Four Seasons

Four Seasons Employee Reviews

Showing all 2,196 reviews

Creative and productive work place

* Handling the day to day operation. * I have learned many things during my work at the FS, how to handle the difficult people, who to be patient and to focus more to achieve my goals. *The culture is the best in the world, ( Treat others the way you would like to be treated. * There is no hardest part, it is all about loving your job and it will not be hard at all. * Team spirit.

Official response from Four Seasons

July 2, 2019
Thank you for your review and letting us know that we’re on the right track! We love hearing reviews like this about what makes working at Four Seasons so special.

Corporate Capitalist Greed

This hotel will work you to the bone and always demand more of you. They don’t care about your physical or mental health whatsoever, only the bottom line of money and productivity. Management will appear chipper and friendly but is really just a facade for their exploitation, gaslighting, and overwork of employees, giving us Stockholm syndrome because they know we can make decent money there at the expense of our health and life balance. You are completely disposable here and they will chew you up and spit you out.

Pros

Free lunch, good pay

Cons

Sometimes no breaks (labor violations), No Work/Life Balance, Passive-aggressive treatment and behavior from both management and co-workers

Culture of Overwork but good benefits

Not sure if every department has the issue, but being asked multiple times to stay late and finish up duties that aren't in your job description because they are continuously short-staffed. The hotel is now fully booked without the staffing/infrastructure in place. Agents are undertrained and expected to learn as they go. Supervisors get paid extra to do the same duties as an agent that overtakes these duties when the supervisor is not available (a trend). I've seen over 7 employees join and leave in a 7 month span. The turnover is so high and some management instead of appreciating and congratulating the hard workers that stay, gives them more duties and scolds for the issues that do accidentally and occasionally occur. Overall, not recommended. Can't even use benefits until 6-months. And taking sick days is frowned upon because of the staffing and scheduling issues.

Pros

Free lunch, travel perks, easy to request days off (sometimes don't need to use PTO), coworkers are friendly and diverse, HR is kind and always open-door, uniforms cleaned for you, consistent appreciation from HR, can easily transfer departments at 6-months, can transfer properties at 1-year

Cons

Lack of trust in leadership at times and work/life balance is difficult to manage, can't use benefits for 6-months (FT) or 1-year (PT), if you ever have a manageable work-flow, management adds additional duties so that you are always drowning in things to do, "occupational needs" is a catchphrase used often to deny time-off and extra duties

I didn’t feel like I belonged

At first it was great, the team was good and everything was fine but unfortunately after dealing with toxic coworkers and being accused of things that wasn’t me I couldn’t do it anymore so bad that I had to go therapy from how mental drained I was. And I’m sorry for the ones who did believe in me. I’m really am.

I couldn’t take it anymore…

I worked the spa at the Surf Club for a month. The pay and benefits were great but to be disrespected consistently by your coworkers, (including the ones who trained you) and practically have your feeling brushed off by managers was just taking a toll on my mental health…

Environnement de travail agréable

Environnement de travail agréable, la culture de l'entreprise, la direction, la rémunération, la motivation des collaborateurs, tout était vraiment agréable.

Pros

Repas gratuit, incentives, la relation entre la direction et les collaborateurs, expériences acquises, la promotion...

High turnover rate.

Six-month anniversaries are recognized, as most employees do not stay, for a variety of reasons.Hospice work is not for everyone; and I strongly recommend shadowing for a day or two before accepting any offers.As a chaplain, the music therapy team and the chaplains work together; and also in close coordination with the assigned nursing and social workers team members. At the worker bee level, there's some amazing talent and a team effort. First and second-line supervision in the field was great at making sure you had the resources, training, and time to do your job effectively. My concerns were with the senior staff, and their inability to practice what they preached -- on more than one topic. To the point that referrals to state and federal agencies were made; and I submitted my resignation after 8 months.

Pros

People in the field really care about their patients and fellow team members.

Cons

Senior staff.

Worst environment

The place is a shambles and the owner is deceitful pputs you on a forty hour contract and has you working sixty sometimes seventy hours with out pay , too busy snooping on staff and guests alike doesn't seem to know the difference between live in n butt out ,

Team work and the hotel safe all tools fot work

It's very good company they put the the basic rules for hotels standard and care abkut their staff too much and they care about guests and they sit training programs for the staff to be updated to the best services

Pros

Free lunch good accommodation

Cons

According to the business need

Good perks

hospitality industry boutique hotel with laid back environment. Good work perks and benefits. great co workers and guests. Im not sure how it was after the pandemic

Awesome company to work for

This is a awesome company to work for. Most employees stay with fours seasons hotel because the benefits and pay is great. I enjoyed my work at the spa for over 17 years; I had the flexibility I needed as an employee with a family. Almost all the staff in my department and throughout this hotel has been there over 10 years.

Pros

Free lunch and free complementary hotel stay

Cons

Short breaks; some managers are stressful

Great place to work.

Great place to work. They realy take good care of their employees . I will recommend Four Seasons to all budding hotel employees who want to scale new heights in the hotel industry.

Working For A Bill Gates Company

Four Seasons used to be the best. Times have changed. The upper management only cares about their bonuses. They do not care about the direct service providers. I would never recommend working for this company or supporting this company with your money.

Muy bien

Muy bien me gutato el trabajo bastante cresi con más experiencia

Magnifique

Super entreprise possibilité d'évoluer personnel super environnement magnifique très très bon souvenir

There is never some thing called good and bad things at work. It is always about doing what you like and doing things just because you have to do it.

Good place to work at! Typical day for pool attendant was stocking up towels for the day, cleaning and maintaining the pool area. Keeping water stations full. I learned how to work as a team player. Workplace culture was really fun and everyone was helpful. The hardest part of the job was standing on your feet for 10 hours.

Not the culture I anticipated

I really did love Four Seasons when I first started and I still do believe in the company as a whole and their overall culture. I think they do encourage politeness to one another and they take care of their employees in terms of meals and benefits. Unfortunately, the particular department I went into was not as amazing. I found it mentally draining due to the constant disrespect/bullying of the employees and myself, and physically draining with the 11 hour shifts and lack of breaks. It was a very negative place to work which was extremely disappointing to me as the potential for a good working environment was high. The notice for shifts was Thursday evening for the following Monday's work. Less than a week and the schedule was still usually incorrect which made it very difficult to plan anything and quite inconsistent. Some weeks you would work 5 days, the next would be 7 days straight. The overall morale with the team was drained and demotivated. I gave plenty of notice upon leaving, I never received an exit interview.

Good company

Good company, good benefits, multiple locations, opportunities for advancement, special rates at sister hotels, luxury hotel operator, choose urban or rural destinations

When my costumer satisfied to the food I prepared

Four Seasons is the best worked place I experience. Golden rule,implemented in my daily life,specially in Lebanese culture. I haved learned a lot and happy memories happened ,during my 2yrs.in the sushi bar and main kitchen,saluted to all my colleagues chefs and most especially to my head chef,showing the passion and love to his fellowship.I thank u!

Incredibly Toxic

Working at this company was my dream, taking a job with them was the worst mistake of my life. I have never been so under appreciated and gaslit by management. They have no idea what they are doing and have inconsistent expectations. I quite literally could not sleep it was so toxic

Cons

Toxic, no respect for employees, lack of training, incompetent managers

Decent

Decent pay. Tiring work. Lots of running around. Decent perks and networking. Work life balance is rough. Recommend for training and standard practice.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Four Seasons. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits