Hilton Garden Inn Hotel

Hilton Garden Inn Hotel Employee Reviews

Showing all 2,337 reviews
Overall I was happy working at the Hilton Garden Inn in the restaurant as a server.
Server (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYFebruary 25, 2020
The Hilton Garden Inn in Laramie Wyoming was an upbeat and positive place to work. I was happy to work their and serve customers who were often in a good mood on vacation.
Productive and fast-paced work environment
Night Auditor and Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 25, 2020
I started this job to grow as an individual both professionally and on a personal level. I have always been able to start and carry on conversations with those I interact with, and this job has allowed me to build on those communication skills. I receive the leadership that I am looking for as a professional both on and off the job when available. A typical day consists of addressing the needs and concerns of guests and appropriately allocating the resources needed to complete those tasks such as maintenance concerns, billing inquiries, and meeting room scheduling. The culture here really speaks to the help one can receive when something needs to get done, everyone lends a helping hand. The hardest part of the job is trying to find a solution for everyone who has an issue with their stay. It is hard to please everyone and what I've learned is to not make promises to customers where their needs cannot be met. As long as concerns and issues are accounted for, and the proper resources are assigned to these issues, we are doing our best work. The greatest part about working for this company is that it is easy to have a positive attitude when I come to work. Everyone enjoys being here, and conversations are always fun yet professional.
Pros
Happy faces, nice customers, and good coworkers. Benefits, and compensation is great, too.
Cons
No breaks.
Unfairness
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  12828 san pedro san antonio tx 281February 25, 2020
Personal group click with well know co workers no team work creates division amongst workers no management support at all favoritism is a big problem unfair work environment. I was very disappointed with this employment location
It was a good experience for someone who is a little bit rusty in housekeeping
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 25, 2020
It's a great place to work. Nice people majority of the time. Not a lot of time to clean rooms though. It wears you out especially if you haven't done housekeeping in a long time.
Pros
Nice people good learning experience
Cons
Not enough training
Job satisfaction
Chef (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIFebruary 24, 2020
Love the job, the people I work with, and the management. Have been here since the construction stage. Will be here till I retire. Great company, even though we seem to go through a lot of management staff. I attribute that to growing pains. I would recommend this facility to anyone looking for stable employment.
Fun workplace at times
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAFebruary 24, 2020
I like my job to be fun and like to enjoy coming to work. Sometimes that's hard but overall not bad. Pretty much like any other job. It's not perfect but it does keep me going.
Meeting all cultures from all over the world
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXFebruary 24, 2020
Can be fast paced during busy seasons and is a great environment to work in. The staff are amazing and teamwork was always priority. I had a lot of fun working there, one of my best jobs yet.
Don't do it! Not worth the time or money.
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 24, 2020
Awful work experience. Managers has favoritism. Breaks every rule in the book and you take the blame. Pay is awful. I was promised a raise and never received it. They expect you to do your job but half a@! do theirs.
Great coworkers, not intrusive and very helpful.
PREP COOK (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 23, 2020
I worked weekends morning shifts, getting breakfast ingredients ready and getting everything in position for the breakfast cook. It was a friendly work environment. Sometimes communication was a bit strained, but overall it was a pleasant experience.
Poor
Banquet Setup/Server (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LAFebruary 22, 2020
I lost my position because I was accused of stealing no proof no investigation and handling by someone other than HR who had no authority to do so no investigation is would had look at surveillance I would still be working
Do not work here if you want to feel valued
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDFebruary 22, 2020
The management is awful. Quick to tell you what you are doing wrong. If you want to work 8 hours with no lunch break any breaks this is for you. No good training either to be successful at your job.
un trabajo ok
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCFebruary 21, 2020
es una empresa sin beneficio, la paga es bien baja el personal para trabajar es bueno pero la compania no es buena para trabajar si es oara algien que tenga que mantener una familia
very nice atmosphere
Food and Beverage Agent (Former Employee) –  New Delhi, DelhiFebruary 21, 2020
i learned many things ..inspire me lot. i put my all efforts to be a number 1. and also i did it .. The team work helps each other to complete the work smoothly... THANKS TO HILTON
Amazing
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 21, 2020
fun place to work. Learned alot. Made new friends. This a place that's always kept clean. Everyone is very friendly and full of fun. Take a visit and have fun
Unprofessional
Breakfast cook (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 21, 2020
The schedule for the upcoming week wouldn’t be posted until the day before. When asked for a review, management refused and denied a raise after 9 months of being employed. Manager expects you to cook for restaurant and do banquet prep for parties of 100+ simultaneously, on minimum wage. I had 10 years of experience and I got paid minimum wage. I would never refer someone to apply here.
Nice place to work
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 20, 2020
When I worked here, it was laid back and very little micro managing. The new owners of the hotel had an awesome benefit package for non salaried employees and paid bonus incentives often. There didn't seem to be much room for advancement though while I was there and I really look for that from an employer. All in all though everyone works well together and you really get a team environment where everyone helps out. The hotel is smaller (100 rooms) and is a good place to learn how to work the front desk and how a hotel works. Pay is low compared to other hotels in the area but good steady work. The change up in ownership and management may have changed but before it was a great place to work.
Pros
Benefits, good culture, learning hotel
Cons
low pay
Decent environment
Executive Sous Chef / Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 20, 2020
Most of the upper management are friendly, helpful and easy to work for. There are some concerns with communication with some of the management personnel.
Es un lugar muy positivo donde se trabaja en familia donde premian tu esfuerzo
Cocinero comedor de empleados (Former Employee) –  En cocina y comedorFebruary 19, 2020
Excelente ambiente de trabajo con mucho aprendizaje para mi y poder compartir mis conocimientos me sentí como en casa
Pros
Buen ambiente laboral
Cons
Ninguna
Not a bad place to work
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sharonville, OHFebruary 18, 2020
Nice job that you don’t mind going to the pay and regular raises could be better. Everyone gets along very well like being around your second family. They need better benefits
Hilton is great. My corp. owners were not!
Breakfast Server (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 18, 2020
Hilton is a great company to work for, the corp owners of my location were cheap and don't appreciate their employees.
I would recommend Hilton but not my corp.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hilton Garden Inn Hotel. Our community is ready to answer.