Petrofac

Petrofac Employee Reviews

Oman19 reviews

Found 19 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,021 reviews

A lot of political grouping

The previous management was so political and grouping, backing up employees only if they can benefit from them not considering the qualifications nor role experience. I hope the new management is better than the old.

Lesson learnt

Company is devided into gangs based on nationality dominating each function. If you are not one of these your entry or lifetime inside will not be stable. Also even if you work as manager but your grade is not manager grade they will not give you an experience certificate based on your actual work. Better to ask for hardship allownces than facility like hotel if you are promoted for deputy in other location because that will be reflected to your end of service in case of leaving the company.

Pros

Company Reputation

Cons

Salary is not increasing despite the assigned responsibilities

A good working experience with different ethnic work groups

You are required to be self driven else you would one amongst the lot! Once you gain the confidence of the management you are given a free hand with good support from all around. Expecatations are high but the returns vary from site to site and boss to boss. Overall, a great place for the youngsters to gain knowledge with most advanced features of learning opportunities. Experienced personnel have to prove their consistency to be in the race of gaining excellence.

Productive and Enjoyable

Staffs and Subcontractors are very much qualified in Petrofac. You will find the right skills for the jobs selected. Management is very transparent to deal with. The HSE and work culture in Petrofac is commendable.

Having more than 21 years of experience in Upstream Oil and gas

Excellent company to work with Shell Muscat. Having very good work culture. Got rich experience on many mega Feed and detailed design projects. Also mainly sour gas project

no comments

Petrofac is the right company that help to those young professional who have goal in life. It is the company that need practical professional engineer.

No career enhancement

Contract employees will not get bonus or salary increment,No overtime,needs to work on fridays free of cost. Positive observations No stress at work Salary on time Food is ok Supporting staff at work. Good Management

The Company provides full support and provision to all employees. they have shown flexibility and aim more on the growth of employee through trainings

Job Security

I am working for Petroleum Development Oman as part of Construction Management Services team. Petrofac is the only company in Middle East having sufficient jobs for construction professionals.

Pros

Job Security

Cons

Salary not as per International Standards

Senior Quantity Surveyor

A solid 26 years working experience in several reputed Oil & Gas / Construction organizations with strong skill of Cost Estimating, Cost Management, Contract Management (post tender), Quantity Surveying and Cost Engineering.

Very good Exposure

Fresh Grads will get very good exposure and opportunity to develop their skills

Excellent company for beginners

There is no major negatives Excellent for young dynamic engineers. Only personal issue is that , relocation happen after each project to different countries. This situation creates constrains travelling back home

secure & Productive

Good management always look into employee's safety and care for employees health. More focus on HSE. I am learning many new subjects during a typical day here particularly when I am on Field observing how our engineering and design are getting realized. There are many lessons to learn enable us implementing in our future tasks. We are coordinating, supervising the job accompanied by attending technical meetings internal and client. Our Company is one of those multinational Companies;hence, my co-workers are from different countries, American, European, Indian, Philippians, All Asia and middle east, African, Australian, and etc. Actually, I do not see any major difficult part in our job because, I really like my job and enjoying with it. The most enjoyable part for me is when I can finish one task successfully and transferring to other project for my new involvement.

Pros

Free food & recreation.

Cons

Good breaks.

The change in workforce is chalangeing.

The day is long due to the constraints placed by the environment and temperature. Petrofac try to ensure that the workplace is acceptable, but this is a hostile and high pressure site. Which sometimes means that individuals try to cut corners. Thus often results in construction to safety conflict. This was when the company has shown that they do believe that safety is paramount.

Pros

a learning curve on workforce diversity.

Cons

The remote location.

Productive and forward thinking atmosphere

People are focused about the job at hand and at the same time open to new ideas to optimize the resources. And this all is not at the cost of client satisfaction.

Pros

exposure in the field

Cons

no cons

Good company to work safe

 Remind all employees about companies golden rules  Monitoring, observing and finding the safe and unsafe acts to take corrective actions.  Conduct risk assessment talks before starting of work.  Motivate employees to work safely always to go home safe.  Reporting and rectification of unsafe acts by informing the SUB contractors safety personnel’s immediately

Good Place for Opportunity

Petrofac is a Good place for Opportunity to be in Project. Technical opportunity is excellent and Work culture is good and need to progress.,,,,,,,,,,,

Excellent Workplace with all Facilities Provided

This was a challenging task for me to work in the desert of Oman. I performed my duties and responsibilities honestly to the best of skills and efforts.

Pros

All benefits provided by the company

Cons

Worked 7 days a week

Good work life balance in office

Great company to start your career with . gets difficult after and people will want to leave within 4 years period. Job security is usually great despite tough oil market.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Petrofac. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Petrofac Reviews by Location

• Petrofac
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?