Petrofac

Petrofac Employee Reviews

Oman17 reviews
You are required to be self driven else you would one amongst the lot! Once you gain the confidence of the management you are given a free hand with good support from all around. Expecatations are high but the returns vary from site to site and boss to boss.
Overall, a great place for the youngsters to gain knowledge with most advanced features of learning opportunities.

Experienced personnel have to prove their consistency to be in the race of gaining excellence.
Staffs and Subcontractors are very much qualified in Petrofac. You will find the right skills for the jobs selected. Management is very transparent to deal with. The HSE and work culture in Petrofac is commendable.
Excellent company to work with Shell Muscat. Having very good work culture. Got rich experience on many mega Feed and detailed design projects. Also mainly sour gas project
Petrofac is the right company that help to those young professional who have goal in life. It is the company that need practical professional engineer.
Contract employees will not get bonus or salary increment,No overtime,needs to work on fridays free of cost.
Positive observations

No stress at work

Salary on time

Food is ok

Supporting staff at work.

Good Management
The Company provides full support and provision to all employees. they have shown flexibility and aim more on the growth of employee through trainings
I am working for Petroleum Development Oman as part of Construction Management Services team. Petrofac is the only company in Middle East having sufficient jobs for construction professionals.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Salary not as per International Standards
A solid 26 years working experience in several reputed Oil & Gas / Construction organizations with strong skill of Cost Estimating, Cost Management, Contract Management (post tender), Quantity Surveying and Cost Engineering.
Fresh Grads will get very good exposure and opportunity to develop their skills
There is no major negatives

Excellent for young dynamic engineers.

Only personal issue is that , relocation happen after each project to different countries.

This situation creates constrains travelling back home
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Petrofac?
Good management always look into employee's safety and care for employees health. More focus on HSE.
I am learning many new subjects during a typical day here particularly when I am on Field observing how our engineering and design are getting realized. There are many lessons to learn enable us implementing in our future tasks.

We are coordinating, supervising the job accompanied by attending technical meetings internal and client.

Our Company is one of those multinational Companies;hence, my co-workers are from different countries, American, European, Indian, Philippians, All Asia and middle east, African, Australian, and etc.

Actually, I do not see any major difficult part in our job because, I really like my job and enjoying with it. The most enjoyable part for me is when I can finish one task successfully and transferring to other project for my new involvement.
Pros
Free food & recreation.
Cons
Good breaks.
The day is long due to the constraints placed by the environment and temperature. Petrofac try to ensure that the workplace is acceptable, but this is a hostile and high pressure site. Which sometimes means that individuals try to cut corners.
Thus often results in construction to safety conflict. This was when the company has shown that they do believe that safety is paramount.
Pros
a learning curve on workforce diversity.
Cons
The remote location.
People are focused about the job at hand and at the same time open to new ideas to optimize the resources. And this all is not at the cost of client satisfaction.
Pros
exposure in the field
Cons
no cons
 Remind all employees about companies golden rules
 Monitoring, observing and finding the safe and unsafe acts to take corrective actions.

 Conduct risk assessment talks before starting of work.

 Motivate employees to work safely always to go home safe.

 Reporting and rectification of unsafe acts by informing the SUB contractors safety personnel’s immediately
Petrofac is a Good place for Opportunity to be in Project. Technical opportunity is excellent and Work culture is good and need to progress.,,,,,,,,,,,
This was a challenging task for me to work in the desert of Oman. I performed my duties and responsibilities honestly to the best of skills and efforts.
Pros
All benefits provided by the company
Cons
Worked 7 days a week
Great company to start your career with . gets difficult after and people will want to leave within 4 years period.
Job security is usually great despite tough oil market.