Mace Employee Reviews

Busy place
Sale assistant (Former Employee) –  DerryMay 8, 2018
I found my time at the mace was very good for me as it showed me the ability to work on my own and act very quickly when needed as it was a really busy shop.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
a fun and accomodating workplace,full of constant and useful expieriences
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cé na Cille Móire, County WexfordMay 7, 2018
The day would usually begin with simply laying out and stocking new products while replacing the older items, then following that was just general supervision of the store and its customers ending with a generally clean and stock take.I feel I learned valuable skills on consumer communication and general hygiene of a work environment and the importance of its maintenance.The management was always friendly and helpful allowing for easy communication with its staff.The workplace culture was local and made for an overall fun and vivid workforce.The hardest parts were, of course, the heavy lifting and the supervision of the store.While the most enjoyable was the relaxing clean up to cap off the day
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
Small company, ok to work for
Project Manager / Radio Technician (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 9, 2018
Lead a group of underpaid people with little experience in DAS installations. This is the hardest part, getting quality work out of people with little interest in doing quality work. Competent leadership and management helped smooth things over.
It is very productive but not fun
Shop assistant (Current Employee) –  Northern irelandMarch 11, 2018
I dont get paid a good wage and i find it hard to work with some of the staff. The customers are very friendly and make my job a lot easier. I dont get breaks as i work 4 hour shifts
Pros
Ive a job
Cons
Bad pay and hours
Productive and fun workplace
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  ScotlandJanuary 7, 2018
Started early in the morning, would replenish the shelves, clean floors. Greet costumers and guide costumers to the things they need. Organise the storage and packages at the back of the shop.
Pros
Greeting costumers
Cons
Cleaning
quick summery
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 18, 2017
Mace is a place no one should want to work. outside
of the immediate tech supervisor, management is horrible. they
allow certain individuals to do as the please, while placing strict rules on others.
enjoyable
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of YorkshireDecember 10, 2017
I enjoy working as part of a team there, the other employees are very polite and kind. I enjoy the fact that I meet new people everyday. Although the hours can be long and the pay in low.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Low pay
Fair
Stock Controller (Former Employee) –  CorkNovember 20, 2017
I have learnt how to deal with angry customers and how to respond to them in an appropriate manner, I had made new friends with my co workers and it was fun coming in everyday just helping put stock away and being a good socialist.
Pros
Free lunches in our own private area
gfdzg
sdfij (Former Employee) –  dfsjfhNovember 1, 2017
It is a great place to work and it offers great work to life balances it offers great benefits to those who work there and it is a great enviorm,ent to
Not a bad place to work.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Kilbarrack, County DublinOctober 28, 2017
My review of my time in mace kilbarrack was a good/great experience.
I got to learn a lot of tools and had fun meeting lots of new people.
We did a fun day to raise some money for the company which went very well.
productive learning experience
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  DonaghmoreOctober 15, 2017
A typical day would consist of being in charge of opening the shop in the morning. Then serving members of the public all day which I really enjoyed. I was also in charge of training any new staff and putting orders in for new stock.
Pros
good management
productive and fun place
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 6, 2017
Mace was a fair company, I learned how to operate different machines management was always willing to help when needed. There really wasn't a hard part to the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was being around my co-workers and learning different things daily.
Pros
always lunchons
Cons
short breaks
great workplace
Paper Boy (Former Employee) –  DromaraSeptember 21, 2017
the mace is a very good place to work, the staff are very friendly and helpul.
it provides good training opportunities and is a very fun place to work
Pros
free lunch
Cons
lunch is terrible
Productive and lots of learning experience
Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiAugust 20, 2017
MACE is a good learning field, specially for freshers. you will learn lots of experience. Co-workers are very helpful to fresh joiners. you will gain a lot with MACE.
Being that friendly helpful face for customers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County AntrimJuly 31, 2017
Really enjoyed serving the public. This job was demanding in terms of keeping the levels to stock at the correct levels to ensure customer satisfaction and store space etc. The main duties were helping customers, placing orders, shelf merchandising an staff management.
Health and safety was another key factor as the whole store had to be kept cleaned, tidy and safe at all times. This involved cleaning and sanitizing shelves, food area's and fridges daily. brushing & mopping floors to ensure good hygiene.
A lot of my time was spent managing the stock control side and delegation of tasks to other staff whilst helping customers with any queries they may have.
Pros
Happy helping customers at every opportunity
Cons
Did not pay too well
just a great place to work
cashier and shelf stocking (Current Employee) –  blackpoolJuly 18, 2017
Typical day at work is spending time the stock on the shelfs stays full that IS our aim I enjoy working here because you meet new people every day and get to expand your skills while enjoying your job.
Pros
free food
Good workplace.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Douglas, Isle of ManJune 30, 2017
I learnt exactly how to work the till. The hardest part of the job was doing the lottery machine. The most enjoyable part was meeting all the customers. The Management was good.
Pros
Got only a 30 minute break.
Cons
Short hours
productive workplace
Shop Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  GalballyJune 14, 2017
this was a great place to work in regards to socialising with the local community and create friendships with people. the work was very basic and was pleasing to be a part of it.
Fun
Paper Boy (Former Employee) –  Yeovil, SomersetJune 9, 2017
I had lots of fun talking to the costumer, it was a fantastic place to work in. I had a good experience with the job, bieng a paper boy is very fun to do.
A very friendly company
Senior Risk Manager, International Capital Project (Current Employee) –  LondonJune 5, 2017
As Senior Risk Manager , I'm Part of the Consultancy team, we are not base at Mace London. We move around to support different clients in their project deliverable. It's dynamic job, you move around a lot.
Pros
great risk team
Cons
we do long hours due to weekly travels to Europe or other continent