Petrofac Management reviews

Job Security
Senior Planning Engineer (Current Employee) –  MuscatSeptember 1, 2018
I am working for Petroleum Development Oman as part of Construction Management Services team. Petrofac is the only company in Middle East having sufficient jobs for construction professionals.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Salary not as per International Standards
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Sr. Quantity Surveyor (Former Employee) –  OmanDecember 4, 2017
A solid 26 years working experience in several reputed Oil & Gas / Construction organizations with strong skill of Cost Estimating, Cost Management, Contract Management (post tender), Quantity Surveying and Cost Engineering.
secure & Productive
Sr. QA/QC Civil Engineer/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Sultanate of OmanMay 20, 2017
Good management always look into employee's safety and care for employees health. More focus on HSE.
I am learning many new subjects during a typical day here particularly when I am on Field observing how our engineering and design are getting realized. There are many lessons to learn enable us implementing in our future tasks.
We are coordinating, supervising the job accompanied by attending technical meetings internal and client.
Our Company is one of those multinational Companies;hence, my co-workers are from different countries, American, European, Indian, Philippians, All Asia and middle east, African, Australian, and etc.
Actually, I do not see any major difficult part in our job because, I really like my job and enjoying with it. The most enjoyable part for me is when I can finish one task successfully and transferring to other project for my new involvement.
Pros
Free food & recreation.
Cons
Good breaks.
The change in workforce is chalangeing.
Deputy Safety manager (Current Employee) –  OmanMay 17, 2017
The day is long due to the constraints placed by the environment and temperature. Petrofac try to ensure that the workplace is acceptable, but this is a hostile and high pressure site. Which sometimes means that individuals try to cut corners.
Thus often results in construction to safety conflict. This was when the company has shown that they do believe that safety is paramount.
Pros
a learning curve on workforce diversity.
Cons
The remote location.