Hyatt Employee Reviews

Found 18 reviews matching the search See all 8,627 reviews
Satisfaction
DIRECTOR OF SALES (Former Employee) –  OmanJanuary 27, 2019
Mon dernier poste occupé à Oman en tant que Directeur de Vente au Grand Hyatt Hotels dès Avril 2017, en large gérant une équipe de huit professionnels m’a permis de mettre en valeur les qualités de Leader plus, j’ai contribuer au développement commercial pour les ventes et marketing ; création de stratégie pour aboutir aux objectifs financiers. Mais ce dont je suis probablement le plus fier est le soutien constant au sein des projets développement apporté à toutes les équipes avec lesquelles je travaille, qui en retour me confient de plus en plus de tâches à réaliser au-delà du périmètre d’un Directeur.
Pros
experience sur un nouveau marché
Cons
defies de recrutement d'expatriés
it is a beautiful brand to work with.
Demi chef de partie (Former Employee) –  muscatNovember 5, 2018
it is a pleasure to be a part of this brand..i am having an experience of more than 8 years .currently i am working in muscat hyatt as a demi chef de partie in a fine dining Italian restaurant.
Pros
beautiful brand to work with
Cons
nothing!
Amazing Managers
Assistant Manager Front Office then in Training (Former Employee) –  MuscatJune 17, 2018
I worked with some Amazing team during my career at Grand Hyatt Muscat what a pleasure. I So wish we had Hyatt in Glasgow I will be the first to join.
Pros
Free meals, management trust you can do yoir work, family feel and lots of care
Cons
Salary and Benefits
Interestingly relaxed and fun going
Chef De Partie (Former Employee) –  MuscatJune 8, 2018
staff meeting determining Goal
learned to mix with cultures learnt a little of the language
always puts new challenges to achieve
interactive peaceful
off days
Pros
good staff food
Cons
transport
It was one of my carrier best period.
Banquet Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  MuscatJanuary 13, 2018
It was my pleasure to work with the company like Hyatt and i have learn lot of things from the hotel and the owners and the Management is really good and very friendly. I am always willing to work again with Hyatt if i am having a chance. I know they going to open one in sri lanka as an sri lankan i am happy to work their if i have any chance.
Muscat has the worst Hyatt management ever!
Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  MuscatJuly 11, 2017
No strategy, no plans, too many group meetings with no decisions taken.. no employees one-to-one meetings. They change plans every 2 days and fire employees with no prior warnings!
Fun and enjoyable place to work.
Senior spa therapist (Former Employee) –  MuscatJune 30, 2017
The Grand Hyatt, Muscat, Oman, was a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere to work in. I really enjoyed working with the Team here and liked meeting lovely people.
Pros
Pay
Cons
n/a
Working in hayat hotel is great opportunity for people
Waiters (Current Employee) –  OmanFebruary 12, 2017
Grand hayat hotel is very popular hotels in oman I like the hotel very much all should try to job in grand hayat hotel oman I am trying to do job in grand hayat hotel in waiters
Pros
Many facilities r provide there like food .home.
Cons
You can short break and helathcare everything they provide
Multi cultural work experience
Housekeeping Manager (Current Employee) –  Muscat OmanJanuary 12, 2017
Grand Hyatt Muscat is a very well know hotel in the heart of muscat It is popular among business travelers as it is centrally located . Being mostly a business hotel its peak days are from Sundays to Thursday , day starts with team meeting , providing and seeking information from team members on how the current day looks like . Arrivals for the day , previous days guest feedback , area to focus etc. Hardest part of the job would be dealing with suppliers not based in Muscat . The enjoyable part would be dealing with me team .
Productive and fun working environment. Allowed me to express my creative side.
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  MuscatApril 29, 2016
Work is mostly routine but learning is always possible with the constantly evolving standards of the company. My co-workers are friendly and very helpful at work. Teamwork can be greatly observed despite the multi cultural work environment. The most enjoyable part in each day at work is that feeling of accomplishment on meeting the needs of your guests and there are even times that you will exceed their expectations. My passion to impart my knowledge and skills to my co-workers give me some sense of fulfillment knowing that both of us has learned.
Pros
Free Meals, Transport to and from the hotel, wifi at accommodation, laundry services, breakfast during weekends at accommdation
Cons
Limited areas of growth for expatriates
I was in grand club and meet lot of new people
Work as team leader at executive floor (Former Employee) –  OmanSeptember 25, 2015
I learn lot in Graand Hyatt by doing cross training and with a training session with our training manager.Management was very good, co worker was like a family no hardest part in working for me,to meet lot of guest in grand club.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Muscat, Sultanate of OmanSeptember 14, 2015
I am working 6 days in a week. I got only one day off. Co -workers are friendly. I've learned how to focus more ion my job and I enjoy our team building as always.
Pros
Free Meals from Morning to Evening and Free Service from Hotel to Accomodation
Cons
Great exposure and enhancement to career
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Muscat, MAAugust 7, 2015
Being sick 38 hrs of duty without break.
Strong dedication and hard work can bring a recognition.
Somehow good.
Not much of skilled, had to give a lot of trainings.
Every technical points of cooking to be taught by practical demo even its very busy.
Trainings all the time.
Cons
• Supervising staff and see that the proper work is carried out in the department on time Handling guests queries.
TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  muscat sultanate of omanJune 16, 2015
• Doing worker promotions settings target goal achievement food & beverage costing and making Profit & Loss reports.
• Budgeting Forecast
• Taking training classes for market promotion social skills salesmanship personal Hygiene attitude etc.
• Setting daily operation target goal achievement food costing market promotion and other restaurant related jobs as and when desired by the management.

