Marriott International, Inc. logo
Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Showing all 22,003 reviews

Amazing opportunity to work, learn and develop new skills

It was very nice working with Marriott Resort as I had many different jobs. It was very great working place as it has all the needed for skills development, always pushes us to get better with training courses and on job cross training. Have knowledge and orientation about the whole departments.

Pros

Free meals 3, Accommodation, Health insurance

Cons

1 hour break, 30 days annual vacation

Make sure that the property that you're applying for is not in jeopardy of being sold anytime soon.

The company is great overall. They want you to stay long term and have pretty decent benefits. The downside after working for more than 17 years is the lack of communication when it comes to the property being put up for sale by the owners. Some managers will help you find another job within the company. Some managers don't care and leave you to figure things out for yourself.

Pros

Free lunch( this depends on your property)

Cons

Pay could be decent depending on the location of the property, airport properties tend to pay less than downtown properties, hospitality industry didn't do too well during the Pandemic..

Most awful place to work

They are nice at the interview and when you start they don’t care about you (literally) they just care about the business and always having a go at you for everything. Don’t do this if you have self respect. I started drinking every night when I started this job… to help the stress. Management is awful & unsupportive. In this modern day & age they really need to be kind and treat staff with respect.

Pros

I wish I knew

Cons

Long hours, no social life. Terrible management

Consistent 40 hour work week, decent benefits, and generally good employees to work with are my favorite aspects of the job. Upper management not having a clue of how your position operates is a huge peeve. Pay is underwhelming.

Pros

Benefits, peers

Cons

Some upper management, pay

The great reputation,

Great company to work for , opportunity to grow with the company also to transfer to other Marriott locations , learning new skills and programs u taking classes the company is willing to pay for

Pros

Flexibility on schedule, the work with, you, open doo policy to any top management staff

Cons

Great environment to sharpen your customer service skills.

The Marriott is great company to learn and sharpen your customer service skill. Great entry level job with very good perks. Lots of opportunity no matter where you live in the world.

Communication and appreciate

Communication and appreciate, They take care of you at your job. PTO paid vacation, birthdays off with pay. Discounts on the rooms. Great benefits. Great retirement plan.

Pros

Free lunch, appreciation weeks.

Cons

Busy , interesting, if you like hospitality business it is amazing.

It is a dynamic work, there are possibilities of autonomy, although the basic responsibilities and tasks in the working day are the same, each day is different.Very good benefits, certain properties have contracts with the union that improves the benefits.

Pros

Free lunches, good employee rate for booking hotels, you save money, the company give you uniforms.

Cons

24/7 work holidays, overnight, week ends

This company is organized, depending on the location you work at, pays well for the work you do, and is culturally & ethnically diverse in the people they hire. Not any cons

Productive, satisfaction, teamwork

The guests enjoyed, welcomed, felt home, pleased and satisfied with the timely service skills. Having joyful dining experience exceeding their expectations.

Pros

Teamwork, pleasant environment

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

See more jobs

outdated work policies

Depends on what franchise company owns the location and who manages it. I worked at several and to be honest unless you love hospitality and all the servitude that it comes with you will not like this job.

Pros

meet diverse customer base

Cons

low pay

Muy buen ambiente laboral con café

Es de los mejores trabajos con el.mwjor ambiente laboral y trato a el empleado

Pros

Seguro de vida

Cons

No hay siempre hay una buena solución

Marriott branding

While Marriott was in itself fantastic, you have to bear in mind that hotels are run by various management companies. In my case, the management company was mediocre at best. Thank God that if they didn't live up to Marriott's standards, they would literally remove the Marriott name from any hotel guilty of such.

Pros

Meeting interesting people

Cons

Lack of investment by the management company.

Front-desk associate position was great, but it probably depends on location

I worked as a front-desk associate at a Marriott-managed Townplace Suites location. The job is not too demanding once you get a feel for the routine. My location was not particularly high-volume, so there were many additional tasks I was asked to perform that weren't necessarily typical for a front desk associate, but overall I loved my time there. My co-workers and management team were pretty great, but I would imagine that the entire opinion of this position could change drastically if those aspects were different.

Pros

Steady routine

Cons

Unpredictable guests, mediocre pay, varied hours

Great Company - Tough situation without the pandemic

Overall, it was a great company. They care about employees and seeing you grow as a person and an employee. The pandemic was obviously tough for the industry and it will be interesting to see if they can bounce back.

Demanding place

Great benefits. But they overwork you . In my department, you work for 2 departments and they switch you back and forth. Great pay. Very overwhelming when it is busy.

The guest

Great company to work for . Love the job because of the different guest that I interacted with on a daily basis and the pay was well plus tips. Long as you know how to talk and make drinks it’ll go great

Great Company

Great company to work lot of benefits as well and free lunch in your shift , sometimes the management can be little complicated but go for their way and you’ll be good.

Pros

Free lunch, great benefits .

Muy buena

Creo que es muy buena Beneficios, salario y trato.

Pros

Bueno

It took a lot for me to move on

I worked for Marriott for many years. If covid never happened I would have stayed until I retired. The time away made me realize the commute was trying on me and I wanted more balance. This is a great company. The pay is fair & you are treated professionally. I would absolutely recommend working for them. I learned so much over my 13 years there.

Pros

The people, the discounts, the benefits

Cons

The commute and long hours sometimes

Productive environment and many opportunities

It was very nice working experience to be able to work at Marriott international which is the most famous hotel brand in the world. Like other jobs there’re always stressful situations but If you are really willing to do and solve in a wise way, I am sure that anyone can enjoy this hotelier job

Pros

Free lunch, discounts

Cons

Short breaks, weekend and holiday work

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.