Mace Employee Reviews

Small company, ok to work for
Project Manager / Radio Technician (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 9, 2018
Lead a group of underpaid people with little experience in DAS installations. This is the hardest part, getting quality work out of people with little interest in doing quality work. Competent leadership and management helped smooth things over.
quick summery
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 18, 2017
Mace is a place no one should want to work. outside
of the immediate tech supervisor, management is horrible. they
allow certain individuals to do as the please, while placing strict rules on others.
Productive and lots of learning experience
Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiAugust 20, 2017
MACE is a good learning field, specially for freshers. you will learn lots of experience. Co-workers are very helpful to fresh joiners. you will gain a lot with MACE.
A very friendly company
Senior Risk Manager, International Capital Project (Current Employee) –  LondonJune 5, 2017
As Senior Risk Manager , I'm Part of the Consultancy team, we are not base at Mace London. We move around to support different clients in their project deliverable. It's dynamic job, you move around a lot.
Pros
great risk team
Cons
we do long hours due to weekly travels to Europe or other continent
Great company to work for
Assistant Building Surveyor (Current Employee) –  Winchester, HampshireMay 10, 2017
Really good company great benefits. Really good support for trainees aswell and the people are really approachable. Definitely would recommend to any other people looking for a new job
International development company with a branches over world including USA
Deputy Director for design and construction (Former Employee) –  MoscowMay 9, 2017
Very well organised company with a special Training program evaluating personnel up to the international MACE standards
International development company with a branches over world including USA
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Medical insurance
Excellent work lifestyle and experience I gained.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  MoorgateMay 8, 2017
Monitoring all office procedures and activities, providing required support for smooth movement of project, supporting a team of 60 members
• Delegating work to team members, managing their workload, performance and reporting performances to Project Director
• Monitoring two project secretaries and conducting weekly meetings in order to meet targets and deadlines
• Budget management- involved in relocation of London office to Denmark. Therefore I dealt with various agencies and companies for cheaper relocation services. Researched and obtained great deals with in country suppliers for office supplies i.e. stationeries, internet connectivity, mobile data plans, electrical maintenance, car rentals, canteen services, cleaning agents, providing kitchen supplies etc
• Personal Assistant support to Project Director – Diary management, scheduling meetings, car, flight and accommodation bookings, completing timesheets and expenses, authorizing staff timesheets and expenses on behalf of my Project Director
Pros
Travel and secondment
Cons
Can be very time consuming
decent
Traffic Management Operative (Former Employee) –  BracknellApril 16, 2017
ORGANISED, AND HELPFULL IT IS A nice place to work , having food on site was a bnus this made me fel hally and then I also wanted to eat cake and they made it for me
Fun place to work
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Stratford, Greater LondonMarch 2, 2017
Arrive at work in the morning, write up my diary for the work carried out the day before. Log into the server and check my diary to see if there were any meeting or function happen that day.
The learning is always happening and you always being taught by what is happen around. The hardest part of the day is long hours.
Pros
Supply of a laptop with a server to back upnall of your information
Cons
Growing, innovative and ambitious organisation
Marketing and Communications (Former Employee) –  London, Greater LondonFebruary 27, 2017
Mace is an organisation that is still in its infancy when compared with other construction organisations, but one that has achieved a lot in a short period of time.

Boasting an impressive portfolio of projects, Mace is a fun and interesting place to work and is very visible across London.

The workplace culture is a mixed bag between office and project-based stuff, but overall is different to your usual construction organisation.
Productive and professional workplace with great worldwide reputation
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ONJanuary 29, 2017
Overall, a very exciting and professional place to work. Mace pride themselves on developing the best managers with the capability of managing high end clients.

A typical day at work would consist of meeting with the client and design team to review project goals and requirements, constant checking of project programme to make sure we were on time, as well as reviewing clients requirements for cost and quality compatibility.

I learnt that as a project manager, it is important to lead from the front, treat everyone with respect at all times, as well as taking responsibility for your actions. Clear and precise communication is required at all project stages on a regular basis in order to keep the client informed at all times.
Pros
Good job progression potential
Cons
Work life balance could be better
a typical day at work
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West MidlandsJanuary 5, 2017
no day is the same, always exciting new challenges ahead. a great company to work for they supported me in my job from start to finish. I learned a lot on the management side of the job within my field of logistics in construction.
?
Associated Director - Learning and Development (Current Employee) –  DohaOctober 18, 2016
I am not sure why I am required to review the company I am currently working for?!

It is a good comany. I would love to continue working here, however and unfortunatley the contract with the client is coming to an end.
Unfriendly atmosphere
PA (Former Employee) –  Moorgate StationSeptember 9, 2016
Hardest part of the job is working with quite a few unfriendly people in the company
Co-workers were helpful
Management - "them and us" type of culture
Enjoyable part of the job was working with the immediate co-workers.
Pros
Bupa / Staff canteen
Cons
Unfriendly staff
buena
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  MadridSeptember 5, 2016
poco tiempo en la compañía n tengo una valoración completa para estos momentos
Productive work place
Commissioning Manager (Current Employee) –  LondonAugust 2, 2016
looking after commissioning of all mechanical plant and systems like PH and domestic water systems, chillers,boilers,cooling towers.
In Summary Mace Group is probably one of the better organisations I have worked within over some years,
Property Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Poole DorsetJune 27, 2016
I have worked for and on behalf of Mace Group for 14 months, I can say I am happy with the organisation and its culture, I am currently looking to move on due to personal reasons also the fact that our contractual agreement with this blue chip organisation is up for tender renewal.

If we were to lose the tender renewal I would not want at this location to work for another company should I be TUPE'd across.
Pros
support training and quality staff supporting you at yours and above level.
Cons
Pay, annual performance review and progressions within the organisation?
Suitable Working atmosphere.
DLF as Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  Gurgaon, HaryanaJune 22, 2016
Really suitable Site for High Rise to expose the expertise.
Best Managements
Proper employees care.
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mountmellick, County LaoisApril 2, 2016
good shop, busy most days lots of hours available for work alot to do get on well with most of my co-workers just having difficulties with some co-workers
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
have to pay for lunches and may not get full lunch break, also dont get out on time
nice place to work and nice people to work with
Interim Quantity Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Leeds, ENGSeptember 8, 2015
Best place to work everybody made me feel welcome I would work back here in a heartbeat unfortunately my contract ended however they upheld their side of the deal fully.
Pros
nice people to work alongside
Cons
difficult to get parked near work as in Leeds city centre

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mace. Our community is ready to answer.