Qatar National Bank Employee Reviews

Goal Oriented
Sales Officer (Former Employee) –  DohaApril 19, 2016
I am a goal oriented person and competitive and I try to make it sure that I did my job done before the end of the day. Focuses on target and initiates new strategy in order to hit or exceed the companies expectation
great organizational culture, spirit of innovation, professionalism that characterizes your firm and its employees
Team Leader-Collection & Recovery Department (Current Employee) –  dohaMarch 19, 2016
I have high-level communication and interpersonal skills and I am an effective leader, with the ability to work in a culturally diverse environment. I have a strong business focus as well as excellent people management and resource management skills
typical day of work
Head of Human Resources Department (Current Employee) –  Damascus, NBMarch 13, 2016
Due to my nature of work as Head of Human Resources Department in QNB (Qatar National Bank), i pass the day by receiving employees and follow up their needs, managing the HR Department functions with my subordinates, and prepare and update the HR strategies to be in line with the bank strategies.
my job in QNB give me a huge added value to my knowledge and skills, as i am working in an international bank.
The hardest part of my job but interesting is to resolve the problems of employees. really, i enjoy my work as it's challenging job, and there is always something new in our work.
Pros
the nature of my work
Cons
due to the current situation in syria and the current sanctions in syria, there is a very limited work in the bank
Productive and challenging environment, that aspires you to succeed
Senior Regional HR Business Partner, Asia (Current Employee) –  QatarJanuary 12, 2016
Productive and challenging environment, that aspires you to succeed. QNB provide competitive salary and good work life balance supported by out senior management team
Loosing time and efforts without clear vision
Head of Global Transaction Banking (Current Employee) –  Tunis, TunisiaDecember 6, 2015
I am currently levereging my Trade Finance past and extensive experience to trigger my present exciting challenge as Global Transaction Banking Head aiming at setting up a new profit center among Corporate banking Department.
Pros
Global Bank, Great support
Cons
No vision, poor visibility on the organizational structure
Amazing Place to Work
Head of Business Development (Current Employee) –  QatarAugust 11, 2015
Sales and Marketing of Investments
Relationship Building and Management
Wealth Management
Internal and External Audit Issues
Compliance and Admin Issues
proffessional
senior officer cash and clean payment (Current Employee) –  Doha, DAWApril 5, 2015
review and authorize outgoing and incoming payments
handling and realize specials payments in OFAC after investigations
we have very friendly teams
Pros
professional and organised bank
Cons
not good salary
Good but bureaucratic
Charge Back Executive- Section Head (Current Employee) –  CairoFebruary 16, 2015
Technical Management and Banking System Services in a banking industry, with my most focus as a Charge Back Executive and Branch Support in the E-Payment Operations.

*Checking my work mail, handling the newly received tickets and take the needed follow-up action in the old cases
*I learned problem solving, time management and persistence
* Management is so bureaucratic and not proactive in taking decisions
*We are all so cooperative and helpful with each other
*The hardest part of the job is going and returning from work because of the long distance driving at rush hours
*The most enjoyable part is while digging and solving an abnormal case
Pros
Medical insurance package
Cons
Bureaucracy at taking decisions or solving problems
Customer Service supervisor
Customer Service supervisor (Former Employee) –  syriaOctober 10, 2014
B. Customer (Internal & External):
- Enhance the Group’s image through pro-active customer-driven servicing of their needs in support of the goal of exceeding customer expectations.
- Monitors service quality indicators and takes corrective measures to ensure highest level of customer satisfaction and ensures all problems/complaints/queries are handled quickly, efficiently and tactfully.
- Resolves escalated customer complaints and ensures timely resolution of the same
- Aims to increase bank’s market share by ensuring high level of service and meeting the turnaround time for various processes as laid down.
- Provide timely and accurate information to the external and internal auditors and the Compliance function as and when required.
- Drives sales of new products ensures proper documentation of applications and tracks sales targets to achieve growth.
- Provides cross-sell leads to sales teams and ensure timely follow-up to ensure conversion.
- Build and maintain strong and effective relationship with the all other related units to achieve the Group’s goals/objectives.
