Millennium Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Terrible
Duty Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, GlasgowApril 1, 2019
Worked in Glasgow. Higher management treat staff like s**t on there shoes. So much wrong in Hotel yet Management are oblivious to it. GM has no day to day involvement ops manager has no people skills with staff or guests.
Pros
Cons
Get breaks taken from pay wither taken or not
not a good culture at these hotels, bad leadership
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Millennium knickerbocker ChicagoMarch 29, 2019
@not much to say company is poorly run, lack of leadership

@incompentence

@ weak leadership and specifically poor leadership

@ poor job security

@weak ledership

a typical day is hoping you get off early and watch the clock
Pros
nothing
Cons
no incentives
Used to be a good place to work but got toxic after management restructuring
Carpenter and Joiner (Former Employee) –  MayfairMarch 13, 2019
When I started at the company, all was good.
But when a refurbishment began, the manager created a hostile environment and staff began leaving as soon as possible because of the way the job was being run.
Pros
Free lunch, tea / coffee
Cons
Bad work atmosphere
I worked here for 4 years and then quit to pursue something else. I recently returned a few months ago.
Guest Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 11, 2019
I come into work and start the check list for what ever shift I was scheduled for. Check in and check out guests, put together rooming lists and add them into the system. I like the management here. They trust you to do your job without hovering over you.
Pros
I can be myself and things change everyday so it keeps it interesting
Cons
pay!
Suckd
Trainee (Former Employee) –  SingaporeDecember 30, 2018
HR doesn't pick up calls, management plays missing whenever convenient and is very screamy otherwise. Salary normal across the industry. Toilet exploded.

Most enjoyable? Hospitality industry, gets to meet many different guests. I really appreciated that part.
Pros
I was in the best shape of my life & Job was easy.
Cons
Not much recognition from management for me. :(
Upper management difficult to work with
VP/Head (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 27, 2018
No trust of any senior management. Organization is at times not ethical. Also very biased and prejudice. Must be Asian to succeed. Company sets unrealistic goals and never rewards on performance.
Pros
free lunch, laundry service
Cons
long hours, no employee recognition
Milennium Hotels Work Environment
Hotel Systems Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 5, 2018
Millennium allowed employees to think out of the box and build your position into what it needed to be to create an atmosphere most helpful for the hotels.
Great Workplace
Hotel Night Receptionist (Current Employee) –  LondonNovember 26, 2018
A night shift would start with me finishing up with any check-ins that are left, provide warm welcomes to customers and people just visiting the bar. Complete any paperwork left from the day teams handover, update guest profiles once it hit's 11pm and the evening staff leave the night is in charge of any cars during the night, concierge and housekeeping duties on top off our normal duties. Rest of the night provide check-out for any guests who decide to check-out early. Working here i've learned to improve my communication skills and how to deal with different people from around the world for example some of our guests don't speak the best of english so I try to help and make things as simple as possible. I've also been able to gain experience in dealing with multiple people, any complaints that may occur. Management help provide a good working environment, great staff for during the night. As i've mentioned with management my workplace culture is great being able to work with great people all friendly, we function as a team makes things more comfortable knowing that I can rely on them if I need them. Hardest part of my Job is that amount of people sometimes even though we have a night team it is very small compared to the day team, so we have to be able to function swiftly at any given moment. Most enjoyable part of my job, getting the chance to meet people from all over the world and being able to talk to them, learn new things, why they came to this hotel or even London.
Pros
Free food made by the night chef
Cons
Long hours, travel distance
dsdwsdwd
Demi Chef de Partie (Former Employee) –  Greater LondonOctober 5, 2018
Our client a London based university require an experienced Facilities Manager to take responsibility for the day to day operation of the building and other leased properties...
Cleaner/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Kampala UgandaSeptember 14, 2018
Good working in the society ,best management, helthey. Good customer service, cooperating with other workers and giving them respect and gaining experience
Pros
Nice meals
Cons
No time to rest
Productive ang none working of decore designer
Master painter (Former Employee) –  Doha qatarJuly 4, 2018
I am interested to ur company to aply as painter according the legal processing and from my goverment lay,i will porsue my ability and conduction time.
Pros
Free lunches, and allow break in the time.
Cons
Nought time
Friendly work place
Junior Supervisor (Current Employee) –  LondonMay 30, 2018
Not bad work atmosphere. There you can get good costumers service experience. Not really motivated salary. Opportunity to growth up. Friendly managers.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Hard rota
Working Balance
Corporate Director of Engineering (Former Employee) –  Dubai Crporate OfficeMay 27, 2018
A great company to work for , excellent conditions in the working environment. Flexible with regards to the employees needs. You can definitely gain experience with this company.
Pros
dining room, and parking faclities available
Cons
None to mention
Good Experience
Cluster Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Kurdistan RegionMay 17, 2018
Good Experience but 15 month was enough due to the political challenges that force all expats to start looking for another opportunities outside the country.
Good work enviroment
Night Manager (Former Employee) –  LondonMay 14, 2018
It was a my first work experience in the UK.
Overall it was a good experience, I learned immensely with all my co-workers and management team. Being a very hectic hotel in terms of check ins/outs allowed me to solidified my overall skills.
員工福利好
服務生 (Former Employee) –  Copthorne King's hotelMay 8, 2018
我覺得在這間公司實習的時候,可以學習到很多做人處事的態度,因為是在新加坡所以面對不同種族的人民時需要不同的接待方式,公司也安排訓練員工各種職場課程。
Pros
住宿租金有幫忙
Most Enjoyable Job of my Career
Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCMarch 13, 2018
Long term employment that provided me with endless opportunities for growth and advancement and the autonomy to manage and development my department and staff. We were very engaged in employee relations and advancement of staff and employee satisfaction through training and development programs, employee activities and promoting regular feedback through execution of satisfaction surveys. Extensive on-boarding process to include Benefit Orientation & Health & Safety training. Our management team was well bonded in achieving the goals of the organization and genuinely supported each other.
The value of learning to manage and achieve goals with limited financial support was most invaluable. I was provided opportunities to serve on task force committees to support other properties in our portofolio.
Being a member of the Executive Operating Committee enabled us to form a team that worked in the best interest of the property and ownership to achieve the goals set forth.
Pros
Discount Meal Program, Discount Hotel Room Rates, Executive Compensation Bonus Program
Cons
Understaffed
Can’t keep employees or managers
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 5, 2018
While I worked there, there were 2 general managers, different temporary general managers and then no general managed said. The sales staff turned over a lot and reservations seemed to have a revolving door too. The guests complained about the old rooms and the lobby furniture is broken down couches.
Pros
Cafeteria and uniforms
Cons
Low pay, do two peoples job for one salary
Never dull
Account Director (Former Employee) –  London, Greater LondonMarch 4, 2018
High expectations ,opportunity to move to other hotels.Higher than average salary.Team spirit good.Company moved with changing economies.International opportunities
It's A Okay Place To Work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 19, 2017
It Was An Okay Place To Work , We Worked As A Team And Everybody Put Forward A Effort , It Was All About Making Our Customers Happy And Being Great Workers Towards Them And Helping Them With They Needs At All Times .
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Non Communciation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Millennium Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.