National Oilwell Varco Employee Reviews

Found 2,874 reviews matching the search See all 2,875 reviews
Its a ok company to work for
CNC Machinist/Programmer (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXDecember 10, 2019
Good company to work for but needs work on communication between upper management and people in the shop floor.
Pay is low compared to other companies that make similar products.
I would not recommend this company.
No time off
Closed Loop Operator (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 10, 2019
No balance between your work and life. This is the job for you if you do not mind spending every day working. Pay was okay and benefits but other than that, miserable.
Work ethics and skills
Tool Repair coordinator (Former Employee) –  6602 s Newcastle rdDecember 9, 2019
I knew nothing about the oilfield when I got in it. but now that I had the opportunity and experience, I have become more reliable on time. I have more good days than bad the hardest parts really was nothing very easy and flexible management
fantstic
Technician machine operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 9, 2019
is very good place for work. they are friendly. they do accurate work. i learn a lot in their company. they treat their workers fine . they protect you from injury. i feel comfortable working in their company.
NOV/IntelliServ was overall a good experience.
Global Manager Technical Services (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTDecember 9, 2019
Each position I held at NOV was challenging and allowed me to grow well into the job needs.
Most days were very busy and I didn't find myself watching the clock at all. Most of my colleagues were very good to work with.
Local leadership was abysmal. Lacked clarity of mission, were more prone to demoralize the entire team rather than motivate and maintain direction and activity level.
Leadership above the local level was reasonable but didn't maintain close enough relations which resulted in several investigations.
Fast Paced and cutting edge tech
eHawk - Remote Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 9, 2019
Communicate with clients to determine culprit of issues with either mechanical or electrical equipment. I learned about client relationship and time management. Management was very helpful and always available. The workplace was very professional and good continuity. The hardest part of the job was stopping at the end of the day. I enjoyed the atmosphere and rewarding feeling of accomplishment.
Muy buena compañia
Debar ayudante de soldador y maquinista manuales maquinas (Former Employee) –  Lockwood houstorn tx y bayton txDecember 7, 2019
Puntualen mi trabajo sigo las reglas del trabajo seguridad al trabajar usar ppa si es nesesario trabajar en grupo se es nesesario dar respeto a tus compañeros de trabajo como en familia
Excellent place to work.
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 6, 2019
NOV is a very inclusive employer. NOV has very supportive management. The benefits and pay exceed other local jobs. I highly recommend working at NOV.
My first experience in the Oil&Gas Industry
INVENTORY & LOGISTICS COORDINATOR - SUPPLY CHAIN (Former Employee) –  Provincia del NeuquénDecember 6, 2019
For the record, this was my very first serious working environment in such a prestigious first level oil&gas firm. Cannot be more pleased of having participated and joined a team which supported me all the time at any query on my behalf. Each day, new challenges to get trought. Despite salary issues regarding the labor union, I'm really satisfied with the working experience at NOV.
great place to work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABDecember 5, 2019
great place to work and learn at any level as there are a lot of different products and divisions its easy to fit in , very large corporation so does take some time to get used to
Trabajo para Aprender.
Quality Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Veracruz, Ver.December 5, 2019
Se realizan muchas tecnicas de trabajo para diferentes tipos de tuberia, cualquier persona que se quiera dedicar al ambito Oil & Gas, es una buena empresa para adquirir experiencia en los procedimientos y normas.
Overall NOV is a decent company to work for but at times loses sight of it's core values.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 5, 2019
Within NOV there is a fairly large disconnect between upper management and the lower levels where the work is performed. Management of Change tends to not be well thought out or poorly executed from the executive level. New rules and processes are often rolled out from the corporate level with little to no consideration as to their potential negative impact on facilities globally.
Boa empresa
Set-up Technician (Former Employee) –  Porto do Açu, RJDecember 4, 2019
Excelente empresa, indico para quem tiver a oportunidade de vir para NOV.
Great Place
Document Control Specialist forr QA/QC Dept. (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 4, 2019
Love it there great place to work
Feels like family working together
Great team players
Great Benefits
Evryone pulls their weight and works well with each other
Good Company
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 3, 2019
This is a good company to work for. Benefits are nice, lots of room for advancement and growth. The industry is up and down, which would be the only negative.
Good
Field Service Technician National Oil well (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 3, 2019
Nothing to say but Nov ia a very good company to work for a lot of travelling that add up on the dollars.
They have different type of equipments that needs to be learn and all become easier on the field.
I love it
Field Service Tech Worked to death
Lead Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXDecember 2, 2019
Started Great then they reduced personel. Pressure from the customer combined with pressure from NOV by not having enough personal was extremely stressful. Suppose to be a 16 hour limit to working a day but constantly went over and was never held back. Would be on weekends by myself because I was a good tech and had to cover 14+ rigs by myself. They have been working on new inventory billing and job tracking system for years and it is still doesn't work great. I watched a good business model be destroyed in 3 years. I was there for 6 could be a dream job for techs if it was ran right from the Top. Store managers are pretty cool, but goes down from there. Talk about bonuses but haven't seen one in years.
Challenging, dynamic and collaborative
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  SingaporeDecember 2, 2019
Always something new to learn, be ready to expect the unexpected, think of our the box, preserverance, plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. At times can be stressful especially the demand from customer and management.
Enjoy the people relationships within the organisation, travel and the challenges that comes
5 star rating
Sr. Technical Coordinator Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 2, 2019
National Oil Varco is a excellent company to work for. They definitely strive in excellence. They definitely make sure that all employees are very knowledgeable of the different products that they build. They make sure that everything that is built is followed out to what ever code and procedure it is being called for. The most important thing that I love the most about National Oil Well Varco is that they take safety very seriously
Nice place to work, employees helped each other out and were great to work with
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 1, 2019
Started out as a hand and worked my way up to work with a crew where I learned pipe fitting, hydraulics, and rig assembly. Was promoted to a procurement position where I became proficient in purchasing logistics.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Oilwell Varco. Our community is ready to answer.

41K