DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews

Showing all 5,289 reviews

Cool place at times

When I started I was there to work the rooftop pool parties which were a hit but complicated relationships with the hotel guest. A lot of complaints cause the event to end. It made a lot of added income to the hotel any where from 12-20k in monthly sales to f&b. Bring it back please And book me to dj @djsauce_dc

Pros

Parties events free/ discounted food

Cons

Impossible room discounts, slow business, irregular income

Not the best

I worked at Hilton for a couple of months until I quit without finding other employment due to my mental health being through the roof. I was hired as a food and beverage attendant and I will be honest, the facility was brilliant. I felt very fortunate to work with a wonderful view and product, but the culture and environment were traumatising. I was made to do completely different roles (bartending/room service/restaurant operations/events) without being paid and which were not in my job description. I was also asked to work crazy hours (3AM) and working 14 hours shifts because of poor staffing decisions by management. There is NO PARKING and if you do not live in the city and finished late there are no late trains to take you home so you either need to have someone pick you up, pay for an expensive UBER or rent a car bay which is so expensive. Finishing at late hours I was stalked my homeless people and chased by random individuals walking to my car and my life was put at risk numerous times with no support. I was also stalked with the hotel cameras by the hotel manager who met me in random corridors or approached me with weird questions. Stressful environment as short staffed and they make you responsible for a lot without pay.

Pros

Working for the name to put on your resume.

Cons

Long hours, unsafe work environment, poor management, No parking, stressful, no work/life balance.

What is the best part of working at the company?The general manager in the executive team focused on taking care of the our team members so they could focus on taking care of our guessWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Knowing that our job was to make the hotel successful, so it could be soldWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?The work culture was excellent. Human resources in the manager were hands on. They both had an open door policy and as a member of the executive teams we focus is on building a positive team. Through incentives and motivation just making things and positive workplace.What is a typical day like for you at the company?As all food and beverage directors in the hotel industry, there is no typical day. Making sure my staff were taken care of so they could take care of our guests working in every department, showing my positiveness, and willing to help in all facets of the hotel.

Eh

I’ve worked at better hotels… the FOM is extremely rude and condescending. Treats staff very ugly. Engineering management is horrible… not worth the pay at all. Would not recommend

Buenos beneficios de salud

Sueldo bajo, buen horario, muy buen plan de salud, buenas gratificaciones.

Pros

Seguro médico

Cons

Sueldo bajo

Bad experience

Bad place to work , no staff stays more than 4 months working in that environment. Has a bad reputation as well if you ask in town about this job ……..

Great management

Easy fun work place great pay long hours opportunities to grow within the company hotel discounts worldwide The menu is minimal and easy to remember l love working here

fun work place with friendly staff

everything is good, staff is friendly and supported, job is not hard. most customer is kind respectful. But the schedule is flexible. Especially there is a little work shift at summer. It means you got little pay.

Pros

good support

Cons

flexible schedule

What is the best part of working at the company?My Coworkers were the best partWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?The company put way too much on your plate. I was doing 3 peoples job: FOM, Director of Front office, and HRWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?It was okay. Too much inconsistency with managementWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?I had to work mandatory 10 hour shifts 5 days a week. I actually worked 10-16 hours 5-6 days a week sometimes 7

What is the best part of working at the company?People and the hours What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Sewage backup and shift change What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Very cool and laid back What is a typical day like for you at the company?Do what you are asked and get through it

Low salary

Low salaries , no friendly, , no respect we need better salaries for do it better work

Pros

Friends

Cons

Low salary

Don't do it

It's never fully staffed. Your shift won't have an end time or cut time. You'll be a part of a team that has been there for years but is lazy and you'll get to pick up the slack and not make any money for it. Glad I left, what an awful time.

Horrible work-life balance

All staff is having split shift every single day, so after few weeks you don't recognize already what is the time of the day. Accommodation is too far from the city, it is located aloof. No shuttle bus provided to some drop off places in city, there is no public transport in RAK so you has to use taxi, it will cost you too much, therefore at your off you usually just sit in the room.

Pros

Cons

constant split shift, accommodation is not in the city, no shuttle buses provided for staff on free time

good envaironment bad location

it is fun to work in the hotels and good benefits! good environments to work it is very safe to walk around inside of the hotel its relaxing to listen some music while you cleaning up then preparing the room for the next day,The bad thing at this hotel is the location there is their are so many homeless people in that area.

Pros

we have breakrooms and we can eat what is in the break room too

Cons

for me is very cool and relaxing/ fun

Fuel muy flexible para mi

Me gusto mucho trabajar ahi fuel encantada de esta

Pros

No tube Segura medico fuel muy poco lo que dure

Cons

Si ahi descanso

Terrible company

This is a terrible business to work for. General manager is absolutely awful, Two-faced and terrible people manager. Tries to rule by fear and discord.

Great managers and co workers

My coworkers and managers were great. The workload is pretty straightforward and not hard, you have the ability to do different things throughout the hotel if you’d like which is nice ( bartend, banquets, etc. I would only downfall were angry guests for the smallest reasons but you will get people like that everywhere

Everything is great but the actual job

Now let me make this clear, if you are degreeless or just have a bad work record the Hilton is a great way to work your way up. I made $18.50 starting, it moved to $19.50 and now I’m at $20.50 averaging $23-28/hr in tips. As a graduate student the job has great money and the hotel discount is great but that’s all there is to it. Management won’t do their job then get mad when the place falls to pieces, they’re more worried about their days off than yours (even though I am part time I’ve found myself working longer weeks than my managers). On top of that they will NOT let you know about your performance nor acknowledge anything until it’s too late. Also I didn’t get my discount till after 6 months of working there. Not worth it unless you’re desperate.

Extraordinary place to work

I spent more than 12 lovely years in this company, unfortunately I had to reconsider my professional plans due the Brexit, therefore I had to move back in EU.

Pros

Everything is pro

Cons

What is the best part of working at the company?Very flexible on shifts. CO workers are great. Friendly as can be . Always a team effort from all areas. It's a fun atmosphere. An so elegant . Great management team. Top notch place to work. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Stress, lol. I'd call it semi hard fun. Team work for real. team work keeps stress level down with this classy group of co workers . What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Classy. elegant with alot of style. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Time Flys wen your having fun at work. Is all I can say. The food is pretty darn good too.

What is the best part of working at the company?I can say all the jobs that I used to work at I love working at the DoubleTree until employee came in and messed it up for everyone. I would love to come make and do what I usually do inspect run runs roomsWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?The whole team was very nice I mean everyone was very nice humble and loved a job best place to work I was working there 2016.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?How they took care of the whole team when I see the whole team on the entire all the employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DoubleTree by Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits