Mace Employee Reviews

Enjoyable place to work
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lambeg, LisburnMay 24, 2017
I done work experience here when I was sixteen for school work. After the week of work experience I was offered a lot of Cover work for the shop, often where I'd have been given bonuses by the shop manager for good work. Everybody was friendly and it was a pleasure working for this company.
Pros
Friendly staff and a good social environment
Great company to work for
Assistant Building Surveyor (Current Employee) –  Winchester, HampshireMay 10, 2017
Really good company great benefits. Really good support for trainees aswell and the people are really approachable. Definitely would recommend to any other people looking for a new job
International development company with a branches over world including USA
Deputy Director for design and construction (Former Employee) –  MoscowMay 9, 2017
Very well organised company with a special Training program evaluating personnel up to the international MACE standards
International development company with a branches over world including USA
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Medical insurance
Excellent work lifestyle and experience I gained.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  MoorgateMay 8, 2017
Monitoring all office procedures and activities, providing required support for smooth movement of project, supporting a team of 60 members
• Delegating work to team members, managing their workload, performance and reporting performances to Project Director
• Monitoring two project secretaries and conducting weekly meetings in order to meet targets and deadlines
• Budget management- involved in relocation of London office to Denmark. Therefore I dealt with various agencies and companies for cheaper relocation services. Researched and obtained great deals with in country suppliers for office supplies i.e. stationeries, internet connectivity, mobile data plans, electrical maintenance, car rentals, canteen services, cleaning agents, providing kitchen supplies etc
• Personal Assistant support to Project Director – Diary management, scheduling meetings, car, flight and accommodation bookings, completing timesheets and expenses, authorizing staff timesheets and expenses on behalf of my Project Director
Pros
Travel and secondment
Cons
Can be very time consuming
decent
Traffic Management Operative (Former Employee) –  BracknellApril 16, 2017
ORGANISED, AND HELPFULL IT IS A nice place to work , having food on site was a bnus this made me fel hally and then I also wanted to eat cake and they made it for me
It is a good place to work as you meet new people on a regular babsis
Deli Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carlow (Urban), County CarlowApril 13, 2017
Working in mace has been a good experience I meet new people every day and have dealt with all types of customers which is very inportant for a good work experience.
Pros
Free lunch
feels like home
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Bride's Major EDMarch 16, 2017
I worked with Mace for over 5 years and i loved it, it was an overall laid back job with friendly staff that eventually feel like family. hours a pretty good even if you are a student however i was a part time employee that was working about 40 hours a week due to alot of staff having time off. despite that i didn't mind the extra hours and enjoyed the daily visits from a good majority of the locals. will always recommend.
Pros
choose your breaks, laid back, friendly staff
Cons
hours can vary from week to week on who gets what
Great Workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tullow, County CarlowMarch 14, 2017
This is a great work place I would definitely recommend this job to anyone who whishes to be a part of a great team and learn about Retail and Management.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Long Hours
Good workplace
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County AntrimMarch 11, 2017
Mace us a good company to work for, flexible around studying alongside. However, in the independent store I worked in there wasn't much room for progression I found. Additionally, not a lot of benefits that other retail companies may offer.
Cons
No perks, little progression.
Fun place to work
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Stratford, Greater LondonMarch 2, 2017
Arrive at work in the morning, write up my diary for the work carried out the day before. Log into the server and check my diary to see if there were any meeting or function happen that day.
The learning is always happening and you always being taught by what is happen around. The hardest part of the day is long hours.
Pros
Supply of a laptop with a server to back upnall of your information
Cons
Growing, innovative and ambitious organisation
Marketing and Communications (Former Employee) –  London, Greater LondonFebruary 27, 2017
Mace is an organisation that is still in its infancy when compared with other construction organisations, but one that has achieved a lot in a short period of time.

Boasting an impressive portfolio of projects, Mace is a fun and interesting place to work and is very visible across London.

The workplace culture is a mixed bag between office and project-based stuff, but overall is different to your usual construction organisation.
Productive and professional workplace with great worldwide reputation
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ONJanuary 29, 2017
Overall, a very exciting and professional place to work. Mace pride themselves on developing the best managers with the capability of managing high end clients.

A typical day at work would consist of meeting with the client and design team to review project goals and requirements, constant checking of project programme to make sure we were on time, as well as reviewing clients requirements for cost and quality compatibility.

I learnt that as a project manager, it is important to lead from the front, treat everyone with respect at all times, as well as taking responsibility for your actions. Clear and precise communication is required at all project stages on a regular basis in order to keep the client informed at all times.
Pros
Good job progression potential
Cons
Work life balance could be better
stressful
trainee manager (Former Employee) –  londonJanuary 29, 2017
its a hard working environment but decent company
Fun and lively
Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leicester, LeicestershireJanuary 10, 2017
Great place to work, however a change of career sadly led me away from this type of sector. Many pros and a great friendly team to work with. Really incorporated into a community as part of a small village and a very friendly atmosphere to work in.
Pros
Free meals, lively environment, responsobility
Cons
Long and unsociable hours
Fun work place you are able to listen to mp3 players
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 5, 2017
Very good job assembling mace products test spraying ,clamping and claim shelling also labeling products. You can stand up if you choose to or sit down no phone but you are able to listen to an mp3 played or cd player at your station. I got done with shipments that weren't scheduled until months later. tempt agency lost contract with company that left me without job
Pros
mp3 player
Cons
n/a
a typical day at work
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West MidlandsJanuary 5, 2017
no day is the same, always exciting new challenges ahead. a great company to work for they supported me in my job from start to finish. I learned a lot on the management side of the job within my field of logistics in construction.
1st time working for a Small business
Two-Way Radio Technician (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 13, 2016
The pay was fine, but the management is centered around a mom's & pop's atmosphere. I felt like my education and knowledge was not tested at all.
Productive, Professional and educational environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  DerryDecember 12, 2016
Perfect Job opportunity to learn many essential life skills and a welcoming environment to do it in with friendly staff. Perfect first job for me as the he customer service skills have prepared me well for life
Pros
flexible hours, discounted/ free food
Not bad firm
Electrical Improver (Former Employee) –  BrentfordDecember 5, 2016
Duties included installing floor power some light metal work and wiring installing emergency lighting and normal lighting , wiring LCM pirs, wired outside staircase lighting
Fixer plasterboard
Fixer (Current Employee) –  LondonNovember 19, 2016
I am very responsible try to satisfy all requirements observe strict rules of work and work quickly think I'm perfect your new employee have extensive experience as fikser plasterboard we are 3 people with all the necessary tools will be glad to work for you