• To maintain the Room Service Inventory / Par stock.
• Assigning the Duties and Making Duty Roster for the staff.
• Man power handling and job delegations.
• Maintaining the Room Service Requisitions as per daily requirements of the restaurant.
Having Experience of managing Food and Beverage operation at supervisory level with 9 years of relevant experience in 5 star hotels.
Assistant Manager - Room Service (Former Employee) –  Muscat Sultanate of OmanOctober 18, 2013
Responsible for both elements of Food & Beverage department.
Lead and motivate the team on a daily basis to assist in maintaining Hyatt brand standards
Performance Evaluation of all staff members in the department
Ensure the Reservations runs smoothly and efficiently all day, every day, and our guests are well
Looked after.

Doing worker promotions settings target goal achievement food & beverage costing.
To ensure that all menus are correctly calculated to ensure maximum gross profit.
To ensure that all stocks are ordered to the correct quantities, quality and price. To ensure that sufficient stocks of all materials are being kept and stored under the correct conditions.
Develop local suppliers for cost effective alternatives.
To ensure the prompt and efficient service of all meals, snacks, functions and beverages to the required standards.
To ensure that profit margins are maintained, agreed costs are not exceeded through effective control systems, including issuing against dockets, sales analysis, menu costing and cash checks.
All statutory requirements regarding a food and beverage operation that all licenses, including special licences, are timeously applied for and that the conditions affecting the issues of liquor licence are not jeopardized.
Leadership skills to enhance customer service levels and develop the team whilst maintaining efficient and accurate accounting procedures.
Fully aware of trends in the industry and make suggestions for improvement of the F & B operation.
I start at grand hyatt as a bar tender, Head Bar tender, supervisor
Assistant Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  Muscat, MAAugust 24, 2013
Maintains good relations with regular guest, Increase level of guest satisfaction
Pros
playing cricket
Cons
8 hour, but i do work more than the 8 hours per day
Producing food for coffeshop buffet
Chef De Partie (Former Employee) –  Muscat , OmanJune 28, 2013
When staff leaving.
managed to handle large no of guests.
good with strong discipline of work.
Friendship to cover pressure.
Day of promotion.
Pros
kid eat free food with 2 main meals.
Cons
as per rota