Oman AIr

Oman AIr Employee Reviews

Slow pace held back by outside influences
Oman Air is a good company to work for as the people are lovely. However in going through a transformation programme external influences brought in from non-airline industry is causing major delays in improvements and cost savings due to the process constraints introduced by inexperienced seniors.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Slow to change
Fantastic Employer
Working with Oman Air is a blessing, Very nice work culture, good working conditions, canteen facility provided for all employees, great food, great salary and benefits.
Pros
Nice work culture, benefits include discounted air tickes, salaries paid dot on time
Cons
Career growth prospects are slow
Good company
It is a good company with proper compensation and benifits, good shift schedule and management.But you are not secure for the job and there is no room for growth and development as an employee.
Interesting work place
the type of tasks and duties that i was doing at Oman air as customer service agent were so interesting and making my time so beautiful. every day i lean new skill.
Work culture
The work culture in Oman is a bit slow, no sense of urgency so during this period you exercise lots of patients. The Oman people are super friendly and kind heart which will take a lot of getting used to.
variable working hours, inspiring job, good environment, multicultural backgounds.
This is not a typical working hours in the office, I enjoy what I do and I love travelling, I am very flexible with working time, i learned to be more open minded and to learn how to communicate effectively in multicultural environment.
Its a very serious job that demands physical, logical thingking.

this job requires a lot of patience and need to pass all the exams theoretical and practical.

This job is rewarding if you love what you are doing, but there is also lot of sacrifice when I started flying such as you cant see your family as often as you like, birthday, holidays, other important occasion that I cannot attend as I am always on different parts of the world travelling.

I was very very happy with this job as it was my dream.
Excellent company
It provide equal opportunity to all. Very relaxed work culture. A very handsome pay.
Because its slow paced management tend to be slow and inefficient.
Challenging
Oman Air is like any company in the aviation industry, fast-paced and challenging. With the aviation industry, every day is different so there is always room to learn more.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Oman AIr?
Great
Competitive and good working experience working with them. It' a fast paced type of job, i enhance my customer service skills and raport towards working with every colleagues and passengers.
Good company
Good company good business life insurance ok salary travel tickets over time looking for more to improve myself and prosperity and be on top am good worker
Airport Operations -Muscat Base Station
Every day is a new day, where you learn many things. Meeting passengers with different issues and solving them is a monotonous activity that not only improves your knowledge also enhances your interpersonal and communication skills. I have attained a considerable amount of experience with various management requirements for report handling and problem-solving. I did enjoy learning new applications to support the operations and being the key personal it always helped me to enhance my skills.
A good Place to work if you are a bachelor and not looking for a permanent job
Company is a great place to work. Muscat is a peaceful city to live in. Be aware that its not a permanent job and you may be asked to leave at any point of time with a formal intimation and notice.
Most likely to be productive if you’re a local in the country
Fast paced operational working environment and a good learning experience to those aviation career seekers. But with the limited career advancement opportunity due to the current Omanisation.
Pros
Reduced Fare ticket benefits
Cons
Poor management
interesting field
interesting job
learned a lot and improved knowledge in Engineering

Management is a negative area (increased number of Managers)

culture needs to be cleaned
good
all good nice working place good eviroment good pay hihly recomended to whom can bear staying outside of country and eagerly find a money and it os a peaceful country
I was on stand by always. Management was fine., the hardest part when flying with drunken passengeres
I enjoyed working in company
Meeting different culture.

Exploring the world.

It was a nice challenge to learn how to deal with people in overall mindset.
Overall a great place to work
I have worked for Oman Air for almost eight years and found that is one of the best companies to work for in the aviation industry.
Friendly environment with helpful people in general.

Quite a busy schedule, but you get fairly remunerated.

Slim chances to promote or change departments.

I would recommend my friends to apply for a job with Oman Air.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Slim chances for career progression
Summary
I enjoy working with Oman Air. It is due to the fact that I have to move to the U.S. to join my husband is the reason I resigned. All the staff there are very friendly and cooperative
Productive and organized environment
Each single employee has given a specific job to do. I have learned the types of checks that each single of air crafts are given. The work is specifically managed using Amos Program. The hardest part of the job is you need to double check what have you done and check it with senior engineers because a small mistake will cause a disaster. Overall, the work was enjoyable because you learn a lot from aviation.
Engineering
fantastic people and open communication. Good at what they do recruiting the right people for the right jobs. I like to work with their team as I enjoy the work I do and have pride in the service we provide.
Challenging work culture
Challenging culture especially in HQ ...

My teams inspire me .

I enjoyed challenging the status quo and delivering high performing teams

I - optimum and no We-optimum
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oman AIr. Our community is ready to answer.
Oman AIr Reviews by Location