Mace Employee Reviews

Challenging and Rewarding Workplace
Lead HR Business Partner (Former Employee) –  London, ENGOctober 10, 2014
A fast-paced and rewarding workplace where no day is alike.
OK - not great
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  LondonJuly 1, 2014
Pretty disappointing leadership - some shimmering lights, but few and far between...
Typical day at work
Senior Project Manager (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Heathrow AirportMarch 27, 2014
Day starts early for me; I get more of a chance to finish of previous days meeting notes. This is because throughout the day I attend many different meetings, both to chair the meetings or part take in them. Meeting range from constraints meeting, progress update to the client, change meeting and not to mention commercial updates to a commercial managers.

Time management is important as prioritisations of meetings is essentials; delegating tasks, meeting etc… is also very important but not to delegate responsibilities.

I enjoy working with my co-works as we can rely on each other; being a team player is important.

Being busy is important, makes the day go quicker.
Fantastic Job
Secretary (Former Employee) –  EdinburghFebruary 25, 2014
I loved working for Mace. The role was very busy and varied and everyone on site and working for Mace were friendly and overall it was a great place to work. It ended when the project of the RBS World Headquarters came to an end.
Pros
Salary, Benefits, Staff, Location
Cons
Would grab the opportunity to work at Mace again. Left due to office/project relocation.
CAD Design Technician/Manager (Former Employee) –  Bushey, Herts and then Hatfield, Herts.December 23, 2013
Fantastic company to work for. Great working environment and well structured processes. Career progression opportunities, work/life balance 50/50 and the possibility to climb the career ladder were provided. Highly recommended company to work for.
Pros
Too many to mention.
Cons
My project relocated so my commute would have been 3 - 4hrs a day.
varied and interesting
Carpenter/joiner at specialist company (Former Employee) –  EuropeSeptember 3, 2013
10 hr days
reasonable management
good camaraderie amongst workmates
excellent travel prospects
good rates of pay
A good place to learn
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 21, 2013
This is a place where you can learn a lot and gain experience.
Small number of co-workers with several job duties and responsibilities
Presidents Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSJuly 19, 2012
At the time I worked at M.A.C.E. a typical work day would include a meeting on Monday to kick the week off and discuss the status of each program. One "main leader" was very difficult to work with and was very demeaning, arrogant, and chauvinistic in all areas of his character. However, I learned alot about grant preparations and compliance for several funding entities.

M.A.C.E. is currently operating under its reputation from the "good ole days" and certainly does not have the best interest of its employees or the community at heart! I would love to see a "NEW" qualified individual move the organization forward, based on efforts and not just "favors". A person who does not owe old favors to anyone and only cares about the growth of M.A.C.E. Someone who does not have not old under the table debts that should have been exposed and possibly "prosecuted" long ago.

This is a place that once lead the community to greater things and now stagnant by promoting opportunities to only a select group of favorites instead of the audience it promised grantors it would help serve.
Pros
start work at 9:00 a.m.
Cons
arrogant, chauvinistic, demeaning leader
dinâmica e agradável de trabalhar
INSTRUTORA DE CURSO TÉCNICO (Current Employee) –  Campo Grande, MSJune 26, 2012
- dia típico para trabalho são todos os dias;
- Nós aprendemos todos os dias;
- Direção sempre aberta a comunicação
- Meus colegas são parceiros
- Não identifiquei parte dificil
- gosto muito do que faço, tudo é agradável
Pros
as vezes tem 2 tempos de aula, outros momentos os 4 tempos
Cons
não fornece registro em carteira

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mace. Our community is ready to answer.