Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse Employee Reviews

Showing all 8,169 reviews

Not bad for a part time gig

Good for a part time gig, but not for long term. Pay is hit or miss depending on the day and company culture is toxic. Not much room for growth. Only would recommend as a part time gig for those in school or looking for a 2nd job.

Pros

Flexiable Schedule

Cons

Inconsitent Pay

Good Starting Job

Worked with a great crew. This was my first high school job really learned a lot from dealing with customers to time management and hard work. Felt valued and appreciated.

Fun working environment

Great place to work if you're looking for a fun job. Fun and lighthearted environment. Met lots of great people, including managers. Although, I interviewed for the server position and I was given a takeaway position. Most employees are looking to be servers and there are simply not enough positions.

Pros

Fun and friendly environment

Cons

No breaks, schedules sometimes posted late

Fun work place

I would love to work for Outback. . I will be a great asset to your company. I love this place. I love the food. This is one of my favourite restaurants to dine at.

Pros

Discount on meals

Cons

Short breaks

Poor management

Shady management. Work environment and task vary depending on managers. Unorganized schedules. Not flexible even though they claim to be with schedules.

It's okay

Could be worse. Could be better. Too many togos can ruin the dining experience for guests on busy nights. Updated kitchen equipment helped move food out faster but 30 minute ticket times is embarrassing for me, whatever the reason.

Don’t work here

Horrible experience with management and higher up management. They don’t care about mental health and the pay may be decent but definitely not worth it. Worked 14 hours one day, straight and was told I wasn’t allowed a break because we were too busy. Ended up having to call out the next day because I couldn’t walk due to past ankle injuries that flared up due to moving around as much as I did for how long I did without sitting and was written up for it.

Pros

Food

Rude management,

Managers don’t care about someone’s mental health. They are extremely rude and take their frustrations out on the staff, TOGO tips were split between 6 people

Cons

No breaks

Chill workplace; almost too chill

The managers are really loose (well, most of them) and are very forgiving. Being said, the only thing they’ll ask of you is to let them know ahead of time if you will be late or won’t be able to show up.In terms of coworkers, they are great people, but it’s almost concerning how much it doesn’t feel like work.One thing that I’ll say now is that the hygienics of the kitchen is not the best. I never worked in the kitchen itself so I’m not sure what goes down there, but I do see, for example, workers (and even managers) just grab cheese fries with their bare hands and start eating them

Not bad Not good

I am told the restaurant is under way better management then when I worked there. But when I worked there I have seen roach's and overall was not a place I was proud to work at.

good for the most part

pretty good for the most part but every company has things they need to work on here it's scheduling having help and giving raises upon earning them they just cut off employees raises because of sales yet management still got their bonuses in a store that makes almost 20 k a night i find it hard to believe they cant afford raises

Pros

good employees, discounts eventually after a year health benefits

Cons

short breaks, limited time off, no raises

What is the best part of working at the company?It was an horrible experience as a dishwasher it's a job you take when you have no choice.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Very rude staff and management can do whatever they want to.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?I worked very hard there and the people I work with was very lazy What is a typical day like for you at the company?Very busy and demanding the waiters and the bussers are very rude.

It’s okay

As a server you can make money on peak days but of course there are slow periods so sometimes the money can be inconsistent. Only gripe I really had was that there were many times where we ran out of certain menu items and customers sometimes weren’t happy.

Amazing crew and great food

Working as a host for outback steakhouse was one of my most memorable jobs. The crew was amazing and were all super friendly, the management was excellent and super understanding.

Pros

Employee discounts

Cons

So much fun

Empresa Dinamica, requer foco e energia para trabalhar lá.

A Outback Steakhouse é um restaurante conhecido por sua comida deliciosa e atendimento ao cliente excelente. Como bartender, eu ajudo a proporcionar uma ótima experiência para os clientes enquanto trabalho em um ambiente divertido e descontraído. A empresa valoriza a diversidade e promove um ambiente de trabalho saudável e inclusivo. Se você está procurando por uma oportunidade de trabalho em um ambiente desafiador e gratificante.

Pros

refeição no local, escala variavel, salario e alguns beneficios

Cons

não fornece vale refeição, o salario é baseado em horas trabalhadas

Relaxed work place where work comes first but leaves room for fun and laughs.

My experience at Outback was close to exceptional with a few mistakes in pay that where quickly fixed. The management are all friendly, working with you to make sure you know what you are doing. The co workers where all helpful not being afraid to lend you a extra hand. They where very eccentric people keeping the mood high while getting the work done.

Pros

Great management, flexible hours, friendly people

Cons

Short shifts

Management sucks

The proprietor of the property is a real pain. He gets angry when it’s busy and is unhelpful. He should be working behind the scenes. The managers, while I was there, were petty. Which you don’t expect in managers. They need to be somewhat helpful, which really stressed these ones out to do when busy, even with 3 on. The rest of the staff and cooks were amazing. They also have a terrible roach problem they can’t subside and can’t keep the restaurant clean. It needs professionally cleaned more often. Bartenders have to break their back to go behind the bar and people have ripped their clothing. The restaurant is a lot less busy than the surrounding ones. The only question asked at my interview was if I had reliable transportation. I would recommend a different location or a different restaurant overall.

Changed job code after being there for 1 year

Not fun to work at I was server than they made me do server assistant at least 3 times a week. Being a server assistant I had to take a pay cut and work extra hard

Hostile work environment.

Expect to wait hours if not days for your interview. Management had no sense of organization or preparation. Waited over an hour for interview. Hired me for one position, trained me for a different position, then (after training) put me back in the role they originally hired me for. Managment needs to be totally overhauled. Rude, vulgar, vengeful, and totally unprofessional. You do not want to work here. They treat you like a number and repeatedly tell everyone your are replaceable, which is true in every job, but to boast that you will just replace people out loud all the time, is very degrading and doesn’t make for a good working environment.

Pros

Half off food

Cons

lack of proper management, sketchy tip-outs, favoritism

Hardwork and good pay with caveats

Maybe my location wasn't the right fit for me but it gave me an amazing start for a prosperous carreer. The food industry is the food industry and I wouldn't expect less from it but we had problems that couldn't seem to be solved, but always prospective is key.

What is the best part of working at the company?Hours,opportunities, able to transfer What is the most stressful part about working at the company?When I transfer to a really bad one in Mississippi that is when I had to leave company it was a sad day for me What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Fun ,fast friendly loved the blingWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Usually was opener or head weight

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Outback Steakhouse. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits