Petrofac

Petrofac Management reviews

Oman17 reviews
A good working experience with different ethnic work groups
You are required to be self driven else you would one amongst the lot! Once you gain the confidence of the management you are given a free hand with good support from all around. Expecatations are high but the returns vary from site to site and boss to boss.
Overall, a great place for the youngsters to gain knowledge with most advanced features of learning opportunities.

Experienced personnel have to prove their consistency to be in the race of gaining excellence.
Productive and Enjoyable
Staffs and Subcontractors are very much qualified in Petrofac. You will find the right skills for the jobs selected. Management is very transparent to deal with. The HSE and work culture in Petrofac is commendable.
No career enhancement
Contract employees will not get bonus or salary increment,No overtime,needs to work on fridays free of cost.
Positive observations

No stress at work

Salary on time

Food is ok

Supporting staff at work.

Good Management
Job Security
I am working for Petroleum Development Oman as part of Construction Management Services team. Petrofac is the only company in Middle East having sufficient jobs for construction professionals.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Salary not as per International Standards
Senior Quantity Surveyor
A solid 26 years working experience in several reputed Oil & Gas / Construction organizations with strong skill of Cost Estimating, Cost Management, Contract Management (post tender), Quantity Surveying and Cost Engineering.
secure & Productive
Good management always look into employee's safety and care for employees health. More focus on HSE.
I am learning many new subjects during a typical day here particularly when I am on Field observing how our engineering and design are getting realized. There are many lessons to learn enable us implementing in our future tasks.

We are coordinating, supervising the job accompanied by attending technical meetings internal and client.

Our Company is one of those multinational Companies;hence, my co-workers are from different countries, American, European, Indian, Philippians, All Asia and middle east, African, Australian, and etc.

Actually, I do not see any major difficult part in our job because, I really like my job and enjoying with it. The most enjoyable part for me is when I can finish one task successfully and transferring to other project for my new involvement.
Pros
Free food & recreation.
Cons
Good breaks.
The change in workforce is chalangeing.
The day is long due to the constraints placed by the environment and temperature. Petrofac try to ensure that the workplace is acceptable, but this is a hostile and high pressure site. Which sometimes means that individuals try to cut corners.
Thus often results in construction to safety conflict. This was when the company has shown that they do believe that safety is paramount.
Pros
a learning curve on workforce diversity.
Cons
The remote location.