Hawthorn Muscat English Language Centre

highly professional
good work culture
highly professionalism.

learned good communication skill

learned team building and how to work under pressure.

the most enjoyable part of job is frequent staff get together
Extremely unprofessional, disrespectful and incompetent management.
This company appeared to be a legitimate business at the start of my contract but things progressively got worse as time went on. My main task was to teach but there were four or five students in the classes. The manager (An American man) was barely present and not supportive at all. I was kept busy for 8-9 hours per day, however, with other tasks: helping the few receptionists we had to answer phones and deal with customers, organizing classes (the management's job), creating and fixing all of the course exams, doing placement tests (basically the company's only marketing) and any other tasks the management could think of to keep us busy at all times.

The main problems with this company are the management and the legality of the way they conduct business. The people that are in management are rarely at the school to deal with day to day issues (and there are many). They are usually "sick" or "on business in Dubai". The teachers are then pressured into acting as management most of the time and are treated poorly despite this. We were pressured into working on the weekends many times. The management actually suggested I work seven days a week once. There is never enough staff and the management rarely works so most of the work falls on the teachers. This creates an atmosphere of stress and anxiety. There was never any feedback on job performance nor was there any positive reinforcement. However, the management was very quick to remind us what we were doing wrong.

There was absolutely no opportunity for job advancement.

There were many things happening that were illegal
 - more...
Pros
Salary is okay.
Cons
No communication, No respect, work constantly for 8-9 hours per day, lots of pressure to work on the weekends, incompetent management, didn't pay on time
Awesome place!
A great place to work...left it only beacuse I had to relocate to Chennai....
Pros
Like a family
Cons
Finance Head!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hawthorn Muscat English Language Centre. Our community is ready to answer.
Hawthorn Muscat English Language Centre Reviews by Job Title