Progressive Recruitment Employee Reviews

performance driven culture. moet je liggen.
Managing Consultant (Current Employee) –  AmstJuly 20, 2019
+ bonus structure
+ incentives
+ visie en duidelijke propositie
- KPI driven management
productive and great workplace
Mechanic/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJune 28, 2019
As a third party contractor for progressive global energy , the work and hourly pay was amazing , i was at the Schlumberger facility in Denton Texas and they treated us fair and impartial .
Pros
amazing communication skills
Cons
zero health care as a third party contractor
Good
Principal Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 20, 2019
Good experience while working as a contract employee and good staff to work with and overall it was a very good experience. It was a very positive experience.
temp job
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 6, 2018
good group of people to work for. this was only a temp job to get me stay where I was at until a job opened up where I was at. I would recommend progressive to anyone.
Pros
steady job
Progressive: A Last Resort To Employment
Watchstander (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2018
Progressive Recruitment...Progressive Global Energy...whatever you may call it. A company whose ideology is that people are (and should be) interchangeable widgets and that if the correct procedures are in place, anyone can do the job. A quality company is about supporting it's employees. High quality people do high quality work.

It's about time this company starts paying their employees a livable wage in Houston, Texas (the fourth largest city in the United States).
Ten dollars an hour is not a livable wage. As the industry gains momentum, employees will inevitably leave at the first opportunity because Progressive fails to keep up with industry demands. I fear for the assets and contractors that rely on Progressive to provide quality candidates when they fail to pay their employees a livable wage.

Low morale and complacency will eventually lead to failure.

The hours are week-on/week-off 2:30AM-2:30PM. A dangerous time for employees to commute as bar patrons flood the roadways.

Whether you're a company or a contractor, I'd recommend avoiding Progressive.
Pros
Intelligent and responsive work colleagues.
Cons
Unlivable wage, corporate bullying during wage inquiries, zero room for advancement.
helpful staff
Project HSE Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gulf Of MexicoOctober 27, 2018
Good place to work , staff very helpful unfortunately worked one project with them . Don't have anything for me since Dec 2015 . Hope business picks up
Pros
good help when you needed
Cons
not enough work for me
Not helpful when needed
Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX 77010September 28, 2018
When I started we where having some major communication problems. They tried to brush it off on the company I was going to work for but I think they could have done much better.
After I started work I was told that if there was any problems it was there job to help me find another position. Do to some accounting errors with the company I was working with many people where let go because they lost a lot of business. Going off of what I was told I let them know and now I wait.
I have stopped receiving call backs and don't get any response to my emails so I guess they have decided not to help me.
Pros
Seem like good people
Cons
Poor Communication to the poit you just give up
Just a Job
Designer/Drafter (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 9, 2018
Progressive is a contract staffing agency. Staff is friendly and seem helpful but are somewhat unorganized. They are not fully forthcoming with information or just don't have all the facts when asking about contracts or job placement. Once your contract is in effect and you are working everything does flow smoothly. Communication is hit and miss as you can't leave voicemails for urgent issues. Progressive does seem to be a good place to work for once you get past some hurdles at the beginning of each contract.
Pros
Pay, Placements at Good Co's.
Cons
Contract Issues, High Insurance Costs, Communication
Worst Company EVER
Contractor (Former Employee) –  East CoastApril 6, 2018
Progressive Global Energy stopped paying my per diem and never bothered to reach out and inform me until 3 weeks later. They will promise you the world and deliver nothing.
Poor Management
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 5, 2018
potential to advance quickly. Poor Management and bad leadership
long hours but if you put the work in you will be rewarded
low salaries but good incentive trips
productive
Offshore Safety Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 4, 2018
I was working as a safety consultant hired by global energy offshore . I was not involve in the office I was on a vessel as contractor to EMAS offshore who were using Progressive Global Energy
Pros
good money
Cons
short project
Productive and educational
Warehouse Operator (Current Employee) –  New South WalesAugust 26, 2017
I find working for progressive has opened me up to alot opportunities. Showed me things i never new gave me skills i never had. With the skills and abilities while working for progressive i would like to branch out and do more.
Pros
Opportunities to upskill my self. Good wages and good people
Cons
To robotic and not being able to make change
Takes care of contractor consultants
Senior Field HSSE Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Williston, NDJune 2, 2017
When I have a questions I always get an answer right away or the problem is resolved. Great solid company to work for. The company has gone above and beyond to assist/correct any issues regarding pay.
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater LondonJanuary 17, 2017
Really great place to work, great career progression, good bonus and commission structures. Good Employee value proposition and Career with purpose. Very enjoyable. Great, hardworking fun people. Very hard, need to be extremely resilient.
Pros
Good career progression
Cons
Base salaries not competitive
harde sales wereld
Recruitment consultant Supply Chain & Procurement (Current Employee) –  AmsterdamOctober 25, 2016
Goed bedrijf om alle sales technieken snel onder de knie te krijgen
Pros
mooie feestjes
Cons
Laag basis salaris
Not an energy company. Misleading ads
none (Former Employee) –  noneSeptember 12, 2016
Most of their ads make it sound like they are an energy company that is hiring but they are a "recruiting" company. They call every day, ask the same stuff over and over and never really have a job for you.
They should be made to plainly state in all ads that they are recruiters. For no one.
Terrrible Envionment
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  BirminghamSeptember 12, 2016
Immature culture, terrible management and environment. I would not rate this environment highly for any sensible graduate who is looking to start a career in recruitment.
Be ready to drink often.
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  ParisJuly 14, 2016
Resilience is the key for this job. Not a place to be if you want a typical 9am to 6pm day at work.
Low basic salary, but possibility of high bonus after a certain time.
kinda rough atmosphere due to bad management of certain manager.
Pros
Parties
Cons
job work / life balance
No communication
Safety tech (Former Employee) –  Runge, TXFebruary 7, 2016
I would not recommend them to any other Safety Person these people work you till you get laid off then they don't know you any more they lie and give you the run around. Recruiters sitting on jobs and not working a person the recruiter will call other people you was working with and will offer them a job knowing they are already working.
Pros
None to talk about
Cons
Bad communicators
Old School Recruitment
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 1, 2016
Management has an incredibly old-school approach to recruitment.
People are micro-managed, encouraged to manipulate clients, and are belittled for having low call times.

The company has not found it's way into the 21st century yet.
They are the only downtown employer I know of that does not pay for parking. People are reprimanded for leaving a minute before 12:00 for lunch or for coming in a minute after 1:00 from lunch. They refuse to update outdated computer systems which affect productivity (ex: they haven't updated from Word 2002).

The pay is 30k for new recruiters, and even though they insist that commission will allow you to double your take home, it's just not true. There are a very small handful of people in the office who make the majority of the money, and they have their market corned off. Everyone else makes peanuts because they are limited by the market they work.

It's just not worth your time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Progressive Recruitment. Our community is ready to answer.