Fairfield Inn & Suites

Fairfield Inn & Suites  Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,486 reviews

Too Much

There's too much work for minimal pay. Management does not communicate properly which leads to chaos. People walk in and out as they please to from the job. They hire outside help at a higher rate than what we are being paid and we've been here much longer than the day they've been here.

Pros

The People

Cons

Minimal pay

Fun

Great place to work love the atmosphere the people and the customers opportunity growth and advancement and employees are great to be around would recommend it.

Pros

Work hours

Cons

N/a

The management is a joke

The management doesn’t care about employee needs at all. There is barely any linen, always short on basic amenities. Management lies about everything.

Cons

No breaks no pto no ot allowed

Language barriers

Was a very clean nice place. Pretty organized and had all supplies needed to get the job completed. Have working materials needed to do the job and no worries about having to wait for linen.

Pros

Able to take breaks

Cons

Communication

work life balance is not a consideration

no support from upper management or from the corporate HR team once they were notified of issues. Work culture is to protect corporate team at all costs, sacrifice the property team. Property management forced to use tedious systems, extensive process to get invoices paid in timely manner. Corporate office in another state slow rolls any project,

Simple job

Most of the shifts are limited in things to do. Working alone is very common so breaks are not often. Marriott training is given along with the specific company handbook was given, but the uniform section is not kept up to date, so you are scolded for performing inside of what the handbook specifies.

Pros

Simple work day

Cons

poor organization

Franchise that did not invest in employees

This was a few years ago when I was there. The issue with many of the hotels that are not in a big city, is that they are franchisee. As such, there is always the budget or lack thereof to worry about.That impacts staffing, nights usually only had one employee. There was not enough housekeeping staff or management per shift. I was the only supervisor/manager on the weekends and evenings for years. You did not see or hear from corporate unless they were taking the GM out for drinks or there was an issue. You did have a hard working staff. It is a different environment from the hotel industry in New York.

The Gm wasn't supportive they didn't stand by on the decision that made with the staff it was too stressful for me and it wasn't best place to workplace for me

Productive and fun workplace

The staffs are amazing the managements amazing very nice and compassionate and understanding the only downside is on Fridays it does get really busy so Fridays we have a lot of people coming in so Friday isn’t as chill of a day but aside from that on a normal weekday it is quite calm and cool.

Pros

Great management, great staff and a productive place of work

Cons

The pay could be higher

Bullying/ favoritism/

It’s like a high school popularity contest and there’s no support from management there’s favoritism and bullying. I was attacked by another employee verbally for 15 minutes while my manager watched and did nothing even after.

Front desk was easy. The house keepers were very rude to front desk staff though I was not trained and left to work alone in my first day not even 2 hours into my shift but thankfully enough it was that easy to catch on

Fast paced but little room to enjoy it

The job is ok. They also go through housekeepers quickly and cannot keep them there. Your opinions are met with threats of being fired and you can’t bring your problems up to the managers or it’s considered “drama”. Managers take all the breaks they want but the workers below them are expected to kill themselves and work as much as possible.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Unpaid breaks, untrustworthy co workers and managers, high turnover

Boring and full of gossip

They will tell you one thing about how your schedule will work but then do another. The manager of housekeeping will stab you in the back if it helps her. Most of the people are nice enough but the gossip is just running rampant. The pay is fine as long as you are not the one doing the brunt of the work (I was not that person). They will take advantage for as long as you let them. It will do for a month or so until you find the job you deserve. Also even the management is trying to find a way out which I think says it all.

Productive and fun

I enjoy working this company. According of my experience to this hotel.it is very fun.until I finish my task.increase my knowledge for janitorial experience. House

Poor management

The number 1 reason why I left this employer is because of poor management. The saying “people leave managers not companies” is very true. Everything rises and falls on leadership. Leadership affects every part of the organization. Many companies are ran by poor managers and many employees are being led by poor management. You’d be surprised how many people hate their bosses. This job is a prime example because even though the pay was terrible, it was a great/fun place to work until you’re working with the manager. She found something wrong with everyone and she definitely had her picks, causing more damage to the company and the employers instead of leading them to success, productivity, and a great work environment.

Pros

Meet new people everyday

Cons

Great people to work with and great place to work.

Love learning new things,And working by myself, love doing something I like to do,which is clean up and make people living environment comfortable and relaxing.

Very draining and poor management

WARNING!!!!Management is horrible in Cambridge ohio! They do not care one bit about their employees,they are a bunch of liars and gossipers.They will talk about teamwork but that's about it ,all talk no action.Be prepared to run like a horse because supervisors will pond their dirty work off on you and Corporate is just as bad.They will ignore you not return phone calls.

N/a

It’s a good company to work for. You really get to do your own think. It only gets stressful when you are working alone and you have a guest that’s disrespectful when you only trying to do your job.

review

the job itself was fine but they dont pay very well and tell you that your getting raises when you dont get them and the owner is VERY VERY cheap the job isnt that bad i suppose

Pros

discount

Cons

no breaks, no PTO, pay

Discriminatory and Quick to Fire

I was at this job around two weeks. I was blatantly told only people who speak Spanish will be promoted. I had two call offs due to personal issues I’m facing and they let me go immediately. Management here is a joke. Don’t waste your time.

Pros

Tips

Cons

Everything else

It sucks

Sucks. Everyone is rude, your not allowed weekends off and most of the time if you request even a day off 2 months ahead it’s an issue. Management is over all utter h*** and there was never anything fun about working here they didn’t pay good at all and when a raise was promised it was never given. Management is lazy and makes everyone else do there job for them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairfield Inn & Suites . Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits