Oman AIr

Oman AIr Employee Reviews

Oman78 reviews

good infrastructure, management is not good, and very tough to deal with.

I was in oman air for almost 9 years, it was a beautiful place and awesome management to work within the beginning. Now the airline has become very strict and there is hardly any job guarantee there. you will be kicked out even if you have a clean file, just because you are an ex-pat and you have minimum rights. Rest Oman air has beautiful planes and services on board and you will learn a lot being a crew.

Pros

free lunch during training, uniform (Tshirt only) provided for training, accommodation provided, they pay a stipend for training for living, Friday Saturday off.

Cons

Management No job security

Fun and Relaxed

Overall work experience was good.Fun, relaxed and flexible in the job.I would say zero career progression and CPD is what lacks within it.Due to the nature of the job environment is quite diverse and dynamic.

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Long hours; No career progression

Always excited to work

I was glad to be part of a team! I has good experience there! I learned a lot of amazing things, meeting with a lot of nationality! I will love to be part of them again in the future

Good.

A very good place to work, and the warm culture among the colleagues on board. Good flight schedule arrangements for all crews. Moreover, Oman Air provides a very competitive benefit for their employees.

ان يكون الحترام متبادل بين وين المسول المباشر والموظفين بشكل عام

ان يكون كل شخص ياخذ حقه في الترقيات والعلاوات السنويه

Pros

الوجبات تكون مجانيه من ابد العمل الى انته من فتره العمل

Cons

ان يكون لي بطاقه صحيه شامله مع العايله بشكل عام

Its was excellent and valuable.

While I was looking for challenging job,it's perfect for me. lots of new things to lean and chance to demonstrat my experience .working with Oman air is proud for me. While working with Oman air gets chance to work with great chefs

Pros

All duty meal was free which included veg n nonveg

Cons

There was tea n lunch break

Amazing and fun

Working with Omanair gives another level of experience which at the end turned me into professional person who could work under any environment and anywhere due to mix Nationalities with team work and fun job will be done faster.

Employment

The management system in Oman Air is very poor. Despite of the very poor management, the salary and benefits are good. They are pro LOCALS, not to the expats. The laws in oman has changed a lot this 2021. It would be better just to make it as a stepping stone and then make a long term plan somewhere perhaps to another country.

Pros

good salary

Cons

Extremely poor management system. Poor knowledge skills of the staff. Pro locals and not to expats

Good place to workaholic.

Challenging. Everyday learning. A good place to workaholic. Patience and work dedication is the key to succeed in WY.Meeting deadlines and Delivering required stuff to global sales & airport offices needs hard planning.

Pros

Staff ticket discounts. Travelling. Children fee re-imbursement

Cons

Heavy workload. Short-breaks.

Severely held back by processes

Unfortunately although the people are mostly lovely the purchasing function especially for Maintenance Engineering is held back by approval processes by non aviation non engineering seniors resulting in many delays, missed opportunities and even safety concerns. Consequently progress with projects and cost savings is hindered greaty.

Pros

Great airport, weather and nice Omani people the best in the Middle East

Cons

Dragged down by resistance to change and poor procurement processes

Productive but you have to save your self

You have a break.Stressful environment.Some of the staff don't know the procedure.Some of the local staff they don't care about there job.They know only your mistake but your good side no!

Pros

Free wi fi

Cons

Stressfull

Oman air is a great place to work with a great staff

I was happy with Oman air and the stuff it was good opportunity and good experience I had and learned allot of customers service and problem solving Great training I have

Fun place to work in

a typical day: exciting I learned how to deal with the customer how to control the stress and anger, Management: there's good there stressful for the employe, work is typically was awesome and fun

Pros

Nice benefits, nice people

Cons

Short breaks, restricted things

Friendly and flexible work environment, supportive and flexible colleagues

National airline,Flexible, friendly, easy going work culture where honesty is always appreciated and is given a chance to improvise, healthy environment.

Highly Productive, Competitive and Challenging Job Environment. Learning Curve with New and Innovative ideas. Continuous Improvement through Training & Qualifications. Satisfying Work Environment.

Productive and Enjoyable Company

I have been working at Oman Air full-time for more than 2 years Pros Travel benefits, good dental and medical package. Job flexibility. Decent financial compensation Cons Irregular work hours, missing major holidays at home, tough schedule on reserve when first graduate from training

Good Experience with different system and skills

I got a very good experience with different people to meet on a daily basis to understand different culture and to gain the knowledge of different Airlines system.

Productive and fun place to work

Work timing is from 7am to 3pm. You also have flexi timing and can opt to work from 8am to 4pm Sundays to Thursdays. Unlike other gulf countries, the proportion of Omani colleagues is high. They are very nice and friendly people to work with, respectful and coorperative too. The work culture is a little laid back so it was frustrating when I first started work there. Then you get used to the pace of things and adjust. Thats the hardest part - how to get your job done in time given the laid back work culture.I learnt a lot. Muscat is a lovely place to work and live in.

Slow pace held back by outside influences

Oman Air is a good company to work for as the people are lovely. However in going through a transformation programme external influences brought in from non-airline industry is causing major delays in improvements and cost savings due to the process constraints introduced by inexperienced seniors.

Pros

Nice people

Cons

Slow to change

Fantastic Employer

Working with Oman Air is a blessing, Very nice work culture, good working conditions, canteen facility provided for all employees, great food, great salary and benefits.

Pros

Nice work culture, benefits include discounted air tickes, salaries paid dot on time

Cons

Career growth prospects are slow

Good company

It is a good company with proper compensation and benifits, good shift schedule and management.But you are not secure for the job and there is no room for growth and development as an employee.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oman AIr. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits