GE Renewable Energy Employee Reviews

Great employee culture, excellent management
Chemical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  LisburnDecember 3, 2019
My internship was a great experience, I got great industry experience, developed new skills and learned a lot. The employees were all very helpful and the company culture was excellent. I was given a good level of freedom from management to develop in areas I wanted to, whilst also being given guidance when needed. An excellent company to work for overall.
Culturally diverse environment that encourages innovative thinking
Senior Director - Digital Marketing (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONNovember 22, 2019
GE Renewable Energy is extremely diverse and collaborative work environment. Everyone is encouraged to express their views and hold to the company's integrity and ethical standards. GE embraces diversity and looks at ways to foster work, life balance.
International and multicultural environment.
FP&A Leader (Former Employee) –  Nuevo LeónNovember 20, 2019
Reporting to different managers in different countries. Project management with cross-functional team. Fun environment with young people. Job stability.
GE is a dying company that doesnt care
Shift Coordinator in 2015 (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 17, 2019
This company doesnt care about you as a person. If you have a life or want to get a life, good luck. You are and will always be a number. I worked for them for about 12 years and was dismissed without remorse.
Productive and Challenging workplace
EHS Specialist (Current Employee) –  Patna, BiharNovember 15, 2019
It's good experience working with General Electric. All employees are Co-operative and supportive to achieve goals of minimum standard of organisation.
environnement de travail assez agréable
Suivi financier de projets (Former Employee) –  Puteaux (92)October 21, 2019
BIEN dans l'ensemble , environnement de travail agréable.
Empresa com uma dinâmica excelente.
Estagiaria de Engenharia de Desenvolvimento de Produto (Current Employee) –  Taubaté, SPOctober 17, 2019
Minha experiência na GE está sendo muito boa, aprendi muito e desenvolvi muito na minha carreira de engenheira, as pessoas aqui são muito colaborativas e estão sempre dispostas a ajudar. Os desafios que enfrento são desafiadores porém no final são muito gratificantes.
Pros
Refeição, Beneficios
Terrible Boss
Warehouse Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MS 38654October 15, 2019
BJ is a bully. She won't let you talk to your coworkers. Watches everybody like we're a science experiment. Treats us like children. Big negative change since 2017.
high turn over rate
Wind Turbine Technician (Current Employee) –  Tumbler Ridge, BCOctober 12, 2019
very hard to coordinate logistic for the site. a do more with less mentality so technicians are doing the a very robust and stressful set of job duties
A place to learn, grow & thrive
Software (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 6, 2019
GE Renewable Energy is a growing organization in a really cool sector. Being the best in the industry comes with great responsibility - most notably maintaining the ability to innovate and grow. GE Renewable Energy Digital Services does this well by taking modern approaches to software development and organizational structure. Working at GE RE is hard work and there are no free rides, but it that, you will be rewarded.
Pros
Cool industry, competitive pay, empowered work environment and room to grow
A good place to work
Lead Controls Engineer (Current Employee) –  StaffordSeptember 30, 2019
Employees can learn a lot of skills and experience on different aspects. Work is full of challenge. People are nice here. Benefits are good and salary is OK.
Fast paced work environment
Technician (Current Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 28, 2019
Great opportunities for experienced technical specialists.
Focus on culture varies depending on work location.
Hardest part of the job is work/life balance.
Most enjoyable part of the job is diversity in duties.
Bitter Sweet - The way GE prematurely ended my assignment
Voice of Customer (VOC) Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYSeptember 23, 2019
I am an alien resident and GE was my first place of employment. I was hired as a contract worker who was super excited about the job role. At the beginning, my hiring manager related that my manager really liked me and was pleased to hire me. As time progressed I was called aside to be told that my fragrance was an issue of concern in the office, which I thought was very discriminating because I used bath and body works products that I see on other employees desk and are even used in their restrooms for hand lotion. My manager asked me to stop wearing the fragrance and if I did not then she will have to let me go. At this point in time I got concerned and also scared so I agreed to stop wearing the fragrance just so that it would resolve the matter at hand - my odor.

Suddenly, I began to experience insufficient training for new task that were assigned to me so I decided to relate my concern to my manager. Instead of her embracing my concern, my manager began to belittle my performance by informing me that I am under performing. I related to her where my issues were then one Monday I went to work and I received a phone call from my hiring manager who related to me that my assignment has come to an end without reason. When I asked how is this possible event though we have an agreed contractual duration, my hiring manager kept repeating that the assignment came to an end.

I was devastated with no explanation or reason for the conclusion, which I thought was handed to me in an unfair manner. Overall, I was still happy to have experience working for GE but at the same time
  more... it was a bitter sweet moment where I felt discriminated against and treated unfairly. I hope this never happens to anyone else.  less
Environnement de travail stressant
ASSISTANTE CONTROLEUR DE GESTION (Former Employee) –  Boulogne-Billancourt (92)September 22, 2019
journée de travail stressante, manager qui fout la pression à tout le monde, Bon CE , salaire et avantages corrects mais le coté bien être n'y est pas
Rát tốt
Thực tập sinh (Former Employee) –  Hải PhòngSeptember 7, 2019
Các nhân viên có trình độ cao, luôn nhiệt tình hỗ trợ các thực tập sinh trong công việc
Great Organization
Warehousing Lead / Operations Lean / Lead Planner (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 29, 2019
This site (GE Renewables in Pensacola, FL) was a great place to work. Very family-like atmosphere and great people. I would gladly apply again for roles there should I ever move back to Pensacola, FL.
It was a great place to work
Director, Software Engineering (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAAugust 2, 2019
GE is a great company to work for, however, upper management needs to start caring more about their people than making a few extra bucks.
Work life balance is the culture in this company, this is one of the reasons most employees are dedicated to this company.
Individual Managerial Styles Vary Widely
Staff DT Product Manager - Services (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJuly 30, 2019
Management Structure is top-heavy and inconsistent. Directors/Sr Directors are abundant and manage from 1 to several dozen Projects and Staff. Lean and Agile are "practiced" but exceedingly inconsistent across vertical silos
Nice place to work
Technician (Current Employee) –  Andra, Andhra PradeshJuly 6, 2019
Skills development place.Lot of things to know. Performing maintenance task in all the turbines.Fist day of work the work seem like little bit of hard.but after it will be good.
Great Team
EHS Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Soldier's Pond, NLJune 10, 2019
Overall great team to work with. Learned a lot of different things especially from the electrical standpoint. Overall great experience. Exceptional work was done by all involved.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Renewable Energy. Our community is ready to answer.