Occidental Petroleum

Occidental Petroleum Employee Reviews

Oman20 reviews
Excellent professional place to work. Good people challenging and motivating opportunities. Oxy develops your skill set directly relevant to the role given. i would definitely recommend to anyone.
Atmosphere is very bad since its desert. You have to stay in container. Salary is very less for your stress you take. Food is very average. Job security is okay
Working in rotation Schedule 28 days On/28 days Off.
Effectively at position in safe working environment and as per standard procedure, that focused towards the realization of professional development and personality. A Senior Authorized Electrical Person (SAEP) Holder and
Not a bad Company to work for ,
Everyday you learned something new as jobs changed so quickly.we had a good safety culture.

Hardest part of the job was being the one to give bad news or telling people off.

Management originally left us to do our job which was great but recently management wanted to be involved more but are not up to speed in what we do
you get to learn so much as an intern and you will be given the tasks of a full time employee so you get the real feel of what it is like to be an engineer in the petroleum industry.
There has been a daily meeting everyday.
Going to training classes for the new trainees to take lectures on the subjects based on time table.

going to field for on job training to the trainees those who have completed class room training.

Executing tasks according to P&ID
The company was well organised, good set of people to work with, great Dcc team, and learned a lot about different types of people, with my location been based overseas.
Pros
great location
Cons
7 days a week
Great Place to work willing to train you
and had many place to work. Got to see the world. Management was great and treated you like you and your family came first
Oxy is very good company to work ,managements are very friendly & care about Employee, Work place Culture is very friendly & Team work, Also new Things to learn & training system from managements are very good for Employee,
Work day is 7 days a week 28 days a month.
60% Field work, 40% office work.

Training nationals is an enjoyable part of the job.

Joining in with their culture and learning their ways.
Pros
Experience working with other cultures
* One of the largest producer in Oman with a good working culture and thin organization structure. Allowed to work in verticals as long as commitments are met
The day starts with normal routine permits review and Authorizing along with following with field operators to make sure that the field is running in safe manner. Management are help full in term of assisting, but bad in evaluation. Co-worker are excellent in team work. the hardest part of the job is to manage so many jobs in short period. For example, operators should cover around 180 wells perday.
Pros
Very good place to gain experiance
Cons
Poor Evaluation
I learned the procedures of oil & gas field working system.

This teach me about safety needs & importants.

By following a system properly regularly and completely we dont get any chance for confusion,tension. This the important thing which I learned from this Job.
Pros
Free food & Accomodation
Cons
Rotational Job: 56 days ON duty, 28days OFF duty
Rotation work 28/28 according Oil & Gas company standard. Good team work in Automation departement. Working time from 6 am to 6 pm. Company provided all support regarding work such as Flight ticket, Taxi, PPE, Hotel, Meal, Car, petrol.

The hardest part of job is Rewiring and Reprogramming PLC for Reverse Osmosis Plant in 22 days.
Working throughout the summer as an intern gave me an opportunity to understand the essence of the workplace in a business environment.

I have learned how to deal with issues that were difficult to tackle with, who to seek help from as well the department were helpful from the manager to my co-workers. If I was lost, confused or unaware of something there was help provided.

Sometimes, I found difficulty in collecting data which gave me a hard time but it slowly eased out.

I enjoyed our lunches, it is where everyone let down their serious faces and just talked about anything as well I got given tips on how to improve my work.
Pros
Friendly environment
I got an experience with multi culture atmosphere which was an excellent management leadership with very interesting working felicities.
i have good support from my co workers . and we do work together for any critical works of course its nice to work again there
fast pace learning environment, lots of politics but overall excellent company to work for and each employee has full support from everyone to do well
It was good challenge to enhance Heavy Oil Production from 10,000 BOPD to 150,000 BOPD in 6 Years time frame. First time steam is injected to produce crude Oil in Middle East
Every day new challenges produced water management, huge field with various properties