C. Internal (Processes, Products, Regulatory):
- Act as the first point of contact for customers, especially for new customers, answer their queries and provide information about various products and services offered by the Group.
- Maintain customer services area files, database, records, registers and logs under control.
- Provide authorizations and downloads as necessary to ensure smooth running of the daily work.
- Coordinate with Tellers on an “as is needed” basis to ensure smooth operations,
  more... and timely and friendly service delivery.
- Lead and direct the daily activities for Customer Service unit including, but not limited to;
- checking customers’ applications for different types of products and services,
- checking loan applications and loan agreements before submitting the same for approvals,
- authorizing customers’ signatures,
- authorizing the daily work of the customer services staff,
- following up dormant accounts especially debit accounts,
- preparing management reports such as monthly opened/closed accounts.
- Ensures implementation of all audit recommendations and minimizes occurrence of any deviations during audit checks
D. Learning & Knowledge:
- Identify related areas for professional development of self and others.
- Take decisive action to ensure speedy resolution of unresolved staff grievances or conflicts within the team.
- Ensures CSO's in the branch are trained with all the process related to customer service within specified TAT
Possess a superior knowledge of branch customer service management and provide training to the customer service team as and when needed.
- Provide training to the customer services team as and when needed and solve difficulties beyond their expertise.
E. Other:
- Ensure high standards of data protection and confidentiality to safeguard commercially sensitive information.
Good and friendly environement
Head of Operational Risk Enforcement (Former Employee) –  Doha,June 3, 2014
Good place with work and life balance.
As the company grows there is room for growth.
Pros
Straight shift work, good salary
Cons
None specific
Not-so-productive environment with lots of ambiguities
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Doha, DAWJune 29, 2013
 Involved in building and maintaining end-to-end Business-Technology relationship.
 Proficient in Requirement Gathering from Business stakeholders, and translating to Technical stakeholders, through documenting Business Requirements, Functional and Non-functional specifications and hands-on involvement in data analysis sessions.
 Managing multi-year projects on implementation of comprehensive Risk Management & regulatory Reporting tools and process workflows through conceptual understanding and updated market knowledge about Credit Risk, Market Risk and Operational Risk.
 Implementation of RiskOrigins & RiskFrontier, an integrated, workflow-driven Credit origination & Credit Risk Assessment platform that allows QNB to streamline and standardize their entire commercial lending underwriting process that covers loans, bonds, CDOs, credit default swaps, basket default swaps, retail credit lines, retail loans, equities and exposure profiles across asset classes.
 Managing migration of Basel-II reporting & Dodd-Frank (DFA-CPA) from manual to automated frameworks in QNBCapital.
 Interacting with Chief Risk Officer, Country Heads, Risk Management teams and other Stakeholders across the MENA region, UK, France and Singapore offices to understand the current Basel-II & Dodd-Frank frameworks as-is and help QNB management formulate a strategy for to-be through the proposed Reporting framework to facilitate Country-level and Regional-level Regulatory Reporting.
 Responsible for the Gap Analysis and feasibility study in order to implement Basel-III in QNB.
 End-to-end management
  more... of and involvement in business analysis, Quality Assurance and SIT/UAT of QNB’s Customer Loyalty Management application. Responsible for managing and negotiating business rules with 2 different external vendors. Working simultaneously with the Technical team to facilitate the application development.
 Working in Tandem with Group CFO for creating Balance Sheet Hierarchy for existing and new products, with cautious vigilance towards feasibility, techno-functional compatibility and growth plan for the business.
 Suggested key improvements for Process Automation applications which enhance the data warehouse of the bank.
 Coordinated with various Stakeholders including management to resolve requirement and implementation issues within an aggressive timeline.
Fun workplace
Risk Consultant (Former Employee) –  Doha, QatarJuly 26, 2012
Although my stay with QNB was very short but I had opportunity to learn a lot. I enjoyed working there. My manager was really helpful and he made all the difficult assignments look so easy. My co-workers were very helpful when I started my assignment there. Most enjoyable part of the job was team work. Everybody was a team player and gave their best when it came to meet deadlines.