Pfizer Inc. Employee Reviews for Administrative Assistant

Found 67 reviews matching the search See all 4,952 reviews
Learning Curve
Quality, Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Groton, CTApril 8, 2019
My day started very early to prepare for the morning meetings. I learned safety procedures and strict guidelines for a medical giant. The culture was in the beginning stages of equal rights and females in power. The hardest part was getting all needed signature to complete my task. The best part was the people and the proximity to my home at the time.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
A male oriented facility at the time
Fast-paced
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 23, 2019
The culture at Pzizer is changing as we speak. There is never a dull moment. There are many opportunities to learn but you must go after it; otherwise, you will miss out.
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAJanuary 3, 2019
challenging and fun place to work. If you like to work hard and work well in a team this is a great place to start. Pfizer hires only the best. Pfizer has great leadership...
Do not wish to provide a review
Administrative Assistant VII (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 2, 2019
At this time, the only review I wish to provide is that Pfizer was a good company to work for; however, over the years, it has declined in the care of employees and being promoted from an hourly employee to a salary employee was very hard.
Multicultural professional yet a family
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Singapore, SGDecember 5, 2018
Being given a chancwe to rotate different departments as an attachment, I learned how each department are interconnected and that teh value to work individually and as a team is very important. Typical day in my case has ot be organized with email checking and traffic internally. Workplace culture promotes a professional yet family type of environment, being open and helpful to each other. Hardest part was not really hard but was more of a challenge whenever we hold events for a product launchin which requires a lot of presentation and energy which goes to be teh most enjoyable part.
Administrative
Administrative Assistant t (Former Employee) –  Morris Plains, NJOctober 31, 2018
Administrative Duties which included receiving and processing orders on the computer...telephone ..fax...speaking to sales agents and managers ...helping them with their everyday needs...
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
short lunches
Very collaborative productive work environment.
Administrative Assistant (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJOctober 30, 2018
Talented and well trained individuals as colleagues at all levels. Regular typical workdays. Responsible, reliable and positive partnership. Sharing network contacts and being supportive to others.
Pros
The tone of the day was always upbeat and friendly.
Cons
The InnoPharma-Pfizer site closed.
Tasks are manageable
Adminstrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  DubaiSeptember 6, 2018
A day at the office is to manage the calendars of my team, make sure that they have what they need, especially if they have meetings. I also check if team members have to travel soon. If there are team members traveling, I assist them with their flight and hotel bookings and also visa processing if needed.
My team has been really great and accommodating. They are fun to work with.
Pharmaceutical
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 20, 2018
Excellent benefits.
Prepare various reports for the field
The meaning of the black box, warnings, regarding various medications.
Top notch staff.
In Flux
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILAugust 13, 2018
When I was there, company was still in transition from having purchased Hospira, which created stress and uncertainty among the employees. The people are what makes Pfizer in Lake Forest a good company to work at. Pfizer made major improvements to the work environment and engaged the employees before making those changes. The transitional period was rather stressful. My division was sold to another company so I was with Pfizer briefly.
Pros
The people
Cons
Too much uncertainty
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 6, 2018
Worked while going to college, worked weekends learned a lot.
Filled on going studies, worked with 3 others if I worked week days but for the most part I worked alone Saturday and Sunday
Adminstrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant to VRD Execs. (Former Employee) –  Pearl River, NYMay 3, 2018
I was a Admin brought in to cover for another Admin on Secondment. Very positive place to work with great supportive co-workers. Productive and fun employee involvement, volunteer and team building activities. Good opportunities to learn and grow. Teamwork and support for each other is important.
Pros
Supportive and Encouraging environment
Cons
Management needs to decide what they are looking for.
Corporate
Administrative Assistant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 5, 2018
This is a very corporate work environment. It is imperative to be able to conform to their culture. They have been successful at doing what they do.
Pros
there is a cafeteria on the premises
Cons
very corporate
Good work place and with happy people around. Nice place to work.
Encoder, Admin assistant (Former Employee) –  Internet City, DubaiFebruary 27, 2018
I wish I have extended my stay and work with Pfizer, though I understand the need to release some people but I wish the Company to grow more and to start employing more people as it will help both the company and the workforce.
Pros
Nice multinational company, good people
Cons
Not enough time for me to extend my work.
Very good company. People are very friendly and care about each other
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILFebruary 6, 2018
I started as a contractor 18 months ago. Pfizer has a strict rule that contractors can only be here 18 months. they have a hiring freeze on otherwise I would have a position here. My manager has worked hard to open the freeze.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Have open concept of cubes. Can be noisy at times.
Good
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 25, 2018
Busy. Friendly environment. Willing to train you. Great location. Some managers like to micromanage. There is a sense of teamwork. It all depends on the department you work for.
Pros
very good place to work
Cons
some managers think they're God
Average at best - poor management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peapack, NJDecember 26, 2017
Very poor management and a culture of keep your head in the sand and do your job.If it weren't for the management team, and fear of lay offs, it would be an acceptable place to work.
Pros
Clean working environment.
Cons
Poor management. Job isolation, everyone keeps there heads down & in the sand
Loved it!
Adminstrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 8, 2017
Great place to work and the staff incentives and perks were awesome!!! This company treats everyone with respect, appreciation and professionalism. I could only hope every employer was like this!
Horrible Work Place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Groton, CTNovember 9, 2017
People are so unhappy that they are actually nasty to each other, the open work environment is the worst concept in the industry. All employee amenities taken away. They would take vacation days away if they could get away with it. The medical benefits are so expensive that they are ridiculous, while the higher ups get millions in bonuses.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peapack, NJNovember 1, 2017
Great company to work for. It was a temporary position, therefore, I had no benefits. I had some great managers. Love the company and my co-workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pfizer Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2