radisson but Management is very bad, they do not take care of problems that arise in the work place. Need more employees. Very short staffed.
Pros
Good Health insurance, and paided time off
Cons
Don't enforce rules, no respect, to much back stabing, poor management.
Revenue Management Focus Hotel Company
Hotel General Manager (Former Employee) –  Saudi ArabiaJuly 18, 2018
I was reviwing from GOP Results to Customer Satisfaction KPI's.
Setting meetings to review KPI Results and plan actions to increase those results.

Our vision was creating good to great enviroment in short.
Pros
Reputable International Chain Company
Cons
Guest Focus could be better rather than GOP Focus.
Horrible place to work for
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  GlasgowJuly 13, 2018
I worked here for two weeks and only had 3 days of training told what to do didn’t even train properly and the boss was never off my back kept telling me she was going to pay me off if I didn’t speed up the atmosphere between staff members is horrible stay away don’t work here it’s slave labour

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Radisson Hotel Group. Our community is ready to answer.