Hampton by Hilton

Hampton by Hilton Employee Reviews

Found 8,451 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,452 reviews

Weddings Galore!

I really enjoy this job and it's very rewarding as I deal with mostly brides/groom, and brides/grooms mother's. Getting to speak with them and/or meet them long before their event and then feeling their tension and excitement leading up to the big day is my favorite part. I learned a lot about sales and customer service while dealing with team involvement and the front desk as well. The hardest part of this job is getting the backlash from something that wasn't my fault, such as a mistake that the front desk made.

Pros

Great employee travel rate

Cons

Position has been changed from full-time to part-time

Low compensation and overworked

This is only a good place to work if you like to be overworked, undermined, and underpaid. Crazy work schedules and demeaning management. Gossiping is extremely common, as well as constant manager and employee changes. Very unstable but has potential.

Pros

Free leftover breakfast after the kitchen closes for the customers

Cons

Crazy work hours with a lot of gossip

It’s a job

Over worked and underpaid. I know it not the managers fault, but the company really need to pay their workers more for the work that they do. Pleasant work environment

Pros

Discount on rooms

Cons

Pay

Manager

Horrible place to work. The company doesn't care about the employees or management. They talk down to you and expect you to just sit there and take it. Which is a horrible way to manage. You will have no days off nor will you have any time to rest for another 16 hour to 20 hour shift. there is no support

Family Business

No need to attempt working here if you have the intention of advancement in your career. Family is over entire hotel and will literally take any shift you are scheduled so they can get overtime and then some. Favoritism is inevitably of the most prominent

Los companeros son agradables

Es un empleo para iniciar la experiencia de trabajo en este pais.

Pros

Los beneficios standars

Cons

Muy intenso

Productive and great place to work for, however if your looking for a place to make money, this is not the place to work for

The job was great itself. This was a job I actually did enjoy getting up everyday and going to. The people I worked with were great including the management, I never once had a problem with anyone,however I did have some life situations and deaths in my life at this time and management helped so much with my time off. The only downfall with this position and any position at the hotel is the PAY, horrible pay for the work you do. Bust butt for no pay, if your looking to make money, this is not the job, paid by the room and no hourly pay, you don't even puch in and out on a time clock, I thought that was the only downfall however enjoyed my time there, and yes I would go back to work there...

Pros

Great environment. Happy place to work

Cons

Pay

Los jefes solo velan por sus intereses y no les importan sus empleados.

Nunca me quisieron dar un aumento a pesar que hice el trabajo solo, durante tres meses con resultados sobresalientes, además estuve trabajando durante 21 días continuos.Finalmente les indique que me iría y el GM de turno coloco una nota negativa para que no me tomaran nunca más. Me quedaron debiendo mis vacaciones y días libres.

Pros

Algunos buenos compañeros.

Cons

No hay mejoras salariales.

Scottsburg location is under managed

I would not working at the Hampton Inn in scottsburg Indiana until it is under new management, the GM does not treat employees fair, there is employees that does not receive pay for hours they worked, common mistakes made by employees is talked about by the GM to other employees. Work ethnics is very poor.

Constantly understaffed with a high turnover rate due to poor management

I strongly advise against working for this location.I can't speak about other Hilton properties, but this one in particular has been a shipwreck from day one. I know this because I was employed there before the hotel even opened.To make a long story as short as I can, most of this location's problems boil down to poor management and a toxic work environment. Blame can't be placed solely on management, but they do carry the bulk of it. For my entire 10 month total experience working there, employees were expected to overwork themselves to keep the hotel afloat, and there was a struggle to find and keep new employees because of this heavy workload placed on everyone. Some shifts lasted between 12-18 hours of constant, fast-paced labor. To management's credit, ample breaks were provided. However, most employees I spoke with all agreed that we cared more about getting home to our families, or having time to complete school work. The expectation that we had to stay and work more than double the usual shift length directly contributed to the aforementioned cycle of losing more employees than we were gaining.In an attempt to try and find a positive to include in this review, all I can say is that I loved my coworkers. Most of the people I worked with were fun and resilient, and even though we spent many shifts crying together over the long hours and rough conditions, most of us were able to keep each other in relatively good spirits, despite it all. Obviously with the high turnover rate, the list of staff is constantly changing. However, the ones who have stuck it out and are still -

Pros

Semi-flexible scheduling, frequent breaks

Cons

Heavy workload, high turnover rate, consistently understaffed, poor management, irregular hours

Okay place to work if the manager likes you

They care far too much about appearances, to the point where you don't get actual breaks and are expected to shortcut your "break" if someone comes to the desk needing something without anyone to cover for a half hour. Food? Forget it, no time. Loved my coworkers, but management needs work.

Great place just poor income

I love my job, but man it sure is tough to make a living working front desk for a hotel. The hours and health/dental benefits are great, I work 40 hours a week and get off when I’m supposed to. The problem is that hotels in general do not pay very much. Management opportunities (which pay alright) come up once in a blue moon, and if you’re lucky enough to get a position in management, there will be the added stress of working 55 hour weeks and being on-call for the times you are off. Hotels never close, which puts a lot more stress on management, so the increase in pay is arguably worth the stress. In all, great place to work if you just need a “job” but not suitable for a longterm career in my opinion.

My co workers and management are very understanding and create a great work environment

I love working at Hampton they have been patient understanding and made work something not to dread. I love work with the guest and have a lot of opportunities and benefits working there

Boring

It is a perfect job if you love to do nothing. You sit at the front desk all day and check people in and out and that’s about it.

Pros

More hours

Cons

Boring

It's a pretty easy company to work for, it does get extremely busy

I enjoyed working at the Hampton, I left because I was needing Healthcare benefits, which wasn't an option at the Hampton, I did work a lot of weekends and holidays, which was taxing for my family sometimes.

Pros

Worked with some really nice people

Cons

No Healthcare options

They promote within.

under renovation, unhealthy work environment, poor management. Can be fired for no reason and not giving a verbal warning at all. They can't keep Assistant General Managers. The housekeepers are rushed and overwhelmed to the point that they quit.

Pros

Cons

no breaks, overworking, poor managemen. unsafe work environment. t.

Long hours but great colleagues

Stressful situations with guests particularly over the weekend. But with a supportive team, everyone pitched in to solve problems such as food and beverages shortages or housekeeping issues.

Pros

Great co-workers

Excelente

It’s good job! The tema work is excellent, dynamic and friendly.

Nice place...but worked there years ago

This place is no longer the Hampton Inn, but nice place to work...It was clean, training was simple and they had a really great team. The GM was really awesome and understanding.

This is a great place to work for . Lots of fun great people I wish I was still there but bus to long 😕 over all this is a great place mangers will help you if you have problems they will help fix it.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Great location for tours.

Nice place to work. The management went above and beyond to assist the employees in having a productive day at the office. They believe in team work and recognize openly with the other employees a job well done.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hampton by Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits
  • Hampton by Hilton
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?