Oman AIr

Oman AIr Employee Reviews

Oman68 reviews
You have a break.
Stressful environment.

Some of the staff don't know the procedure.

Some of the local staff they don't care about there job.

They know only your mistake but your good side no!
Pros
Free wi fi
Cons
Stressfull
I was happy with Oman air and the stuff it was good opportunity and good experience I had and learned allot of customers service and problem solving
Great training I have
a typical day: exciting
I learned how to deal with the customer how to control the stress and anger, Management: there's good there stressful for the employe, work is typically was awesome and fun
Pros
Nice benefits, nice people
Cons
Short breaks, restricted things
National airline,Flexible, friendly, easy going work culture where honesty is always appreciated and is given a chance to improvise, healthy environment.
Highly Productive, Competitive and Challenging Job Environment. Learning Curve with New and Innovative ideas.
Continuous Improvement through Training & Qualifications.

Satisfying Work Environment.
I have been working at Oman Air full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Travel benefits, good dental and medical package. Job flexibility. Decent financial compensation

Cons

Irregular work hours, missing major holidays at home, tough schedule on reserve when first graduate from training
I got a very good experience with different people to meet on a daily basis to understand different culture and to gain the knowledge of different Airlines system.
Work timing is from 7am to 3pm. You also have flexi timing and can opt to work from 8am to 4pm Sundays to Thursdays. Unlike other gulf countries, the proportion of Omani colleagues is high. They are very nice and friendly people to work with, respectful and coorperative too.
The work culture is a little laid back so it was frustrating when I first started work there. Then you get used to the pace of things and adjust.

Thats the hardest part - how to get your job done in time given the laid back work culture.I learnt a lot.

Muscat is a lovely place to work and live in.
Oman Air is a good company to work for as the people are lovely. However in going through a transformation programme external influences brought in from non-airline industry is causing major delays in improvements and cost savings due to the process constraints introduced by inexperienced seniors.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Slow to change
Working with Oman Air is a blessing, Very nice work culture, good working conditions, canteen facility provided for all employees, great food, great salary and benefits.
Pros
Nice work culture, benefits include discounted air tickes, salaries paid dot on time
Cons
Career growth prospects are slow
It is a good company with proper compensation and benifits, good shift schedule and management.But you are not secure for the job and there is no room for growth and development as an employee.
the type of tasks and duties that i was doing at Oman air as customer service agent were so interesting and making my time so beautiful. every day i lean new skill.
The work culture in Oman is a bit slow, no sense of urgency so during this period you exercise lots of patients. The Oman people are super friendly and kind heart which will take a lot of getting used to.
This is not a typical working hours in the office, I enjoy what I do and I love travelling, I am very flexible with working time, i learned to be more open minded and to learn how to communicate effectively in multicultural environment.
Its a very serious job that demands physical, logical thingking.

this job requires a lot of patience and need to pass all the exams theoretical and practical.

This job is rewarding if you love what you are doing, but there is also lot of sacrifice when I started flying such as you cant see your family as often as you like, birthday, holidays, other important occasion that I cannot attend as I am always on different parts of the world travelling.

I was very very happy with this job as it was my dream.
It provide equal opportunity to all. Very relaxed work culture. A very handsome pay.
Because its slow paced management tend to be slow and inefficient.
Oman Air is like any company in the aviation industry, fast-paced and challenging. With the aviation industry, every day is different so there is always room to learn more.
Competitive and good working experience working with them. It' a fast paced type of job, i enhance my customer service skills and raport towards working with every colleagues and passengers.
Good company good business life insurance ok salary travel tickets over time looking for more to improve myself and prosperity and be on top am good worker
Every day is a new day, where you learn many things. Meeting passengers with different issues and solving them is a monotonous activity that not only improves your knowledge also enhances your interpersonal and communication skills. I have attained a considerable amount of experience with various management requirements for report handling and problem-solving. I did enjoy learning new applications to support the operations and being the key personal it always helped me to enhance my skills.
Company is a great place to work. Muscat is a peaceful city to live in. Be aware that its not a permanent job and you may be asked to leave at any point of time with a formal intimation and notice.
Fast paced operational working environment and a good learning experience to those aviation career seekers. But with the limited career advancement opportunity due to the current Omanisation.
Pros
Reduced Fare ticket benefits
Cons
Poor management