PCL Employee Reviews

Don’t apply here
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCOctober 4, 2019
Management will throw workers under the bus any chance they get & lie about it. Worst company by far I’ve ever worked for. They build relationships around lies and a trail of broken promises. For a billion dollar company they are extremely cheap, management cuts costs on essential items needed for safety (which they constantly preach we need) but fail to provide, so that there’s more money in their own pocket at the end of the daySave yourself the time and don’t apply here.
Work From 6 to 430 loved the safety team they had there and I liked to learn so showing me something I didn’t know was always fun
Instrumentation helper (Former Employee) –  Charleston, TNAugust 28, 2019
I enjoyed working there I met lots of great people and made many friends I would love to be a part of the Pcl team again.They let you request your days off weeks or months ahead of time you got lots of overtime and they had nice lunch tents to fit everyone working
Great company
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  AlbertaAugust 1, 2019
Loved working for PCL. Worked up at Fort Hills and was there for nearly a year. Loved the culture, the pay and overall the job. (I mean as much as you can enjoy working out of town)
Irritated and Bad Place
SEO Executive (Former Employee) –  Gurgaon, HaryanaJuly 8, 2019
The organisation is now closed just because how they treated their employees. Very bad culture. No timely salary. No Bonus. managers are really arrogant and mean.
Pros
Cons
Everyday Work Culture
I enjoyed my time on job.
Tile Installer (Former Employee) –  EPS North EDMONTONJuly 7, 2019
Working with PCL gave me a real sense of accomplishment. I liked the people. From the labourers to the managers, everyone was great. They really pushed you to get your full potential. Never tried to dismiss your hard work.
Pros
Organized. Fast paced
adaptive hours, decent pay
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Monmouth, ORJune 27, 2019
Worked well with student schedules throughout the school year and on the weekends. Gave room for growth and projection as long as career was in community health.
Good place to grow as a trades person and get experience.
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton abJune 21, 2019
I enjoyed working at pcl for the time I did, I also learned a lot about peri skydecking while I wat there. I learned a lot about how to work safely under oh& s standards.
Best company I worked for up north
QA/QC Inspector-Firebag and Brion Energy (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJune 15, 2019
Out of any of the companies I had worked for up north, PCL was the best to me. They kept me employed for 4+ years and could still be working with them today if I didn’t have to come back to town to work
Pros
Great pay, steady work
Cons
Politics
Good, great, and caring company.
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Monmouth, ORJune 11, 2019
PCL is a new job to me but so far the company seems to really care about their work and the people that they are supporting. It is a very rewarding job and is definitely worth looking into if interested in this field of work.
To many rain outs and no make up time
Ironworker/Rigger (Former Employee) –  Westlake, LAMay 30, 2019
I have 30+ years experience and enjoy being an ironworker I love to help others learn and grow from the craft that I am In. I have foreman experience and rigging experience also I have my NCCER Plus in iron And my basic in rigging and also have a twic card .
Pros
They’re not about the buddy system but promote you by your knowledge and experience.
Cons
Rain outs and no make up work.
Bad management
Carpenter Journeyman w/nccer (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXMay 2, 2019
The culture is whatever is convenient at the time.
They fed us a luncheon with all the hipocracy they
could get by with and gave away the cheapest prizes they could get from Taiwan or China. The food ran out before the last 30 tried to get served.
It was obvious the main objective was to spend the least amount of money as that was taking a chunk out of the Superintendent's FAT bonus.
Pros
There is no Pros
Cons
Everything about PCL is a Con.
The best construction company to work
Drywall Installer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 1, 2019
The best place to work , salaries good enough, culture and values .
very good team to work and following all the policies and safety and preventing accidents.
Pros
job security
Comfortable Job
Skilled Labourer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKApril 19, 2019
Great place to work. Was never expected to work beyond my capacity. Many incentives in place to work more hours or work harder. Very safety oriented.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Relocation
See below
HSE Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 8, 2019
Very professional organization. The atmosphere and team building is what makes PCL unique. Leadership is felt all the way down.
Possibility of advancement is endless.
Pros
Good salaries and benefits
Cons
Very long hours
productive and educational
Journeyman Structural Ironworker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 27, 2019
working for PCL was a fun learning experience, learned to look out for myself and others working in close proximity.
management wasn't focused on safety as much as the work force was which was the hardest part of the job.
Pros
safe and productive crew
Cons
management
Fun Place
Electrical General Foreman (Former Employee) –  AlbertaFebruary 23, 2019
Very good safety culture. All employees were great. they gave you gear if you neede and were very strict on PPE. It would be nice if they had constant big projects on the go.
Progressive Work Environment
HSE CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 11, 2019
The corporate directive and field environment are much more closely matched than many other comparable companies.

Company Culture awareness and development is evident and for the most part effective.
Pros
Management Driven
Cons
Advancement Opportunities political/ Nepotism
Great company
CARPENTERS APPRENTICE (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 27, 2019
it sucks they are a part of CLAC but otherwise they support their workers, get apprentices into school, help with career advancement for the right people. I am a huge fan of PCL.
Good enviroment
Combo Welder (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 24, 2019
New surroundings, different enviroment good work ethics managers were good people. Co workers had good safety habits. Great company to work for challenging and competitive.
Overwork Underpay, Bullying
Project Coordinator/Estimator (Former Employee) –  BCJanuary 22, 2019
overwork a lot including weekends,
underpay specially if you are a minority
Rarely hiring if you already don't have a family member inside.
Not recommended for professionals
Pros
Employee share, Coffee, free food
Cons
Harassment and bullying possible, no respect for professionals from outside unless for are a buddy!