DynCorp International Inc Employee Reviews

Found 25 reviews matching the search See all 3,118 reviews
A great experience
Biomedical Equipment Technician (Lead BMET) (Former Employee) –  OmanApril 12, 2018
Working for Dyncorp Intl. was the greatest experience of my life. I enjoyed working with my multicultural coworkers. Being overseas and seeing new places was one of the highlights of it all! I'd definitely work here again!
Long hours and no recognition for your efforts
WRM FMT Member (Current Employee) –  OmanApril 4, 2018
Very difficult position at OCONUS location. You are away from family for a minimum of 11 months, at a time. Depending upon the operational tempo, some of us haven't seen family for 2+ years. No access to adequate healthcare facilities. No access to proper grocery stores. Zero entertainment, unless you take a 2 hour ferry trip to mainland, then drive five and half hours to nearest city. No real time to relax, because you spend the rest of the night grocery shopping for yourself and the rest of your mates. Must wake up, before dawn, and begin the travel back to location of assignment because you never know when or even if the ferry is operational that day.
Not provide any entertainment this company
Senior Warehouse clerk (Current Employee) –  USAF Base Thumrait OmanMarch 28, 2018
Last six month no Superintend or Supervisor in my department that's hardest time to work here. Management poor. They will pay on time that's the make me happy.
Freight Management Inbound & outbound cargo segment
Container Management Specialst (Current Employee) –  Thumrait, Sulatane of OmanApril 16, 2017
Loading & Unloading cargo for the aircraft and trucks with various type of forklift, operating air staircase huge number of passengers.

DHL cargo documentation & hazardous and dangerous good cargo handling & sorting out.

Working under Air & Ground Cargo Traffic Management.

Friendly, Helpful & Learning Environment.

Tie- down heavy Machinery And vehicles

Palatalizing goods in a 463L pallets with colleagues passing some silly jokes
Pros
Company provide Accommodation & Foods
Cons
9 hours regular extra 3 hours Overtime
Best company for work in Dyncorp
Warehouseman,Senior Warehouseman, supply cleark (Former Employee) –  Thumrait Air base OmanMarch 1, 2017
Lean more things and very good safety for work.Good manegement Benifits. safety and job training conduting by company.had very good period in this company.
Productive and Employee Friendly company
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  OmanAugust 15, 2016
DynCorp International is service provider for USAF . I gained valuable knowledge from this company while I worked there and this company has a friendly environment to work with.
Isolated site
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Masirah Island, Sultanate of OmanJanuary 6, 2016
No room for advancement or lateral moves. People are great, some people in management positions are young and inexperienced resulting in duplication of effort, confusion at times and ineffectiveness
Pros
Pay
Cons
Isoltaed sites
Computer
Senior warehouseman (Current Employee) –  Oman-September 5, 2015
My job is always with challenges, but I could it manage with lots of reading and do the job always efficiently. I have learnt lots with reading working instructions and training and also regulations.
Its give and take
F-16 Avionics Instructor (Former Employee) –  Thumrait Sultanate of OmanAugust 6, 2015
This company is decent. I worked 6 and a half hour work days and still got paid close to 100k. The management is questionable with what regulations apply and don't apply to you in host country. It was a hassle to get pay stubs showing leave balances as you dont automatically get them by email or snail mail.
Pros
Short hours for decent pay
Cons
Management needs work
Diverse culture with Great Travel opportunity
Finacial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Muscat OmanJuly 16, 2015
I only worked for a summer with the company helping them close down their previous fiscal years in Muscat, Oman. The paper work was extremely disorganized and each person who handled any data or invoice created their own confirmation form. Intern it made way for my team and I to make one spread sheet to balance each year. I do not know if it is still being used but for that summer we were the paper work clean up crew. For someone who was only 19 it was a great experience to travel abroad and get hands on in a financial industry.
Mediocure company
MHE Operator - LOGCAP IV (Current Employee) –  Thumrait, OmanMarch 3, 2015
At this job, the normal procedure is what on various cargo to arrive by plane or boat. With the use of various Heavy Equipment, we load trucks, move containers, move various types of cargo to the flight line or on convoy trucks, etc..
Supported US Military Deployed Forces in the Middle East
Oman, DEPUTY PROGRAM DIRECTOR - WRM (Former Employee) –  Muscat, OmanDecember 14, 2014
Provided logistical support and equipment to the US Warfighter in the Middle East....
Pros
Per Diem, housing, Transportation and Comp Bonus
Cons
Long hours, Short Vacation breaks, High Pace Operational Tempo
Good Place to work
Warehouse Operations Manager, Thumrait, Oman (Current Employee) –  Thumrait OmanJune 17, 2014
Overall a good place to work. I have had the opportunity to meet some wonderful people, and managers. Depending on the contract your work life balance can be rolled up into one. I enjoy working with the different cultures, always a very diverse workforce.
Cons
vacation time could be a bit better
easy job, need more opportunities to advance
Logistics Coordinator- Transportation (Current Employee) –  OmanMay 8, 2014
Easy job, management could be better and there are really no opportunities for advancement.
Pros
tax free
Cons
No advancement
Forklift driver/ accountability technician
Ammunition Technician (Current Employee) –  Muscat,OmanJanuary 11, 2014
I work five days a week with weekends off. There nine hour work schedule for five days from morning to even time doing mundane tasks like maybe driving a forklift ever now then or operating pallet jack moving pallets of ammunitions. Through out your duties you work with one or three co-worker making things are done safely. I don't want to go into great detail describing the job experiences I have a daily basis because only a select choose few with the skill set can enter this career field.
Overall excellent company to work for.
Computer Operations Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Oman MuscatDecember 21, 2013
The company was great to work for, but because the job was supporting the Military was sometimes stressful, not enough support to do the daily operations.
Very supportable and promotive company.
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  OmanNovember 30, 2013
A dedicated and energetic worker.Working for the support to the US Air Force.We are maintainiing HMMWV,FIRE TRUCK and all type of vehicles.
Great company to work with.
Civil Engineer Supervisor (Former Employee) –  OmanOctober 17, 2013
One of the most top notched company's I have worked with. Treats all employees with a high regard of respect and consideration. Advancement, along with recognition and training are among the best characteristics of the company. Safety and quality are the focus.
Pros
Pay, commodity, vacation
Cons
None to date
Productive workplace, on a military installation
Logistics Coordinator- Transportation (Current Employee) –  Thumrait OmanSeptember 2, 2013
7am-7pm 12 hour shifts
I have learned Container Management, Gates, and IBS
Site Manager Marlon Mason, very professional
I work with 26 co-workers half on day shift and half on night shift, excellent crew
hardest part of the day is around 3pm, the tempature picks up to about 110 degrees, and that is when we recieve most of our cargo
the most enjoyable part of the day is around 6pm
Interesting, fast paced and productive company to work for!
Munitions Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  Thumrait, OmanFebruary 27, 2013
A typical day of work was about 40 hours of providing munitions operations services in support of the United States Air Force. The hardest part of the job was being away from family for extended periods of time and the most enjoyable was the fact that I was still doing my country a service as a civilian.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DynCorp International Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K