American Express

American Express Employee Reviews

I was privileged to work for American Express! I learnt lot of organizational skills and I was evaluated every 6 months, which really allowed us to improve our goals and enhance our performance. Management was very supportive. Team work spirit! The company offered various benefits and schemes, which encouraged employees to give their 100% on their job.
Pros
Paid Vacation, Medical Benefits
Cons
raise in salary.
My immediate supervisors were very friendly and keen on mentoring and helping me to become better at the work i was doing. Always ready to help and ensure i'm working efficiently.
Pros
Free lunches and Beers
Cons
No Cons
Had to do sales. which was a good learning experience during studying. Challenging job with flexible working hours made it easy to work and study together
Since it was my first ever job after my completion of my bachelors degree, it was really hard initially, especially being allotted in the sales department which is no peace of cake. I was looking forward for working indoor, but this was a completely outdoor job. Nevertheless, i accepted the offer since it was a reputed company and the pay was decent. After joining this company, it helped me a lot in enhancing my communication skills, sales skills, etc and also played an important role in building up my confidence. I started meeting up with big people working in top positions, experienced the corporate world atmosphere which was completely new to me. But most importantly, it taught me how to not lose hopes and always keep myself motivated and work hard towards the achievement of my goal. Since my job was all about sales, i had to achieve my target and compete with my competitors. i was afraid initially that its nearly impossible for me to do better than the existing co workers since they all were highly experienced and older to me. But with time, patience and hardwork i was able to almost reach to their level. Even after facing too many downfalls and failures in my first 2 months, i never gave up. So overall, it was a very lovely experience. Big thanks to my boss and manager. without their support, i would have been nothing. Looking forward to be working in an even better company in the future, but would prefer something indoor instead. Have a great day,
Pros
salary on time, appreciation day.
Cons
petrol and mobile services not provided separately, not much growth in the company.
Work at American Express has been a great learning process. A typical day at work would start with the sales target that needs to be set for the day for the team. Since Amex is a credit card company, the applications for the credit cards needs to be scrutinized and checked thoroughly before sending it to the head office. Some of the applications would be approved and a few declined. The declined applications had to be reviewed and some of them were discussed with management and sent for reconsideration to the head office. The learning experience has been great, where in i have learnt to multi task and deliver the desired results within the stipulated time frame, also to deliver reports to the management on a timely basis, handling of customer queries, immediate response to emails and much more. The co workers at Amex are very cooperative and understanding a fun environment to work at. The hardest part of the job was to get the declined applications approved within the time frame, so that the sales team can achieve the monthly targets. The most enjoyable part of the job was the scrutiny of the credit card applications and addressing the sales team with the errors in each case and ways to amend and rectify them. And also the entire staff at Amex were very cooperative and definitely a fun work place to be at.