Amentum

Amentum Employee Reviews

Found 31 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,722 reviews

enjoyed my time with them

always good working and travel to different location's in the middle east started at 06:00 saturday to thursday (overtime) until 14:30unloading/loading aircraft and iso containers.was good and with the local workforceworking in a sand stormfinishing

Pros

the weather

Cons

the overtime and travel

Good Overseas Company

I enjoyed working in Oman. The company paid well and took good care of us. The program was well run and the locals were extremely friendly and made me feel at home.

empower the wrong people

typical day is sustainable for the most part. management needs to be revamp nothing really hard about the job most enjoyable part is getting overtime but it does not come around that often

Productive workplace, with refreshments

My day started at 7 in the morning, being a very punctual man I always arrived at least ten minutes before opening of the office and mostly I was in charge of the office keys. I ensured the office was clean, arranged and all items were in place before other employees and managers arrived. I worked directly for the site project manager in charge, all liaison with functional departments often if not always went through me, as the Senior Admin officer / secretary of the project manager. I did not find any of my tasks hard as I was always ready to learn the intricacies of my job. I was one of the very few to have worked with the most professional managers who had years of previous military experience and held top ranks in them. My most colorful and unforgettable place of work was when served this organization where I officially retired having served the longest number of years on the particular contract. My most enjoyable part of the job was the monthly review meetings followed by a evening dinner for all employees. The hardest part of my job was when I served on another remote location, in readiness for a historical military operation, to which our organization gave support service.

Pros

Most friendly management, unlimited free refreshments

Cons

Positive experience in my life

It worked for me, good opportunity and some good relationships. The benefits were nice, but sometimes under the mercy of the culture of the country. Different cultures require some adaptability

It is good company

I have learned lot from this company. There is long journey around 9 years. There is good working condition and mangement also. Our team members also very good.

A great experience

Working for Dyncorp Intl. was the greatest experience of my life. I enjoyed working with my multicultural coworkers. Being overseas and seeing new places was one of the highlights of it all! I'd definitely work here again!

Long hours and no recognition for your efforts

Very difficult position at OCONUS location. You are away from family for a minimum of 11 months, at a time. Depending upon the operational tempo, some of us haven't seen family for 2+ years. No access to adequate healthcare facilities. No access to proper grocery stores. Zero entertainment, unless you take a 2 hour ferry trip to mainland, then drive five and half hours to nearest city. No real time to relax, because you spend the rest of the night grocery shopping for yourself and the rest of your mates. Must wake up, before dawn, and begin the travel back to location of assignment because you never know when or even if the ferry is operational that day.

Not provide any entertainment this company

Last six month no Superintend or Supervisor in my department that's hardest time to work here. Management poor. They will pay on time that's the make me happy.

new contract

uncertain what to think at this moment there are things still being worked out. we shall see as time passes at this point i really dont know what to think

Jobs at Amentum

See more jobs

Freight Management Inbound & outbound cargo segment

Loading & Unloading cargo for the aircraft and trucks with various type of forklift, operating air staircase huge number of passengers. DHL cargo documentation & hazardous and dangerous good cargo handling & sorting out. Working under Air & Ground Cargo Traffic Management. Friendly, Helpful & Learning Environment. Tie- down heavy Machinery And vehicles Palatalizing goods in a 463L pallets with colleagues passing some silly jokes

Pros

Company provide Accommodation & Foods

Cons

9 hours regular extra 3 hours Overtime

Best company for work in Dyncorp

Lean more things and very good safety for work.Good manegement Benifits. safety and job training conduting by company.had very good period in this company.

Productive and Employee Friendly company

DynCorp International is service provider for USAF . I gained valuable knowledge from this company while I worked there and this company has a friendly environment to work with.

Isolated site

No room for advancement or lateral moves. People are great, some people in management positions are young and inexperienced resulting in duplication of effort, confusion at times and ineffectiveness

Pros

Pay

Cons

Isoltaed sites

Computer

My job is always with challenges, but I could it manage with lots of reading and do the job always efficiently. I have learnt lots with reading working instructions and training and also regulations.

Its give and take

This company is decent. I worked 6 and a half hour work days and still got paid close to 100k. The management is questionable with what regulations apply and don't apply to you in host country. It was a hassle to get pay stubs showing leave balances as you dont automatically get them by email or snail mail.

Pros

Short hours for decent pay

Cons

Management needs work

Diverse culture with Great Travel opportunity

I only worked for a summer with the company helping them close down their previous fiscal years in Muscat, Oman. The paper work was extremely disorganized and each person who handled any data or invoice created their own confirmation form. Intern it made way for my team and I to make one spread sheet to balance each year. I do not know if it is still being used but for that summer we were the paper work clean up crew. For someone who was only 19 it was a great experience to travel abroad and get hands on in a financial industry.

Mediocure company

At this job, the normal procedure is what on various cargo to arrive by plane or boat. With the use of various Heavy Equipment, we load trucks, move containers, move various types of cargo to the flight line or on convoy trucks, etc..

Supported US Military Deployed Forces in the Middle East

Provided logistical support and equipment to the US Warfighter in the Middle East....

Pros

Per Diem, housing, Transportation and Comp Bonus

Cons

Long hours, Short Vacation breaks, High Pace Operational Tempo

Good Place to work

Overall a good place to work. I have had the opportunity to meet some wonderful people, and managers. Depending on the contract your work life balance can be rolled up into one. I enjoy working with the different cultures, always a very diverse workforce.

Cons

vacation time could be a bit better

easy job, need more opportunities to advance

Easy job, management could be better and there are really no opportunities for advancement.

Pros

tax free

Cons

No advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amentum. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.4K