Oman AIr

Oman AIr Employee Reviews

The management system in Oman Air is very poor. Despite of the very poor management, the salary and benefits are good. They are pro LOCALS, not to the expats. The laws in oman has changed a lot this 2021. It would be better just to make it as a stepping stone and then make a long term plan somewhere perhaps to another country.
Pros
good salary
Cons
Extremely poor management system. Poor knowledge skills of the staff. Pro locals and not to expats
Working with Omanair gives another level of experience which at the end turned me into professional person who could work under any environment and anywhere due to mix Nationalities with team work and fun job will be done faster.
Challenging. Everyday learning. A good place to workaholic. Patience and work dedication is the key to succeed in WY.Meeting deadlines and Delivering required stuff to global sales & airport offices needs hard planning.
Pros
Staff ticket discounts. Travelling. Children fee re-imbursement
Cons
Heavy workload. Short-breaks.
Unfortunately although the people are mostly lovely the purchasing function especially for Maintenance Engineering is held back by approval processes by non aviation non engineering seniors resulting in many delays, missed opportunities and even safety concerns. Consequently progress with projects and cost savings is hindered greaty.
Pros
Great airport, weather and nice Omani people the best in the Middle East
Cons
Dragged down by resistance to change and poor procurement processes
You have a break.Stressful environment.Some of the staff don't know the procedure.Some of the local staff they don't care about there job.They know only your mistake but your good side no!
Pros
Free wi fi
Cons
Stressfull
I was happy with Oman air and the stuff it was good opportunity and good experience I had and learned allot of customers service and problem solving Great training I have
a typical day: exciting I learned how to deal with the customer how to control the stress and anger, Management: there's good there stressful for the employe, work is typically was awesome and fun
Pros
Nice benefits, nice people
Cons
Short breaks, restricted things
National airline,Flexible, friendly, easy going work culture where honesty is always appreciated and is given a chance to improvise, healthy environment.
Highly Productive, Competitive and Challenging Job Environment. Learning Curve with New and Innovative ideas. Continuous Improvement through Training & Qualifications. Satisfying Work Environment.
I have been working at Oman Air full-time for more than 2 years Pros Travel benefits, good dental and medical package. Job flexibility. Decent financial compensation Cons Irregular work hours, missing major holidays at home, tough schedule on reserve when first graduate from training
I got a very good experience with different people to meet on a daily basis to understand different culture and to gain the knowledge of different Airlines system.
Work timing is from 7am to 3pm. You also have flexi timing and can opt to work from 8am to 4pm Sundays to Thursdays. Unlike other gulf countries, the proportion of Omani colleagues is high. They are very nice and friendly people to work with, respectful and coorperative too. The work culture is a little laid back so it was frustrating when I first started work there. Then you get used to the pace of things and adjust. Thats the hardest part - how to get your job done in time given the laid back work culture.I learnt a lot. Muscat is a lovely place to work and live in.
Oman Air is a good company to work for as the people are lovely. However in going through a transformation programme external influences brought in from non-airline industry is causing major delays in improvements and cost savings due to the process constraints introduced by inexperienced seniors.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Slow to change
Working with Oman Air is a blessing, Very nice work culture, good working conditions, canteen facility provided for all employees, great food, great salary and benefits.
Pros
Nice work culture, benefits include discounted air tickes, salaries paid dot on time
Cons
Career growth prospects are slow
It is a good company with proper compensation and benifits, good shift schedule and management.But you are not secure for the job and there is no room for growth and development as an employee.
the type of tasks and duties that i was doing at Oman air as customer service agent were so interesting and making my time so beautiful. every day i lean new skill.
The work culture in Oman is a bit slow, no sense of urgency so during this period you exercise lots of patients. The Oman people are super friendly and kind heart which will take a lot of getting used to.
This is not a typical working hours in the office, I enjoy what I do and I love travelling, I am very flexible with working time, i learned to be more open minded and to learn how to communicate effectively in multicultural environment. Its a very serious job that demands physical, logical thingking. this job requires a lot of patience and need to pass all the exams theoretical and practical. This job is rewarding if you love what you are doing, but there is also lot of sacrifice when I started flying such as you cant see your family as often as you like, birthday, holidays, other important occasion that I cannot attend as I am always on different parts of the world travelling. I was very very happy with this job as it was my dream.
It provide equal opportunity to all. Very relaxed work culture. A very handsome pay. Because its slow paced management tend to be slow and inefficient.
Oman Air is like any company in the aviation industry, fast-paced and challenging. With the aviation industry, every day is different so there is always room to learn more.
Competitive and good working experience working with them. It' a fast paced type of job, i enhance my customer service skills and raport towards working with every colleagues and passengers.
  1. Employee Reviews