InterContinental Hotels Group Employee Reviews

Found 10 reviews matching the search See all 2,558 reviews
Workaholic
Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee) –  OmanJanuary 30, 2018
I am a good worker of intetcontinental hotel. Always on time when i go to work. No late, no absent. This hotel is a very good place to work. They help also a needy people.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
8 hours
First job-First property-full of excitement and joyce
Assistant Head Waiter (Former Employee) –  Muscat, Sultanate of OmanJanuary 30, 2018
I have just finished my High School Graduation exam. I was less than an average caliber student. So naturally I had to look for a job. Some how this hospitality industry admired me as my Father and my elder brother was in the same.

I was called to join Muscat Intercontinental Hotel as a cleaner, but I didn't mind. Rather I felt it was the right ladder to come up in life. So I had started. By 1990 till my father passed away, I held the position of a restaurant Supervisor, in 6 years.

It was the biggest achievement in my career, where I built my pillars of career firmness.
Company that gives the right opportunity and platform to grow
Banquet Service Manager (Current Employee) –  MuscatNovember 7, 2017
IHG is a world of opportunities. Company that have strong values and great leaders to work with. It gives you the right opportunities at the right time. IHG looks after its people and provides right tools to excel in your job.
Pros
Opportunities around the world
Good place to work in a beautiful country
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Muscat, Sultanate of OmanJune 28, 2017
A great people oriented place to work. Being a very old property, we learned the importance and power of good customer service to make sure our guests would feel welcomed and special. The property has been through management changes but always making sure their employees are feeling happy working for the company. I was working for the Sales Department but working hard on getting ready to move to the Learning and Development department in the future. I completed my cross training and started conducting some chapters of the Corporate Orientation for newcomers and few other training sessions for our employees. I am grateful I had the opportunity to expand my experience and develop myself.
Pros
They give you the opportunity to grow and develop yourself on different areas
Cons
I wanst very motivated by the salary offered
Good
Assistant Finance & Business Support (Former Employee) –  MuscatJune 10, 2017
Overall it is nice company with more than 4000 hotels around the globe. Learned a lot from here.. There can be great opportunity as lot of hotels are coming up
great resort
Restaurant Captain (Former Employee) –  Muscat, OMMarch 22, 2017
beautiful resort and loved the location, the team, management and work was extremelly great.
would wait to go towork daily and experience new challenges and be with the team.
Dynamic work place to work
Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Muscat, OMFebruary 5, 2017
I would rate a typical day at work is ten it was fun loving place more than a office.I had fun doing my training at recreational department which was totally new subject for me on my training schedule. Management and work culture was was friendly and open minded.Hardest part was the language barrier at lower level.Free hotel food and gym was the most enjoyable part
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short break
Excellent work environment
Personnel Secretary to the Personnel Director (Former Employee) –  MuscatMarch 1, 2016
Thoroughly enjoyed my time in the Hotel as we had a very united and happy team in the HR Department. It was a very busy department, handling guest requirements as well as looking after 380+ staff from many different nationalities from the selection process to employment to staff welfare to termination, but the ease in which we worked as a team made the work load/pressure seem bearable and effortless. The learning process was immense. We had training courses on a regular basis to ensure that we were up to date with the current computer packages etc., which were carried out in-house and the effective team effort ensured that all matters relating to our Department was executed efficiently. The hardest part of the job was terminations and the most enjoyable part was organizing staff welfare functions and award ceremonies, especially for the long serving employees, who were many. A happy environment to work in ensures long serving, dedicated and loyal staff.
Pros
There are many priviledges that you have when you work for the hospitality Industry
Cons
Long hours, work under alot of pressure, difficulty to please everyone all the time
Company with strong employer branding
Human Resources Consultant - Oman region (Former Employee) –  MuscatAugust 2, 2015
Within 9 years of work with the company I have been stretched, developed and given opportunity to grow.

I admire HR systems used in the company that allows it to become globally recognized for its performance management, learning and development, succession planning and talent management processes that are leading in the industry.

I am a big advocate of IHG