Marriott International, Inc.
Updates from Marriott International, Inc.:
Updated: March 26 2020

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Oman14 reviews
Amazing opportunity to work, learn and develop new skills
It was very nice working with Marriott Resort as I had many different jobs. It was very great working place as it has all the needed for skills development, always pushes us to get better with training courses and on job cross training. Have knowledge and orientation about the whole departments.
Pros
Free meals 3, Accommodation, Health insurance
Cons
1 hour break, 30 days annual vacation
Ambiente de trabajo relajado
Excelente ambiente de trabajo el cual se procupan mucho por el personal
Marriot is an international hotel with a good standard of service
Marriot is one that makes me proud to work here but to also serve in community. Marriot seeks to positively impact the communities in which we work. This speaks to our commitment to spread the light and warmth of hospitality. Beyond that, I am encouraged to have a balanced work-life with the flexibility of working from home.
Excellent
Working under Marriott property is a company that value customer service and the growth of the individual career. The environment of equality is the best part working in Ritz Carlton Hotel
Productive working place
Working with this company is amazing because it is the first favorite travelling company

Good working environment

Adaptive and persistent

Good management

Chatting with colleagues
Pros
3 meals/day
Cons
Health care
workplace culture
Company is very supportive of their associates, however it feels like corporate culture overtakes the brand identity

Otherwise great company to be part of.
Pros
supportive
Cons
too many guidance
Straight business mind
Truly enjoy the development & growth opportunities while the company was expanding, great leaders & people culture. Nowadays, with the most recent merger, the culture is somehow diluted, what a shame!
Pros
Growth potential for key performers
Social ,hard work and team player
Friendly environment with approachable management
Every day to day learn new things from company via task and online training,

All management demonstrate professional skills

Islamic country with lots of culture , friendly and climate changes

Fulfilling internal auditor files

All working as big happy family
Pros
3 times meal
Cons
3 times meal
Number 1 Staff frendly company
Very good working atmosphere and culture. I learned a lot from this multinational company. Everything is hardest part but I am enjoying that very much.
Pros
Providing all meals
we have to be allways think strong&positievly to finish our work, means if we strted thinking like lasy you cannt finish your job complete.
1.My first day in marriott when i joined everthing was new so i was totally confused on that day.
2.To control my self in very busy time means i can handle alone in my section without tension.

3.Frankly speaking i would like to say sorry for the management for not treating the staff propally.

4.When after too much hard work no motivation from your managers and scolding for silly mistakes.

5.When one of the rigional officer came to check all the departments, and in f&b department the officer said to me infront of all managers and GM great service and the service is very kind and he said your restourant is passed that time i was so happy because nobody had expected that this old men will be the officer from the marriott company,so i was really that moment is my best moment in this hotel for me.
Pros
all meals are free for the staff
Cons
there are breaks for the staff like breakfast, lunch, and, dinner.
Enjoying the nature with the team
New property, still not too busy but packed on the weekend or public holidays.

Busy day at spa was something very interesting day for us and hard day when the spa is quiet.
Cons
Going out with the team
Front Desk
Taking Internal and external calls. handling check in check outs... taking room service orders... communicating properly regarding the handovers... handling guest complains...
A good opportunity to learn how to manage and improve yourself
The job is very nice. Gives me a lot of space to prove what I have learnt and gained as experience so far as well as improve and develop my knowledge. I am grateful to work with the company as they have thought me a great number of skills. However I think I should already find a more challenging place where I could manage more people and resources as well as implement what I have learnt during the last two years with the current company. Best part of the work are the guest that we serve as well as the management team who are all very professional, punctual and reliable.
Pros
free accommodation, free meals, free insurance, free trasnportation, competitive salary, 30 days annual paid leave
Cons
no sicial life due to culture of the country and its people
Engineering Supervisor
Daily taking morning briefing .
Good leadership skill.